Internet Package

My family will be taking a cruise here shortly and I have a question regarding the internet packages available.  There are 3 of us and each has a device.  When I look at the packages, we each can purchase a one device package or one of us can purchase a package with 3 devices (which is actually cheaper).  Why would I not buy one package with 3 devices?  Am I missing something?

Just as brillohead said, you buy the plan, one person, three devices.  They don't care if you have three separate devices yourself (phone, laptop, ipad, etc.) or if it is three different people, each with their own devices.  In my experience it is always less expensive to get the one person-multiple device pkg and share it with your family.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, alex_drew said:

Just as brillohead said, you buy the plan, one person, three devices.  They don't care if you have three separate devices yourself (phone, laptop, ipad, etc.) or if it is three different people, each with their own devices.  In my experience it is always less expensive to get the one person-multiple device pkg and share it with your family.

Heck, they don't even care if you don't even KNOW the other people. 

I've often purchased a 4-device plan, then sold off the extra three devices to people in my roll call thread.  We'd meet on the first day, and they'd pay me cash or PayPal for 1/4 of the total price, and I'd give them the log-on information.  Worked great, and everyone got a much cheaper price!

• Like 1

So let me get this straight because I am so confused.

We have 4 people in our party. 

All I have to do is purchase one zoom package with 4 devices and we can all be on our phones at the same time and won't get kicked off?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ari3171 said:

All I have to do is purchase one zoom package with 4 devices and we can all be on our phones at the same time and won't get kicked off?

Correct. 

1 hour ago, ari3171 said:

Yes.  But a 4 device package is priced for 4 people.  It is cheaper than 4 individual packages, but it is obviously way more than 1 individual package.  So if you know you have multiple people that all want their own internet, definitely get one of the multi device plans.  

2 minutes ago, nerd-guy said:

Is anyone using hot spots to share the connection with your cabin mate?

No, because you'd have to be in the same place at the same time, and that's only if your phone allows you to share a wifi connection -- most phones share internet via the phone's data plan.  

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

No, because you'd have to be in the same place at the same time, and that's only if your phone allows you to share a wifi connection -- most phones share internet via the phone's data plan.  

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nerd-guy said:

Is anyone using hot spots to share the connection with your cabin mate?

Portable Wi-Fi routers with that functionality have been reported to work - even if technically it’s against RCI use policy. 

5 hours ago, ari3171 said:

You will all use the same login, but each have wifi for their device. And, today it’s on sale for 50%off! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

How about giving your device a vacation for the week...

That's not always an option for everyone, either because they can't (work obligations, parents/kids back home, etc.) or they simply don't want to.  

Your comment is as helpful as telling people to give their swimsuit a vacation for the week and stay out of the pool / off the beach or to give their liver a vacation for the week and not drink anything but water/tea/coffee.  People are allowed to do what they want on their vacation, within the confines of the law and the cruise contract.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brillohead said:

That's not always an option for everyone, either because they can't (work obligations, parents/kids back home, etc.) or they simply don't want to.  

Your comment is as helpful as telling people to give their swimsuit a vacation for the week and stay out of the pool / off the beach or to give their liver a vacation for the week and not drink anything but water/tea/coffee.  People are allowed to do what they want on their vacation, within the confines of the law and the cruise contract.  

I am suggesting the best advice possible.

They just don't know it.

Your analogy is not very good.

Now go read your cruise contract...

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

At one time I had blocked matj2000.  Maybe he slightly changed his screen name.  Time to do it again

• Like 1