RoyalUp with a TA?

Sorry, I’m sure this info is in an existing RoyalUp thread but I’m onboard Harmony right now & the wifi is awful.

Could I get a quick explanation of how RoyalUp works when you’ve book through a TA?

I bid myself, let’s say I win, then what? Does the TA play any role after that?

You make the RU bid - the TA does not participate in that on your behalf.  Their role beyond that doesn't change with or without a successful bid.  To clarify what @Tlbecker1said, some big box TA's don't participate in the RU, so if you booked through one that doesn't, you will not be offered a RU bid from RCCL (through their 3rd party bid service) and won't be able to place a bid.  

Enjoy Harmony!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It recently changed to allow the TA to bid on behalf of the client. From an email I received from RCI:

• You, as their travel advisor, will also have the ability to handle the bidding on your clients' behalf. You'll be notified of the opportunity at the same time.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

We always use a TA (friends) and I bid myself on our upcoming EN Bermuda cruise.  I don't even know if she knows we bid because we haven't talked about it.

👍 This is the 1st time I’ve used a TA in forever. Friend of my wife’s friend from same agency but this woman allegedly knows RC better so the friend passed us along to her.

We got a good deal I couldn’t get on my own which is the important part but otherwise I’d be better off on my own if you catch my drift.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Baseball fan said:

My TA received notice that I qualified to bid, and she forwarded me the email.  But she had nothing to do with the bid, if I chose to do so.

That makes sense. When I got my RoyalUp e-mail for the 2nd leg of my B2B I only then noticed she was CC'd on it. She also said RC should notify her (as well as me of course) if I win a bid but to let her know as well.

My understanding is that if you are booked through a TA, i.e. they own the booking, even if you are the one that bids physically on the royal upland win, they get the credit for the increased base cruise fare.  In other words they get their ~15% commission on the additional royal up fare.

22 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That makes sense. When I got my RoyalUp e-mail for the 2nd leg of my B2B I only then noticed she was CC'd on it. She also said RC should notify her (as well as me of course) if I win a bid but to let her know as well.

I had not noticed that so out of curiosity went and checked mine and, yes, the TA is cc'd on it.

10 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

My understanding is that if you are booked through a TA, i.e. they own the booking, even if you are the one that bids physically on the royal upland win, they get the credit for the increased base cruise fare.  In other words they get their ~15% commission on the additional royal up fare.

Fine by me. Unfortunately for my TA, most of my bids are for low double digits pp so she's not gonna get much, lol.

• Like 1

Since I'm the OP, going to change the topic slightly (sue me)...

I booked a cruise with a TA under some sort of TA Friends & Family sale. It was a good deal at the time. Using the current sale, flash sale, FL resident discount, and a promo code, I can get it for a little bit less doing a mock booking.

While I'm waiting for my TA to get back to me, anyone know if she should be able to get me the price drop difference? Only asking b/c I don't know if there are special rules with whatever sale she used to get me the original price and I haven't used a TA in forever. It's after final payment so I believe I'd get OBC but that's fine. It's not a big amount but it would almost pay for dinner at Giovanni's and every dollar counts.