The Daily for Monday 05/30/2022

richwmn

31 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@marshhawk,DH and I were in a Porthole cabin on the Veendam from NY to Bermuda and  back.It was quite cozy( ha!) and we felt the motion of the ocean a lot more.It was a great cruise though.

I usually book a porthole cabin. No problems.

Susan

• Like 10

Hello everyone.  It;s a lovely sunny autumn day temperature 19C.

We visited Kona during a Trans Pacific crosing on board the beautiful Volendam. We were walking along admiring the scenery, when a huge wave came over the seawall and drenched me..........sat in the sun to dry off.   Thanks for all the photos of Kona.

@smitty34877 pleased that Tana was able to participate at your BBQ.  You have good helpful neighbours.

@cunnorl you would have had a big fright with your DD, pleased that she was not injured.

This morning had a visit to the local supermarket, wish people would wear masks correctly....covering nose and mouth.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 16

👍Thank you for The Daily,  Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists. 🚗I've been off the boards for a few weeks due to a road trip..... and today we are in the Land of Lincoln!!🇺🇲

🙏Prayers to all in need and also to the people of Ukraine. 

Katie

20220530_232006.jpg

Edited by garlictown
  • Like 12

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday from Barcelona!  It’s 10:45 am here and I just wanted to check in and say hi. Everything has gone fairly well with a few minor glitches. I will say that I hope to never go through London Heathrow transferring flights. 

Have a great day and I’ll try to post later. 

Sharon

• Like 16

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Question for Canadian Dailyites.  I know Victoria Day was last week but have a feeling it is not the same as our Memorial Day.  When do you honour your war dead.  I think in the UK it's in November with poppies always sold on QM2.   Same for you?

Roy

As far as I know, Canada is the only commonwealth country that celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday (any excuse for a holiday 🙂)

The 24th of May

Is the Queen's birthday

If we don't get a holiday

We'll all run away

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

This wheelchair will have a new home this afternoon with someone who needs it very badly.  The best part is that I don’t have to send it and we will meet and make the switch in about three hours.

Terri

Wonderful news.

Thank you

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday from Barcelona!  It’s 10:45 am here and I just wanted to check in and say hi. Everything has gone fairly well with a few minor glitches. I will say that I hope to never go through London Heathrow transferring flights. 

Have a great day and I’ll try to post later. 

Sharon

Hi Sharon, 

Glad you got to Barcelona safely.  I’m with you regarding Heathrow.  I avoid it like the plague. It is one of the most confusing airports I have ever been to.  The people at the security are the rudest I have ever encountered.  I used to think Miami was bad.  That’s a piece of cake after Heathrow.

Glad you’re okay.  Enjoy Barcelona and your cruise.

Terri

• Like 5