App saying cant validate covid certs

Hi, I did search but no joy. We are sailing June 6th. I inputted mine and husband details for  check in. But his vaccination certs are saying cant validate.  I took photo sevaral times over the past couple of weeks but each time same thing cant validate. My certs passed no problem.  Any idea what I should do, of can we just bring certs to the pier

thanks for any advice 

Marie 

The sole purpose of the vaccination verification being added to the Royal app was to speed up check-in at the pier.  If it was verified then it was one less document that the check-in agent had to take a picture of and enter into the system.  So it saved Royal about 20 to 30 seconds per person.  They still have to visually inspect the physical vaccination card (or proof) even if the upload was verified, so you'll need to bring the vaccine proof anyway.  The verification is no more than some employee at Royal looking at each uploaded image and saying "yes, that looks like a genuine vaccine card to me" and hitting the approved key.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Anton said:

They still have to visually inspect the physical vaccination card (or proof) even if the upload was verified, so you'll need to bring the vaccine proof anyway. 

Not always - in Bayonne (and perhaps other ports), for some, if validated, they don't ask for the card.

My DH and I sailed on Celebrity in November.  When we got to the pier, we were held up a few minutes because when we uploaded our vacc cards, the RCI person who inputted the info into the system mixed up his dates.  They just took a look at his card, updated the info right there and sent us right to the ship for boarding. It was stressful for about 2 minutes.  LOL.  They were checking everyone's vacc and test docs at the pier.

Kim