Statement of Charges after cruise

OKCruiseMan

On 7/13/2022 at 5:45 PM, travellingnana said:

We had them print out a copy of our folio the night before we disembarked in May. Never received an email copy, nor have we ever received the refundable credit due us. And no response to the two emails sent to customer relations. 

I took screenshots the evening before disembarkation & received an emailed folio the day after the cruise. The onboard folio amount was correct but the emailed copy was reduced by 25%. Three months after emailing their Director of Customer Relations finally received a call this week. They still claimed we received the correct refund which documents clearly show it was reduced by 25%. They agreed to send a check for the missing amount as a sign of goodwill…they still will not admit their mistake & waiting for a check which took 8 weeks to receive 75% of our refundable credit.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I took screenshots the evening before disembarkation & received an emailed folio the day after the cruise. The onboard folio amount was correct but the emailed copy was reduced by 25%. Three months after emailing their Director of Customer Relations finally received a call this week. They still claimed we received the correct refund which documents clearly show it was reduced by 25%. They agreed to send a check for the missing amount as a sign of goodwill…they still will not admit their mistake & waiting for a check which took 8 weeks to receive 75% of our refundable credit.

Ugh. Thanks for the update. 

I read too many stories like yours and I’m always led to wonder from what other company would I put up with that kind of treatment.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 9:23 AM, Jersey42 said:

I did not receive an email for my February cruise.  I have not (yet) received anything for last week's cruise. 

I just got a pdf via email from the my cruise that ended July 9.  I did not request it.

43 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Keep in mind that the mailed copy looks a bit different then the printed out copy.  All of the totals are different because the final payment is inserted as a line item so all of the subtotals appear different, even if all of the line items add up to the exact same amount.  Took me a little bit to match everyone up due to the accounting entries needed to include final payment and the journal entries of my wife's account into mine since it was all on my card.  

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

Keep in mind that the mailed copy looks a bit different then the printed out copy.  All of the totals are different because the final payment is inserted as a line item so all of the subtotals appear different, even if all of the line items add up to the exact same amount.  Took me a little bit to match everyone up due to the accounting entries needed to include final payment and the journal entries of my wife's account into mine since it was all on my card.  

My accountant wife & I compared & double checked item to item…they reduced the amount of my refundable credit by 25%.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Cruise statement

I just received my final statement two days after the end of my baltic cruise

i was assured by the front desk it would be sent by email the day you disembarked

I might suggest you get the front desk to print off a copy on the night before you get off.

On 7/16/2022 at 2:06 PM, ldtr said:

Was it working?  It was physically there during our cruise in April, but not functional.

There was a day or two there was an “out of order” sign but I printed off our folio 4 times during the cruise, including the last night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Loveh2ofl said:

Sorry you were ill.  We got back 5/26 - still no response yet even after emails to the executives....credit card paid a long time ago, but not a good process.

After numerous calls to Princess, and then emails to executives (and then again when emails were updated), I received a follow-phone call from Princess Customer Relations last night and then received a copy of my folio from the cruise ending on 5/26 this morning.  Probably the emails to Carla Ramos and customerrelations@princesscruises.com worked but even that took over a month!  Shouldn't have to be so hard.

Contacts for executives:  https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/princess-cruise-lines/

It has been seven weeks since we disembarked.  We received the statement the next day showing our refundable credit amount as "Referred to Corporate Finance".  We are still waiting for the check.

41 minutes ago, railman said:

It has been seven weeks since we disembarked.  We received the statement the next day showing our refundable credit amount as "Referred to Corporate Finance".  We are still waiting for the check.

Don't worry. As soon as 10 more people book a cruise they'll cut your check!

On 6/12/2022 at 6:18 AM, OKCruiseMan said:

Well I did get an email with a statement of my charges but for some reason only my wife's account should the consolidation of both of our charges even though I booked the cruise initially? Still don't have her statement. It appears they zerod out mine to hers.

Got to be an easier way!

This is precisely what has happened to me. I booked the cruise, booked everything else. My wife received the account readout (which was hugely wrong...but in our favor...which I planned to address when everything sorted out.). Then a week later I received a readout and they had zeroed mine out in a folio-to-folio transfer! Fortunately, I have screenshots of our account from the last day. It has been 4 weeks since we disembarked, so another 2 to 4 weeks before any check is sent. I guess that's when I'll find out if it's still screwed up. I would prefer not to go through the hassle of dealing with corporate finance. We should receive a $28 check...they had us credited with over $800!

I should have known something was fishy when she received an invite to the captain's circle gathering at the beginning our of 3rd week on the ship...welcoming her on board for her first Princess cruise!

I'll update when I hear something...good luck!

On 6/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, t&atravel said:

Are you sure?  It’s been that way every time for us for a very long time.  Going forward check it out.  I can tell who’s #1 on the personalizer on the “check in” page.  On a phone #1 name will appear first, on a tablet or PC the #1 name will be on the left. 

if you happen to still have the print out of your travel summary look and see who was listed first as passenger #1.  Was it your wife?

I am (and always was) passenger #1 on all listings...still could only see my charges, not hers. It's apparent they made some change. And the way they were pushing out changes to the app prior to our embarking, I am not a bit surprised. And my wife only logged on to the website once and *never* logged in to the app!

On 6/12/2022 at 8:59 AM, t&atravel said:

The person who is listed as passenger #1 when the cruise is booked will always be the one who can see all the charges for both in the stateroom.  It has nothing to so with whose name is on the credit card applied. 

Ah, not always. I did all the booking for everything...was listed as passenger #1 on all docs.. Couldn't see all the charges. I wasn't aware of any charges on her account until I went to the Suite Experience Concierge to inquire about another issue. 

When I went to my account in the app, it had her as the owner and me as an authorized user! And I was the one who entered all the information. (An app feature I wasn't aware of...lol...) She has never even used the app. After seeing some of the weirdness I encountered, she vowed to stay away from it 😐   

6 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Ah, not always. I did all the booking for everything...was listed as passenger #1 on all docs.. Couldn't see all the charges. I wasn't aware of any charges on her account until I went to the Suite Experience Concierge to inquire about another issue. 

When I went to my account in the app, it had her as the owner and me as an authorized user! And I was the one who entered all the information. (An app feature I wasn't aware of...lol...) She has never even used the app. After seeing some of the weirdness I encountered, she vowed to stay away from it 😐   

It doesn’t matter who booked it. Sometimes I show up as #1 other times it’s DH.  But, most importantly, log into both accounts and check them while OB, so you can correct them with GS.

I also check the night before disembarking to make sure.  It’s so hard to correct it afterwards.  

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It doesn’t matter who booked it. Sometimes I show up as #1 other times it’s DH.  But, most importantly, log into both accounts and check them while OB, so you can correct them with GS.

I also check the night before disembarking to make sure.  It’s so hard to correct it afterwards.  

We just got back from our fourth cruise since the restart which is also our fourth cruise since we have been required to use the Medallion app for check in.  For each of these cruises we have used my credit card.  For cruise #1 both of our folios were visible to me.  For cruise #2 I could only see my charges but my husband could see both.  We didn't think anything of it.  For cruise #3 the same thing happened but I went to passenger services and they just asked me to confirm that I was the cardholder and within seconds they corrected it so that I could then see both folios.  And the exact same thing happened on cruise #4.

My suspicion is that something happens in the app when credit card and other information is carried forward to another cruise.  I've thought of deleting my credit card in the app and then reentering it but the app has been working great for me and I don't want to chance messing anything up.  So I will just continue to look at the folio on the app and if only my folio appears, I will simply go to the PSD to have them fix it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I did do all that. I always have printouts and screenshots before leaving. I wouldn't even think of *not* doing it. And as I mentioned, DW never even used the app. At no time did she ever enter any information, let alone the credit card info.

Yet she was the owner and I was the authorized user. (Not that it really mattered...but I can be a tad OC...lol...)

41 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We just got back from our fourth cruise since the restart which is also our fourth cruise since we have been required to use the Medallion app for check in.  For each of these cruises we have used my credit card.  For cruise #1 both of our folios were visible to me.  For cruise #2 I could only see my charges but my husband could see both.  We didn't think anything of it.  For cruise #3 the same thing happened but I went to passenger services and they just asked me to confirm that I was the cardholder and within seconds they corrected it so that I could then see both folios.  And the exact same thing happened on cruise #4.

My suspicion is that something happens in the app when credit card and other information is carried forward to another cruise.  I've thought of deleting my credit card in the app and then reentering it but the app has been working great for me and I don't want to chance messing anything up.  So I will just continue to look at the folio on the app and if only my folio appears, I will simply go to the PSD to have them fix it.

"My suspicion is that something happens in the app when credit card and other information is carried forward to another cruise."

Aha! That is a definite possibility for me! This information was pushed forward from a previous cruise. I'll keep this in mind when I book the next cruise.

I'm with you about mucking around in the app. When I first started using it, it was pretty awful. Entering our passport information was ridiculous. The camera function wouldn't work and there was no widget for entering dates. ( I note that the date widget was present in other parts of the app, but I digress...) One had to click back, month by month, until one reached the year of one's birthday. At 72, that's a lot of clicks. Very...very...painful. (Just have a look at the google reviews...) Android phone btw. 

The app has improved over the last, say, 4 months or so. I don't know if the camera/dates passport section has been fixed...I sure hope so as that is not a good way to impress new cruisers!

Oh, wanted to add that the app did work great on the cruises. Was able to order items anywhere on the ship, etc. 

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I did do all that. I always have printouts and screenshots before leaving. I wouldn't even think of *not* doing it. And as I mentioned, DW never even used the app. At no time did she ever enter any information, let alone the credit card info.

Yet she was the owner and I was the authorized user. (Not that it really mattered...but I can be a tad OC...lol...)

Same thing here.  I just checked both anyway.  
Just watch the charges on the accounts.  

Take care.

My wife and I were on a 3-way back to back in March 2022 with all of our charges and credit rolling over from one cruise to another, as they always have been in the past. On the last day of the last cruise segment we printed out our account statement. It clearly showed the amount of the refundable credit owed us was $222.71. By mid June we had not received our refund check so I first went to Live-Chat to see if I could resolve the issue. That was absolutely a worthless exercise so I called Princess and after the usual long wait to get connected and the lengthy conversation explaining the situation I had invested an hour of time. Finally they recommended I be transferred to the Account Dept. to get it resolved. That was worthy of another 2 hours waiting and explaining once again. I was told a check in the amount $163.93 would be mailed in the next few days. I questioned that amount and was told that not all of the $222.71 was refundable, yet my vet OBC was $300 and in the past any charges have always been first taken out of the non-refundable funds first. So, clearly the entire $222.71 should have been refunded. Follow my logic? About a week later, sure enough we received the check for $163.93. Ironically like so many others have been reporting my check was about 25% less than what was owed to me. Wondering if this is some sort of a scam I wrote a very detailed and pleasant letter to John Padgett, including all the appropriate attachments and sent it by snail mail. Now, one month later with absolutely no response I decided to try another tactic and email Jan Swartz and also attached all the documentation. I know Jan may not have responsibility for such things, but I am now desperate and Jan seems to come with very high recommendations. I find it hard to believe that this might be a case of some sort of embezzlement, but I do find it puzzling why so many people are being subjected to this 25% reduction in payment. If I ever get this resolve I will update you folks at CC.

Thanks for listening.  

32 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

My wife and I were on a 3-way back to back in March 2022 with all of our charges and credit rolling over from one cruise to another, as they always have been in the past. On the last day of the last cruise segment we printed out our account statement. It clearly showed the amount of the refundable credit owed us was $222.71. By mid June we had not received our refund check so I first went to Live-Chat to see if I could resolve the issue. That was absolutely a worthless exercise so I called Princess and after the usual long wait to get connected and the lengthy conversation explaining the situation I had invested an hour of time. Finally they recommended I be transferred to the Account Dept. to get it resolved. That was worthy of another 2 hours waiting and explaining once again. I was told a check in the amount $163.93 would be mailed in the next few days. I questioned that amount and was told that not all of the $222.71 was refundable, yet my vet OBC was $300 and in the past any charges have always been first taken out of the non-refundable funds first. So, clearly the entire $222.71 should have been refunded. Follow my logic? About a week later, sure enough we received the check for $163.93. Ironically like so many others have been reporting my check was about 25% less than what was owed to me. Wondering if this is some sort of a scam I wrote a very detailed and pleasant letter to John Padgett, including all the appropriate attachments and sent it by snail mail. Now, one month later with absolutely no response I decided to try another tactic and email Jan Swartz and also attached all the documentation. I know Jan may not have responsibility for such things, but I am now desperate and Jan seems to come with very high recommendations. I find it hard to believe that this might be a case of some sort of embezzlement, but I do find it puzzling why so many people are being subjected to this 25% reduction in payment. If I ever get this resolve I will update you folks at CC.

Thanks for listening.  

Yes, please let us know.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:18 AM, railman said:

Exactly has happened to us. We disembarked 9 weeks ago and still no cheque (check as you spell it).

• 2 weeks later...

I had a negative balance (meaning a refund) on a cruise that ended on July 8th.  I haven't received my final folio statement despite repeated requests.  I was also told that I have to request a refund and then the check would be mailed in 4 to 6 weeks.  When I asked about that on a call with Customer Service last night (making my latest request for the folio statement), I was told I have to request a specific dollar amount for the refund for them to be able to enter it into the system. That's a little hard to do when I don't have the statement, but I gave a guess because I didn't want to delay it any further.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:45 PM, travellingnana said:

We had them print out a copy of our folio the night before we disembarked in May. Never received an email copy, nor have we ever received the refundable credit due us. And no response to the two emails sent to customer relations. 

Was your refund greater than $25? if not, it won't be refunded.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, ldtr said:

They seem to have removed those machines.  There was one on the Grand a few months ago, but it was not functional.  None on the Ruby last week.  Do not recall if there was any on the Majestic earlier this year.

The Majestic does still have theirs; it was operable in March