Two questions on Equinox

mafig

Since this will be a late booking, we will have to take Traditional dining.  Is this located on the main floor?  We always liked our table to be on the balcony railing.  Are any Traditional tables located there?🤞

Also, I have the feeling that our boarding time will be late (2:00 or so) because we're late bookers.  How strict are they with this?

Don't know about MDR. Assigned boarding times are enforced. This makes the process go much more quickly and smoothly.  This is our experience at Port Everglades twice in the past 6 months. Suite and Zenith can board at will. 

Edited by 39august

On our recent ships the first floor of dining was traditional and the second floor for MyTime dining.  As far a assigned entry times it does seem to vary some by port - they were reviewed/enforced at Tampa and Miami for us this year.

I always choose Select dining, and on my S class cruises I’ve dined on the upper deck of the MDR.  Traditional dining was on the lower deck. BTW you may be able to be waitlisted for Select dining or ask the Maître d’ after boarding. 

In April, they were still enforcing boarding times at the Port Everglades terminal (as others have said, suite & Zenith pax can board anytime). I have heard there may be some leeway in the afternoon, perhaps because there may be fewer people boarding.

On all of our recent cruises they have enforced boarding times.   At FLL they had lanes setup like at the airport and if there was a lag they would allow some on the next line to enter the terminal. 

As other said - Zenith's and Suites can board anytime.

You can tell the floor of the dining by going to the App and look under Dining -  Looks like you will be out of luck for Deck 4 Railing Seating unless you are able to get Select.

On Equinox   -

Select Dining   -   Deck 4 Aft

Main dining     -    Deck 3 Aft

Was on the ‘Nox last month and this month got on an hour early.  While they have lanes set up, other than the initial early bird rush they’re never busy and will let you on through.  Outside the terminal all they check is if you have a negative test, they don’t check your express pass which has the boarding time.

The process has evolved over time and unlike when they first restarted, they don’t force people to wait outside.  Next stage is X-ray/metal detector, then you check in which is where the bottle neck is.

EFD9AC95-5AA1-49D5-ACEF-6B1E235FF5AA.thumb.jpeg.b846df0e9ca052ac776fd290b5cac7eb.jpeg