Final Payment & Adding People

Final payment for my fall cruise to Hawaii on Ovation is coming up the end of June.   Will they allow  me to add people to the cabin after final payment?  I'm assuming any change in pricing would be paid immediately I imagine?   Or do they not you add passengers?   The cabin is a junior suite so there will be room.

13 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

Final payment for my fall cruise to Hawaii on Ovation is coming up the end of June.   Will they allow  me to add people to the cabin after final payment?  I'm assuming any change in pricing would be paid immediately I imagine?   Or do they not you add passengers?   The cabin is a junior suite so there will be room.

They may let you add if there is room for the designated lifeboat capacity for your cabin location. Your cruise will be repriced....and yes, due immediately.

Thanks.   I'm so far alone in a junior suite so there should be room for another couple people.  They just haven't made up their mind yet,  and would love to give them a bit more time and then add them in July sometime.

34 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I'm so far alone in a junior suite so there should be room for another couple people. 

Adding a second person should be fine and you may avoid a reprice - adding the third is only possible if the cabin is designated for that and may trigger a reprice.

We had 2 people in a 2 bedroom grand suite.  I tried to add a third person and they repriced it.  The additional cost was over $4,000.  I booked a inside right across and the rate for 1 person was less than $1,000.  Didn’t make any sense at all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

We had 2 people in a 2 bedroom grand suite.  I tried to add a third person and they repriced it.  The additional cost was over $4,000.  I booked a inside right across and the rate for 1 person was less than $1,000.  Didn’t make any sense at all.

In your case the GS likely had a (significant) price increase since you first booked it and repriced it, but the inside did not.  Pricing is driven by algorithms that would not be easy to follow and are based on inventory mix, current demand, stateroom category, etc. No sense trying to make sense of it.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind

As said a Cabin could hold more Passengers but if that Lifeboat Station is Full for your Cabins Section you may not be able to add them then. If you think might Book extra passengers, do it early and lock in price. 

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

As said a Cabin could hold more Passengers but if that Lifeboat Station is Full for your Cabins Section you may not be able to add them then. If you think might Book extra passengers, do it early and lock in price. 

Yes...book the other passenger name as a TBD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yes...book the other passenger name as a TBD.

Best advice. Add them, names TBD, lock in price. Look at the deck plan and the "key" to see if your cabin will hold them. Just because it has a sofa doesn't mean it is a cabin that allows 3, or even 4 with a pull out sofa bed. Cancel if you need to later on. Have a great cruise.