Paris and Normandy on Viking

Tas353

Only two considerations, weather and cost. I reckon weather could be warmer in April but nothing is guaranteed. Some Octobers are pleasant. Difference also between beginning and end of month.

You will be in northern Europe.

Avoid Easter (7-10 April 2023 )when  sites may be closed

We took the Paris / Normandy in early/mid April. It was nothing like the song “April in Paris”….Nothing was in bloom, trees were bare, skies gray,  temps from 40-60’s,  and while at Normandy memorial, we walked in icy sleet. Weather is different year to year, ify at anytime, but Spring is especially so, and That was our last April trip.

I am not sure when the Monet gardens at Giverney open, April or May - but they are worth taking a date that will include them. 

2 hours ago, milling73 said:

We took the Paris / Normandy in early/mid April. It was nothing like the song “April in Paris”….Nothing was in bloom, trees were bare, skies gray,  temps from 40-60’s,  and while at Normandy memorial, we walked in icy sleet. Weather is different year to year, ify at anytime, but Spring is especially so, and That was our last April trip.

I am not sure when the Monet gardens at Giverney open, April or May - but they are worth taking a date that will include them. 

The song was never accurate!  But the lyricist needed 'April' to fit the meter.  Charles Aznavour was much more accurate with his song 'J'aime Paris au mois de mai.'

On 6/1/2022 at 7:46 AM, milling73 said:

I am not sure when the Monet gardens at Giverney open, April or May - but they are worth taking a date that will include them

April 1 this year . . . 

We usually travel Mid May. Have sailed that area during that time and Europe in general several times. Sometimes rain. Many times beautiful flowers and Spring in most places. Fewer crowds. 
October - fewer crowds but our experience then was Southern Mediterranean - Greece, Turkey, etc. 
We are once again looking at May for our travel - it has worked well for us. 

• Thanks 1

We did this cruise the end of October thru first of November and it was perfect touring weather. Trees were lovely, got to Giverny the final weekend it was open. We were lucky I’m sure but it was beautiful the entire week. We were at the Normandy beaches and cemetery on All Saints Day (11/1) and were touched by the numbers of French citizens that came to pay their respects. There were lots of families walking on the beach that afternoon. A glorious fall day. 

On 6/1/2022 at 7:46 AM, milling73 said:

We were on the second sailing of the season, end of March, 2019, and Giverney was open but not in full bloom (no waterlilies, just early blooming plants). On the other hand, it was not over-crowded. We also lucked out and had a dry cruise.