Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

We're down THREE people here at work today, so I'm truly getting tested physically... Lunch also nothing like I was used to on the ship... Boring 'ol rotisserie chicken...

IMG_20220607_120434293.jpg

Still better than those sardines.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I went back to the comment about Michelin star cuisine, and it looks like they took that quote from one place, and the phrase about the great drinks from somewhere else...

Screenshot_20220607-123249.thumb.png.2283a1aba149bf93446cf4007bc17b0f.png

Screenshot_20220607-123349.png

I saw they reposted some bloggers food videos on their Instagram account. Must be using bloggers for free advertising.

• Like 2

The tax rate in Puerto Planta, Dominican Republic surprised a little. Mostly because I thought only the US operated ex tax pricing in consumer environments.

Digging a little deeper it seems a value added tax regime operates at 18% for most goods and services. There is also a 10% Ley applied as well at hotels and restaurants. The ley appears to operate as what is known in the UK as a tronc, all be it government mandated. It seem inconsistent if prices on menus etc will be quoted inclusive or exclusive of these charges.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2020/03/08/always-tip-your-baggers-at-checkout-and-the-great-mystery-of-dominican-restaurant-bills/

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor

What's this? What a read for sure 👍

rare

• sid_9169"Live from...."
Edited by BasicSailor

I just got an email from Virgin about 8 day voyages starting this November.  Ports are Bimini, San Juan, and St. Croix.  Based on Sid's awesome review I'm seriously thinking about booking one of them.  I forwarded the email to my traveling peeps to see who is in.

• Like 9

Whew, I finally got caught up on this Sid as I just returned from our Bermuda cruise on NCL Joy. All I can say is AWESOME, again, I think you out did yourself! I still can't get over the amount of turf you can cover walking around. I would be the guy with his photo stapled to the poles with a MISSING headline above it if I attempted to explore like you did!

Thanks again for taking us along.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We've been slow at work today, so I was able to read through some of the review from the beginning... Wow, I sure did make a lot of errors with miss spelled words and such. I blame that on my poor eyesight as well as the autocorrect changing some of the words. I guess that I'm going to have to keep my reading glasses with me at all times for the next on in December:)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

We've been slow at work today, so I was able to read through some of the review from the beginning... Wow, I sure did make a lot of errors with miss spelled words and such. I blame that on my poor eyesight as well as the autocorrect changing some of the words. I guess that I'm going to have to keep my reading glasses with me at all times for the next on in December:)

I didn't notice...but then I'm dyslectic. If you are in my car, don't say left or right....point.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 5/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, sid_9169 said:

They didn't have Pac Man, Galaga, or Tempest, so I ended up playing Defender and Space Invaders...

They had Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man and some others at that little sit down machine.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, ReneeFLL said:

There is the Dolphin Mall in west Miami and the Sawgrass Mills Mall (massive) in the Fort Lauderdale area. One of these? Sawgrass is still growing. It’s crazy.

The one we went to was this one: https://www.pubbellyglobal.com/location/brickell-city-centre-pubbelly-sushi/

but they have a few florida locations...

• Like 1

I've just now finished going all the way back through the entire "review", and I've tabulated the names for the official, traditional "Thank You List"... Without YOU, the readers, I would have absolutely no reason at all to do this. It's the feedback that I receive from y'all that makes it ALL WORTHWHILE... This back to back sailing had a few ups and downs, but mostly "ups"... I had a great time, and can't wait until my next cruise, this time upon Carnival's brand new Celebration in December. Without further adieu, I would like to thank the following readers (In order of first appearance) 

ceilidh1, MzShae, Hogladyrider, pbxtech, canes20, Shaded Lady, mopedmom1, adam3313, TravelGirlinDallas, Big Nance, figmentfreak, scaught, britincanada, Jamman54, Greenpea2, mkcurran, Summerbum1221, BohJang, rwest898, blarko, Hooked!, HeyJut, odie1024, AKR2011, jimbri, cruiser147147, Slainte57, FFMilesJunkie, ociana, 30palms, purpleally, indygirl76, ninjacat123, Falconrunner26, LeeRB, jbhcw, Cherries Jubilee, Basic Sailor, ZoeyVictoria, aztekpm, CallistaSkye, bontx33, cml4958, K1mmyD, AmyJA, kpark895, cruisin*tigger, Cscomedygrl, hyerpraise, luvcruzing, catgags, prffd28, WhiteOptima, Webecruzen, Sea Viewer, nccruzencouple, fethiyden, Lady Hudson, Zignewt, WhyWeCruise, cementhands, CelticMCO, Senators Fan, broberts, atanac, mommio, KmomChicago, Prnsessmoi, janbear, Saint Greg, RenoNanaOz, jchipgcs, balcony bound, Putter23, drewdawg199, LibratPDX, lilchuckie, ReneeFLL, alrico1608, keels81, _tacocat_, Von & John, Flamma, pretty princess, DandytheCop, crewsweeper, lazydayz, kelkel2, JustAPilot, Roel94, saunalick, 300dtc, Cairns Cruisers, arizdback, Sadebud, CarrieAP, wynkys, hgalls56, Travelicious, JGmf, Ken076, karriec, Rd4sun2, MikeandRon, MalleyCat, LincolnLegend, jmklade, Milly1966, newdestination, peteandpris, az4ship, shark fan, 4ptjo, doctork, Black Magic, HOA55, Chrish2, and jldixon62...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

And we thank you, Sid, for a fabulous review.  I appreciate all your efforts for taking us all along your trips. I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do.  Can't wait for your next one.

• Like 10

Thanks @sid_9169 for deciding to do this live. Seems like you’re getting back to your ole self and it was fun for us, the readers, to follow along with you on your very first B2B. Ironic that your Virgin voyage was your virgin B2B 😀

• Like 10

Look what I just found at the bottom of my cruise envelope... The ByTox patches that I thought I'd left behind!... Even without the official packing list, I managed to make it there and back again with everything...

PXL_20220613_000148917.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 2