Pinnacle "Gala"

julia

Just saw a new dining event on the Nav App called Pinnacle Gala...  offered on cruises of 10 days or longer.  $120/pp +18% service charge.  While we enjoy fine dining, that seems a bit steep.  Thoughts?

We tried it on Nieuw Amsterdam last fall. Though there were some beautifully plated and tasty food there was a few offerings that were blah. This was right in the beginning of offering this menu so I’m sure it’s improved. 

The Hotel Director even mentioned he was disappointed in a certain dish.

Hopefully, someone who tried it recently will post on their experience.

Price? Including lots of wine and the cost of food these days maybe not a bad deal for some.

6 minutes ago, julia said:

Just saw a new dining event on the Nav App called Pinnacle Gala...  offered on cruises of 10 days or longer.  $120/pp +18% service charge.  While we enjoy fine dining, that seems a bit steep.  Thoughts?

It was an extremely special meal. It was like fine dining in a 5 Star Restaurant. We have eaten at Sel de Mer, but it was much more than that meal. Everyone is dressed for the occasion. They actually roll out a red carpet. The chef explains the meal we are about to enjoy. Wine was paired with the meal. Photo was taken of us at the end of the event. We also received the photo and the menu mounted on card stock. We enjoyed the experience so much, we did it again. 

I blame the Assistant Shore Excursion Manager for our participation. She explained that she had been treated to this experience and would love to do it again. So we thought why not! It was an excellent recommendation. Interestingly despite the five courses that took approximately 2.5 hours, we didn’t feel like we had overeaten. Portion size was very manageable. Can’t wait to do it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Storylady said:

It was an extremely special meal. It was like fine dining in a 5 Star Restaurant. We have eaten at Sel de Mer, but it was much more than that meal. Everyone is dressed for the occasion. They actually roll out a red carpet. The chef explains the meal we are about to enjoy. Wine was paired with the meal. Photo was taken of us at the end of the event. We also received the photo and the menu mounted on card stock. We enjoyed the experience so much, we did it again. 

I blame the Assistant Shore Excursion Manager for our participation. She explained that she had been treated to this experience and would love to do it again. So we thought why not! It was an excellent recommendation. Interestingly despite the five courses that took approximately 2.5 hours, we didn’t feel like we had overeaten. Portion size was very manageable. Can’t wait to do it again.

Thank you for this post.  I have been debating it as I fear this replaces the Cellar Master Dinner which we always enjoyed.

Much appreciated 👍 

• Like 1

There is another posting about the Gala Dinner. Inside Cabin did an incredible review of the meal. See this link and scroll to the top for Pete’s Review!

Edited by Storylady

11 hours ago, kazu said:

Thank you for this post.  I have been debating it as I fear this replaces the Cellar Master Dinner which we always enjoyed.

Much appreciated 👍 

See Pete’s review. He has photos and the menu posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storylady said:

See Pete’s review. He has photos and the menu posted.

thanks.  His thread wasn’t up yet when I posted.  Appreciate you both giving us your insight on the dinner 👍