Confusing pictures….

chemmo

I find it rather confusing that when you go to room details on the PH on the Edge class ships there is a picture of the Millennium living area and when you go to the RS on Edge class it shows you the Solstice RS balcony. Why? I am sure there are probably other anomalies, I just happened to spot these.

When the Edge class first came out I could understand they didn’t have stock pictures but they have had plenty of time now to show the ‘real’ room you are considering booking rather than pictures that are of a different class of ship with a totally different layout.

As the pictures I have referred to clearly state they are Millennium and Solstice then I don’t suppose it is misrepresenting  but it must add to the confusion of an unseasoned Celebrity suite cruiser. If I didn’t know the ships well I could infer that the Solstice RS balcony they are showing is ‘similar’ as what I should expect on Edge class (especially as there is no Edge class RS balcony picture)…

Looking at their photos of a particular stateroom class is a total crapshoot at this time.  They mix and match between various ships at will.  I hope the average viewer doesn't believe that when working with a particular ship within their web pages, that the stateroom photos are representative of the ship they have selected, because more often than not, they aren't.  It's just bad web page management.

Their website is a disgrace.  I recently checked a booking I made last Nov to see how the price compared with the semi annual sale.  Imagine my shock when I saw my booked cabin available for booking!  It's the second leg of a B2B, so good luck to the person who tries to occupy because we will already be in the cabin!  Good work Celebrity.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Their website is a disgrace.  I recently checked a booking I made last Nov to see how the price compared with the semi annual sale.  Imagine my shock when I saw my booked cabin available for booking!  It's the second leg of a B2B, so good luck to the person who tries to occupy because we will already be in the cabin!  Good work Celebrity.

Have you confirmed on your account that you still have that stateroom on your reservation?

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you confirmed on your account that you still have that stateroom on your reservation?

+1 to THAT suggestion.  I wouldn't depend upon the cabin number on my invoice being correct given all of the cancellations and shuffling that has gone on over the last months.  Would definitely go into the planner online to see what cabin numbers appear for both legs.  It would be unusual, even for X's IT department, to showing a cabin in available inventory when it is not, which would allow a double booking to occur -- something we just don't hear happening.

I noticed in the online booking process for a cruise I was interested in, the overall stateroom category description for Oceanviews had a picture of an oceanview cabin with the doubled bed horizontal up  against a large circular (oversized porthole) window. Nice!  Rather like the Panoramic Oceanview Cabins RCCL has  reconfigured on older ships like Explored or is it Voyageur.  But, moving forward after selecting Oceanview, you are presented with the usual options/pictures NONE of which is pictured like  the one on overall Oceanview Category sales representation. You've got to watch these cruise lines. Let the buyer beware.

Maybe Celebrity has also reconfigured bows of some of their ships too? If so, which.  I'd consider as a Solo.  I've taken at least 15 cruises and always used a balcony.  Wouldn't mind  booking an Oceanview if large window is beside the bed instead of at the head of the bed behind you.  I also like the looks of the Infinate Veranda

On 6/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, chemmo said:

I find it rather confusing that when you go to room details on the PH on the Edge class ships there is a picture of the Millennium living area and when you go to the RS on Edge class it shows you the Solstice RS balcony. Why? I am sure there are probably other anomalies, I just happened to spot these.

When the Edge class first came out I could understand they didn’t have stock pictures but they have had plenty of time now to show the ‘real’ room you are considering booking rather than pictures that are of a different class of ship with a totally different layout.

As the pictures I have referred to clearly state they are Millennium and Solstice then I don’t suppose it is misrepresenting  but it must add to the confusion of an unseasoned Celebrity suite cruiser. If I didn’t know the ships well I could infer that the Solstice RS balcony they are showing is ‘similar’ as what I should expect on Edge class (especially as there is no Edge class RS balcony picture)…

We've sailed in the family cabins dating back to Century on 1996 when they first debuted and have been on them aboard M and S classes.  They are oddball enough that the photos, sizing, and floor plans were often incorrect.   Even today when you look at our Constellation FV reservation online, the stock photo shows an outside cabin. 

E6178033-796C-4678-8C23-B6F4EC80D9A4.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We've sailed in the family cabins dating back to Century on 1996 when they first debuted and have been on them aboard M and S classes.  They are oddball enough that the photos, sizing, and floor plans were often incorrect.   Even today when you look at our Constellation FV reservation online, the stock photo shows an outside cabin. 

E6178033-796C-4678-8C23-B6F4EC80D9A4.jpeg

Much as I find it simply bizarre it does concern me that it could really mislead new cruisers. 

5 hours ago, travelwide said:

Good question as to which ships have been reconfigured. I was told the Summit. Don't know which others.

Definitely adds to the confusion…Summit and Millie done, Silhouette done, Equinox part done…Click on Constellation ship information, click on Retreat and see some lovely pictures of the Retreat Deck on Edge…Yes, it is labelled as Edge class but why show it when as a browser you have clicked on ship information Constellation? 

Definitely an area for Celebrity to improve.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:55 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Yes, I did, because I booked the same cabin for the B2B and it was correct on my account.

Whoop-di-do, it has been corrected!  I took a screen shot when it was showing available just in case I needed proof.  I wonder if Celebrity reads all these boards?

Darn, I was hoping Celebrity would come forward with a big gift for us and the new guys booked in the same cabin.🤣🤣.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.  This board is the greatest.

I was just on the phone with customer service yesterday because on the website it shows my room number next to and oceanview room when that room number is a veranda room. I called to make sure they had not switched something on me. At the end of April they made a new Solstice promotional video that makes it look like the Veranda rooms and up had been giving soft goods upgrades and people are saying all the rooms are still red. Some say confusing...some misleading.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:24 AM, chemmo said:

Here are a few Royal Suite pics on Edge.

Royal Edge 01.JPG

Royal Edge 02.JPG

Royal Edge 03.JPG

Royal Edge 04.jpg

Edited by Sam.Seattle
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, travelwide said:

Good question as to which ships have been reconfigured. I was told the Summit. Don't know which others.

They are also on Infinity, Millenium, and Constellation. They are on the third floor heading back to the Tuscan Grille. At one time the area was part of the conference rooms but converted to cabins. We like the large window which provides lots of light.

It shows how much Celebrity doesn't care.  How hard would it be to update stock pictures?  I'm sure pictures are plentiful.  The Reflection has not been revolutionized  and suites are called the Retreat.  This one may be hard to program but there can be a disclaimer somewhere.  

RC does the same thing.  I was looking at a sample menu for a restaurant that is not on the ship.  

7 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Here are a few Royal Suite pics on Edge.

Royal Edge 01.JPG

Royal Edge 02.JPG

Royal Edge 03.JPG

Royal Edge 04.jpg

Thanks! It was looking for a balcony picture to explain to a family member why we were disappointed with the RS on E class compared to the RS on S that alerted me to the picture anomalies. If you can show such a clear representation of the suite why can’t Celebrity!?!

Edited by chemmo

35 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Thanks for these photos! The balcony is a bit disappointing.

Agree….Fine for two guests who want to sit out with an occasional drink, not for guests who want to dine outside and enjoy the sun. The balcony for us is an important part of our vacation experience…

We have friends who have cruised in the RS on Edge and loved it. They were happy when they wanted to see the sun to walk the few steps to the sun deck, also they rarely dine in suite. Then we have other friends who loved Edge but would not book a RS again because they had found the balcony too small and hated the overhang that prevented them seeing the sky at night as well as the sun during the day…

It is because of different priorities that pictures are so important!

9 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

try looking at deckplans.com and they have you tube videos of some rooms and a good idea of the layout.  Better than each cruise lines own deck plan.

We have used this ourselves and YouTube. I think regular cruisers are more alert…However, many guests do depend on the Cruise lines own publications…Surely they deserve a better product…

3 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

How hard would it be to update stock pictures?  I'm sure pictures are plentiful.  

Exactly!

Misleading photos/information all over the net, before relying on any one source you definitely need to research further.

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me why the ship that ***** use as their stock image of the Reflection is actually not the Reflection!

I'd love to know where this image came from originally, plus others I found which are also incorrect yet have 'Reflection' painted on the side. Screenshot_20220606-092019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e3af43806b8dee711d210ea27d8d163b.jpg