Room Service - Non Suite

FIrefan17

46 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I never grew up with caviar, so I don't even know how to eat it.  I know some cruises have caviar bars.

If you’re in an Aqua cabin they deliver the caviar to your room and an assistant spoon feeds you while you drink the $5 per bottle sparkling wine.

Here in Raleigh I can’t find beluga or it’s just too expensive.  But for dinner parties I’ve bought lumpfish from my local Publix and it’s fine.  Eat it with crackers and maybe a little sour cream.  I serve cheap caviar with expensive champagne.  Go figure.

Edited by zitsky

9 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Another option for the room service turkey club is to order it sans bread and put the fixins on top of a salad (I usually order it x2 for more protein).  Pretty good balcony lunch.

App shows it basically as a BLTT Bacon lettuce tomato and turkey with fries.  Sounds good.

• Like 1

We find the chicken noodle soup reliably hot and tasty and we love the fries that come with the general room service turkey club sandwich!

Not fine dining but a great lunchtime option to enjoy on sea days on the balcony. 

Edited by chemmo

I discovered the "kids" grilled chicken sandwich on my most recent cruise.  It is actually good.  A nice baguette with grilled chicken breast.  It comes with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickles, raw onion & mayonnaise.  I ate it as it came minus the onion.

It was a 1:00am discovery that I initially split with my boyfriend since it was a little late night snack.  We both liked it so after that I said we each needed our own, when it became a nightly order.  😅

🍹

The pictures don't quite do it justice and you can't see the baguette, but it was good.  😉  It looked very unassuming but was pleasantly surprised.  😃

20211016_023034.thumb.jpg.6c729fce3b8766df07f4fd4b0d28d5fc.jpg

20211010_014637.thumb.jpg.53b2434755a778c6f38998b1b40ce11b.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 1:30 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Room service is complimentary until 1:00am and then there is a flat $4.95 service charge (non suites) until morning when breakfast delivery starts. 

Available 24hrs.

🍹

22 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It's now until 11pm

I believe the after-hours room service charge is waived for suites.

16 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I discovered the "kids" grilled chicken sandwich on my most recent cruise.  It is actually good.  A nice baguette with grilled chicken breast.  It comes with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickles, raw onion & mayonnaise.  I ate it as it came minus the onion.

It was a 1:00am discovery that I initially split with my boyfriend since it was a little late night snack.  We both liked it so after that I said we each needed our own, when it became a nightly order.  😅

🍹

The pictures don't quite do it justice and you can't see the baguette, but it was good.  😉  It looked very unassuming but was pleasantly surprised.  😃

20211016_023034.thumb.jpg.6c729fce3b8766df07f4fd4b0d28d5fc.jpg

20211010_014637.thumb.jpg.53b2434755a778c6f38998b1b40ce11b.jpg

Is that processed cheese? Celebrity has fallen so far..

4 hours ago, Veinless said:

Is that processed cheese? Celebrity has fallen so far..

By definition all cheese is processed, Cheese is not a naturally occurring food product. 🤔 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 2inTul said:

By definition all cheese is processed, Cheese is not a naturally occurring food product. 🤔 

True, but there is a difference between cheese and something made using cheese as an ingredient.

That looks very much like “pasteurized process cheese food” rather than cheese, but frankly I'd still order it for the same reasons I'd accept it on a burger at the Mast Grill, sometimes junk food is what you need at that precise moment 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:21 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks very much for that.😎

Ah, the app.......I have gotten to <almost> hate the trend to move everything onto phone apps! I know I am an be old foggy, but I just don't like the change. I have no trouble with similar  "apps" on a PC, but trying to do many things on the "smart phones" is much more difficult to see and to type. I watch in awe as those younger folk type 1,345 words a minute with their thumbs! <g> I did buy an 8 inch  tablet to use as necessary on  cruise ships, but I likely will also bring a laptop for everything else such as emails, checking weather, info on ports, airline and hotel reservations, etc.

Good to know about the MDR meals to cabin service; thanks again.

As to waits for the phone to be answered, understandable the wait could be long. Especially with folks likely in quarantine!😲

Doug

Just to be sure - it is not the wait for the phone to be answered that is long.  It is the delivery of room service.  We were just recently in quarantine on the Apex for 10 days and had room service all 10 days (menu is on the app - very easy to see what is available each day, really only thing that changes is the special items for entree, starter, dessert - all the standards stay the same in the restaurant - and if you are on one of the ships with 4 MDRs - it would be easier to look at a menu).  The wait for room service delivery was often 2 hours.  And then, they would often forget to deliver one of the entrees (there were 2 of us) or silverware, or something.  So just be advised - it is ONE room service kitchen so with all the quarantine people - it is kind of a crapshoot how long it will take, and what will/won't be delivered.  If they forgot silverware - it was a 30 minute wait to get it.  So we just kept silverware in our room.  If they forgot an entree.  Well, we then had another 30 minute wait while the person went back to get it.  And the food was never hot, just slightly warm.  So under normal times, room service may be nice.  But during covid - maybe think twice.  Just my two cents.

On 5/26/2022 at 2:30 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Room service is complimentary until 1:00am and then there is a flat $4.95 service charge (non suites) until morning when breakfast delivery starts. 

Available 24hrs.

🍹

11pm for as long as I can remember

On 5/27/2022 at 1:03 PM, goofysmom99 said:

Another option for the room service turkey club is to order it sans bread and put the fixins on top of a salad (I usually order it x2 for more protein).  Pretty good balcony lunch.

i believe this has been eliminated from the room service menu according to the menu available on the pre-cruise celebrity ap. It;s too bad, because it's the only thing that is palatable (besides the fresh fruit) on the room service menu

On 5/26/2022 at 5:45 PM, kenb said:

Based on the online application I question your answer. Based on the app there are specific items available. I may be wrong.

The room service menu does not say that the MDR dinner menu is available during dinner hours

On 5/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

We'll be in a C3 cabin on the Summit. Do I understand that cabin meal service results in no charge?  I understand we have an "enhanced" breakfast menu, but my question is directed more toward the dinner meal. We'd likely order a dinner, hopefully  off the MDR menu, between around 530-7PM. BTW, how do you order from the MDR from your cabin? Where do you see what items are available?

Doug

"The room service menu is very limited as is the breakfast but at least it's free.  A lot of people forget that you can call room service and order dinner off of the MDR menu during MDR dinner hours."

depending upon the ship you can look at the ap for the MDR menu each night, or else you need to go to the restaurant after lunch where it will be posted.

Note that it is VERY uncomfortable eating a full meal on a teeny weeny table barely enough room for one plate (let alone two and appetizers and desserts)

On 5/27/2022 at 12:47 AM, mahdnc said:

On every cruise I will on occasion handwrite “Eggs Benedict” on the room service breakfast card (regular balcony cabin) and have always received it. 

Its not on the menu because you aren;t supposed to order it.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:29 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Ask for print outs at guest services, no idea if they’ll do it but you can ask.

yes there could be long waits, the hope is they’re evolving as many have complained on the post-sailing survey

No they won't

6 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

i believe this has been eliminated from the room service menu according to the menu available on the pre-cruise celebrity ap. It;s too bad, because it's the only thing that is palatable (besides the fresh fruit) on the room service menu

I just checked tonight's Equinox room service menu (current sailing).  Turkey club is still there.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, PinkSandGirl said:

Slices of cheese like you would find on a burger at the Mast Grill.

🍹

Yup. The kind that gets squirted in those individual serving packets. Same as the stuff that comes in a can

2 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just checked tonight's Equinox room service menu (current sailing).  Turkey club is still there.

Not on the summit's menu...I have to look again. Maybe i missed it. Was always my favorite

10 hours ago, ehall said:

Just to be sure - it is not the wait for the phone to be answered that is long.  It is the delivery of room service.  We were just recently in quarantine on the Apex for 10 days and had room service all 10 days (menu is on the app - very easy to see what is available each day, really only thing that changes is the special items for entree, starter, dessert - all the standards stay the same in the restaurant - and if you are on one of the ships with 4 MDRs - it would be easier to look at a menu).  The wait for room service delivery was often 2 hours.  And then, they would often forget to deliver one of the entrees (there were 2 of us) or silverware, or something.  So just be advised - it is ONE room service kitchen so with all the quarantine people - it is kind of a crapshoot how long it will take, and what will/won't be delivered.  If they forgot silverware - it was a 30 minute wait to get it.  So we just kept silverware in our room.  If they forgot an entree.  Well, we then had another 30 minute wait while the person went back to get it.  And the food was never hot, just slightly warm.  So under normal times, room service may be nice.  But during covid - maybe think twice.  Just my two cents.

Thanks for telling your experience. Another factor I must consider deciding to take or cancel my cruises. I know it's not the cruise line's fault, it's just the way things are. When I scheduled the three cruises we have on the calendar, it was when things were looking much better from a covid standpoint. Now I'm not so sure cruising is appropriate for my wife and me.  We are concerned about getting ill at our age (mid 70s), but more than that, we're concerned with having to quarantine either on the ship or somewhere far from home. Each of us has to make the best decision they can based on our situation; and they are tough decisions. We sure were looking forward to our cruises, now we spend so much time trying to decide when and if to cancel.😌

Doug