ordering a bottle of alcohol from Royal

I has a discussion last night about the cost of drinks/drink package. He mentioned that he pre orders a bottle (whiskey) from Royal before the cruise starts. The bottle is in his room when he checks in. This is not the little bottle (375mil) you get from gifts. He said it was a full size bottle, does not come with any mixers. Cost $80( about double the regular price). I have never seen this as an option. Has anyone heard of this or better yet, done it themselves?

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have seen this option in the past.  I have not looked if still available.  I think it was offered under gifts on cruise planner in the past.

I think only the small bottle is offered under gifts

11 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

I has a discussion last night about the cost of drinks/drink package. He mentioned that he pre orders a bottle (whiskey) from Royal before the cruise starts. The bottle is in his room when he checks in. This is not the little bottle (375mil) you get from gifts. He said it was a full size bottle, does not come with any mixers. Cost $80( about double the regular price). I have never seen this as an option. Has anyone heard of this or better yet, done it themselves?

He might be confused, or was referring to what was once available in the past. Carnival currently offers 750ml/liter bottles of booze for around $80. I've only seen RCCL offer the 375ml bottles of Rum ,Vodka and Gin with mixers. And, no whiskey offered, with or without mixers. 

For our PAST "MARINER" cruise (just last week) my wife had gone and surprised me with the "GIN" alcohol package (with 6 cans of mixer). When we got into the room I saw 6 cans of soda and thought, oh how nice my D+ rewards are here. I never thought anything more about it. Until about 4 days into the cruise my wife says "how are you enjoying your Gin?". I told her I didn't know what she was referring to and that is when she made reference to the sodas on the desk. She told me about the pre-purchased "alcohol" package (for the room) and I told her I hadn't seen anything like that. She gave me a copy of the confirmation of her on-line purchase and sent me down to Guest Services to inquire about it. They did some research and finally an assistant Bar Manager (Mike, very nice guy) came and explained that they were having supply challenges getting the "smaller" sized bottles (350 ml., I think) from there suppliers  I was offered a refund and he was very apologetic about the whole thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:50 PM, molsonschooner said:

Here’s the site. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/wine-liquor

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Big_G said:

It does. I just posted the link to the liquor. If you back out it also shows the wine selection. Hit the the Wine & Liquor at the top: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/

Thank you.... those all look like single bottles.  I am talking about a package of multiple bottles, usually between 6 and 10,  for a fixed price of say between $150 and $250 for the entire package.  You'd have multiple wines to choose from each night until you finished your allotment.

35 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Thank you.... those all look like single bottles.  I am talking about a package of multiple bottles, usually between 6 and 10,  for a fixed price of say between $150 and $250 for the entire package.  You'd have multiple wines to choose from each night until you finished your allotment.

I've never seen that on Royal Caribbean.

38 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Disney Cruise Lines does that.

I decided to order 4 bottles of wine for our two cabins so that I don't have to fly with 4 bottles in our luggage from Kentucky to Amsterdam.  It cost more but not having the hassle makes it worth it for me. 

5 hours ago, vjmatty said:

The used to do that sort of thing, but you would get your bottles through the dining room.  You could get them one at a time, all at once, or anything in between, and you could take them anywhere after that. It's been a while since they've done that, though.  I believe they ended not too long after the drink packages came around.

I do not ever recall something like that where they would deliver them to your room, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

The used to do that sort of thing, but you would get your bottles through the dining room.  You could get them one at a time, all at once, or anything in between, and you could take them anywhere after that. It's been a while since they've done that, though.  I believe they ended not too long after the drink packages came around.

I do not ever recall something like that where they would deliver them to your room, though.

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about, in the dining room you’d ask for something off the list.

I don’t know why they switched to a one-size-fits-all package for alcohol. This is the only cruise line I know of, and I sail many, that doesn’t either have a beer and wine package for those who don’t drink the hard stuff….or a basic vs premium package for those who are happy with house brands and don’t need top shelf. Even Celebrity, owned by RC, let’s you choose among multiple tiers. 

5 hours ago, whitsmom said:

I decided to order 4 bottles of wine for our two cabins so that I don't have to fly with 4 bottles in our luggage from Kentucky to Amsterdam.  It cost more but not having the hassle makes it worth it for me. 

I found a highly rated liquor/wine store 1 block from our hotel in Amsterdam.  I'm taking a neoprene duo wine carrier with me.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I have seen this option in the past.  I have not looked if still available.  I think it was offered under gifts on cruise planner in the past.

I had ordered the Vodka with 6 cans of tonic for our October 2020 Transatlantic (that never happened).  I actually ordered 2 bottles, since the bottles aren't very big.  I tried to order the Vodka package for our NE/Canada cruise, but have been unable to find it in the Cruise Planner.  Have they done away with this,  only offering wine?

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I had ordered the Vodka with 6 cans of tonic for our October 2020 Transatlantic (that never happened).  I actually ordered 2 bottles, since the bottles aren't very big.  I tried to order the Vodka package for our NE/Canada cruise, but have been unable to find it in the Cruise Planner.  Have they done away with this,  only offering wine?

I do not see on cruise planner for any of the future cruises we have booked.  Maybe order onboard??

• Like 1