New Update - Medallion Class App 5/20/22

Syracusefan44

My app was automatically updated yesterday (I have an iPhone 11).  All previously booked/uploaded items still there—dining reservations, personal info, boarding times—for our next five cruises.  We even still have linked dining reservations with family members on our June 25th cruise.

Count me among those who love the app.  Sounds like I’ve been fortunate, but I’ve never had any tech issues with the app pre- or post-boarding.  We recently had a HAL cruise and had to use a card for room entry, drink ordering, etc.  It was tedious and felt ‘old school.’  Surprised how much we missed using the app.  In the post cruise survey to HAL, I mentioned the lack of an app as well as no Vines—two things that made us miss Princess!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

My app was automatically updated yesterday (I have an iPhone 11).  All previously booked/uploaded items still there—dining reservations, personal info, boarding times—for our next five cruises.  We even still have linked dining reservations with family members on our June 25th cruise.

Count me among those who love the app.  Sounds like I’ve been fortunate, but I’ve never had any tech issues with the app pre- or post-boarding.  We recently had a HAL cruise and had to use a card for room entry, drink ordering, etc.  It was tedious and felt ‘old school.’  Surprised how much we missed using the app.  In the post cruise survey to HAL, I mentioned the lack of an app as well as no Vines—two things that made us miss Princess!

looks like I have an upcoming auto update scheduled ... I'll just let that play out

45 minutes ago, voljeep said:

iphone XR - how do i tell which version of the app I have?

3.0.99916 is what it shows currently - what is the latest version?

4.0 if in app store.  If you’re looking in settings it shows 3.0.101994

08264C3E-0353-4A1D-8841-BA9FC93C296E.png

Edited by t&atravel

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How are you loading a flight time?  In the new version, it asks Travel Type (so select Air), then Airline, type in your airline and then select it when showing in the drop down, and then the Flight Number, Departure Airport and Arrival Airport.  Times are not asked for (probably because they can look up flight schedules in an external database).

Well, that didn't work either.   Our cruise ends 6/19 (double checked) and it won't let me save the info.   It's a glitch with the onward destination.  The arriving destination works fine.

Guess I'm not going to worry about it since it still keeps me in the Green Lane, LOL.   The "idea" is cool so PCL has your departing info, but it's definitely not ready to be launched yet.  

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 9.04.49 AM.png

A10EFA84-7FD4-4AAC-8C40-33E18763BE9A.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

I'm also one that likes the App (most of the time....LOL).   I was on HAL in April and I kept wishing I had the Medallion 🙂 

I had 2 issues yesterday with the update.    

1.  My vaccination records were gone and I had to re-upload and now it's saying "pending approval"

2.  I couldn't get my "onward" destination to work (I'm not that worried about this part).

I did notice that it's taking a LOT more time to load as well.....I get "LOADING" with the spinning wheel for a longer time which is annoying.   I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max with 1T of memory.    I had an iPhone 6 before and this happened a lot then, but not so much with my new phone until yesterdays update.   I noticed my battery life seemed to be sapped pretty quickly after the update too.

20 hours ago, amajaa said:

Updated app. Dine my way is not working at all now. I will be really annoyed if we lose our reservations which we made months and months ago. I did take pictures of them but I don’t know if that will make any difference if we can’t get them back.

At least at the moment the arrival group is still showing correctly. 

Well the dinning reservations still seem to be there and correct for both cruises this year so 🤞🤞it will stay that way.

The section where you can book your arrival and departure time seems to have disappeared now unless they have moved it somewhere else. I wanted to check if our departures groups were showing yet and also if the arrivals for the second cruise were showing. Any ideas where it has gone?

3 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Well the dinning reservations still seem to be there and correct for both cruises this year so 🤞🤞it will stay that way.

The section where you can book your arrival and departure time seems to have disappeared now unless they have moved it somewhere else. I wanted to check if our departures groups were showing yet and also if the arrivals for the second cruise were showing. Any ideas where it has gone?

They are not using the Departure Group feature. 

If you go to:  OCEAN Ready / Personal Info & Docs, they now have a REQUIRED section at the top and a SUGGESTED section at the bottom.  Arrival/Departure is under the Suggested section.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

They are not using the Departure Group feature. 

If you go to:  OCEAN Ready / Personal Info & Docs, they now have a REQUIRED section at the top and a SUGGESTED section at the bottom.  Arrival/Departure is under the Suggested section.

ah.....is that what "Suggested" means......LOL

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Satisfaction level may depend on what digital device you are using for the App.

Using the latest Apple device with oodles of memory seems to have a 100% satisfaction.

Using a couple of years old Android device with 32K memory, well, not so much satisfaction.

What device are you using?

Ahh that makes sense. I have a newer Apple phone. 

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Certainly true and makes it even harder to figure out if it's a bug or the individual's device or the platform, etc.

I have to remember to restart my Android phone once in a while. That seems to help with some apps, including MedallionClass.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe mine does a restart every day at 03:00.

Thanks, I do see an auto restart option on my phone. That should help, rather than relying on my memory 🤔

• Haha 1

I have been trying to "check in" after downloading this app for 2 hours and am losing my mind. I can't save anything. I have even tried the web version with 2 different computers and 2 different browsers. I am fairly tech savvy and feel confident it is not me. Is it really this bad overall or maybe its just down today?

9 minutes ago, COLOMomma said:

I have been trying to "check in" after downloading this app for 2 hours and am losing my mind. I can't save anything. I have even tried the web version with 2 different computers and 2 different browsers. I am fairly tech savvy and feel confident it is not me. Is it really this bad overall or maybe its just down today?

Was this your first time to checkin?

Did you just make a new booking or add a booking?

Weekends are always slow and it has just been updated.

Sign out of the App.

Shut down your phone or ipad and then boot it back up.

Make sure your phone, ipad etc has the latest software updates.

Then sign back into the App.  See if it helped.

Or, just wait till tmrw and try again.

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

my last resort is always to delete the app and reinstall it.   That has worked twice for me.

It does help sometimes.  I think the App just can’t handle all the changes and inputs that we are trying.  It gets confused easily!!!🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was this your first time to checkin?

Did you just make a new booking or add a booking?

Weekends are always slow and it has just been updated.

Sign out of the App.

Shut down your phone or ipad and then boot it back up.

Make sure your phone, ipad etc has the latest software updates.

Then sign back into the App.  See if it helped.

Or, just wait till tmrw and try again.

it was my first time but the main info was all there with the booking number. 

I tried everything you listed, plus even the website app. Nothing worked.

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

my last resort is always to delete the app and reinstall it.   That has worked twice for me.

I did try that. We even tried my husbands phone too and all of the different things everyone has said. I guess we will try tomorrow. I can't believe I wasted so much time on this today and it still doesn't work. lol 

I am on board the Grand Princess. We pre booked and paid for 4 specialty dinners. Do not do it. They cannot seem to keep track of what you paid for. Luckily we brought our credit card statement so had proof of purchase. Never again will we pre-pay for dinning. You have nothing on your app or no paper vouchers. And the app only works in some parts of the app and not others.

I feel for the crew and the glichy hand helds they use that are slow or take alot of input just for a beer order. And don't get me started about the wines by the glass selection started ok now it is down to basics ugh.

28 minutes ago, COLOMomma said:

it was my first time but the main info was all there with the booking number. 

I tried everything you listed, plus even the website app. Nothing worked.

So sorry.  You could call Princess and see if they could help or send a message to the IT team.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Or, give it a day or two, if it’s a new booking.  It sometimes takes a day or two to see all your booking information on the App.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So sorry.  You could call Princess and see if they could help or send a message to the IT team.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Or, give it a day or two, if it’s a new booking.  It sometimes takes a day or two to see all your booking information on the App.

Thanks, I will try tomorrow. And it isn't a new booking at all - just new to trying the app. 🙂 Thanks for everyone trying to help!

1 hour ago, cheese please said:

I am on board the Grand Princess. We pre booked and paid for 4 specialty dinners. Do not do it. They cannot seem to keep track of what you paid for. Luckily we brought our credit card statement so had proof of purchase. Never again will we pre-pay for dinning. You have nothing on your app or no paper vouchers. And the app only works in some parts of the app and not others.

I feel for the crew and the glichy hand helds they use that are slow or take alot of input just for a beer order. And don't get me started about the wines by the glass selection started ok now it is down to basics ugh.

I also had a bad experience pre-booking specialty dinners & won’t do it again…rather take my chances onboard.

• Like 1