Laundry service on Viking river ships -

2017newcruiser

Good day everyone - considering trying to pack a lot lighter this time and since we have a pre-extension booked, thought this would be a good time to try the laundry service on Viking.  Can anyone tell me what the turn around time for this service is?

Thanks -

4 hours ago, 2017newcruiser said:

Oh that's great - thanks for responding.  I think I'll be utilizing this for sure then.

It's from 2018, but I've attached a price list to give you a general idea of the costs.  We did 2 mens shirts and my wife did a couple of blouses for a reasonable cost.

viking laundry price list.pdf

We head out on a southern France river cruise in a month or so.  Have never used the laundry service as most of my clothing needs to be washed on cold and hung to dry.  Previously have washed items in the sink, but this is difficult with larger clothing.  How does the laundry service work, and is it possible to have some special attention to delicate items?  Thanks for sharing your experiences.

3 hours ago, Inthebubble said:

We head out on a southern France river cruise in a month or so.  Have never used the laundry service as most of my clothing needs to be washed on cold and hung to dry.  Previously have washed items in the sink, but this is difficult with larger clothing.  How does the laundry service work, and is it possible to have some special attention to delicate items?  Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I know nothing about Viking's laundry, but personally, I would NEVER trust anything that required special attention to a laundry. I either wash it myself, or bring items that are more forgiving of heat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

Go up a few posts---I shared a pricelist from 2018 that will give you a rough idea.

Thank you.  The list pdf now states unavailable. 

Edited by Buckeye 6

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to hang a longer clothes line in the cabin?  We have strong magnetic hooks, but I hear that the cabin walls are not metal.  We will be coming off another cruise plus 3 days in Prague, so it's likely that most of our clothing will need to be washed.  I also would not trust my clothes to the ship's laundry service. I suppose that there isn't a passenger laundromat onboard? 

50 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Is there a way to hang a longer clothes line in the cabin?  We have strong magnetic hooks, but I hear that the cabin walls are not metal.  We will be coming off another cruise plus 3 days in Prague, so it's likely that most of our clothing will need to be washed.  I also would not trust my clothes to the ship's laundry service. I suppose that there isn't a passenger laundromat onboard? 

I suggest finding a laundromat in Prague. Viking ocean ships have free laundromats - not the river ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

There is a built-in clothesline in the shower.  We washed a couple of quick dry items and they dried within a day.  It all depends how much laundry you want done.  We each had a couple of shirts/tops washed and it was ~20 euros for 4 items.  Like buying from a convenience store--you pay a little more more for the 'convenience'.   An entire load of laundry would not be feasible, of course.  Caveat---we sailed in 2019, prices probably have increased.

Edited by sharkster77

We sailed in November 2022 in a Veranda Suite (AA).  We sent out a bag of laundry every day until the last few days. We specified "cold wash, low dry". It always came back the following day, in excellent condition.  Those items that needed to be hand washed, we hung in the shower. 

Part of the reason that we booked the Veranda Suite was for the double balcony and part was for the included laundry.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.  Your comments helped us to make a good decision.