Recommendation for drinks to try!

Thank you all for your help.

So we are doing Haven this year and have the drink package of course. I like alcohol but I am not a big drinker, i certainly drink more on cruises than i do on the rest of the year combined. I generally stick to the drinks i know.. beers, whiskey sour, tropical sweet drinks, brandy alexanders, etc.

Anyone have a favorite drink that they would recommend to try, even if it wouldnt be something i would normally order in a bar? Also, do you know if they have Blanton's Bourbon?

Edited by Taishartrueblood

Go to the Mojito bar.  Work your way through everything on the menu...yes, including the jalapeno mojito.  😄

I like trying different Ports after dinner.  I enjoy Port but rarely drink it at home because it's pretty much all empty sugar calories and I try to limit those.  But on vacation, empty sugar calories don't count, right?  😁

I'm not a big mixed drink fan.  A splash of water in my bourbon is a mixed drink to me.  But I do like getting an Old Fashioned at Cagney's or a Rusty Nail after dinner.  I get the DOTD pretty much everyday mid-afternoon.  My wife absolutely loves NCL's Mango Meltdown.

Chocolate espresso martini

Mudslide

painkiller

Miami Vice

old fashioned

Duck Fart

try the Macallan Whisky Tasting

Bahama Mama

Spicy Passion Mojito 

Brugal Ginger Mojito 

Raspberry Guava Mojito

Amaretto Sour

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

Go to the Mojito bar.  Work your way through everything on the menu.

Good recommendation, although with a qualifier: if you don't like excessively sweet drinks, ask the bartender to tone down the simple syrup.

No on the Blantons. They had Bulleit, Jim Beam, Woodford Reserve, Bookers, and Whistle Pig Rye.  Stick with Woodford.

My wife loved the Mango Meltdown

Edited by 1kycat
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Thanks all, great community!

I am making a list and going to see how many i can try 🙂 I should have added that I LOVE mojitos! I dont think i have ever had a ginger one but i love ginger... i love mojitos... sounds like a perfect match.

Thanks! 

If you love ginger don't forget about a Moscow Mule.

A Lemon Drop is tasty - either a drink or a shot.

I'd love to see a comprehensive list posted if someone has one.

17 hours ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Thank you all for your help.

So we are doing Haven this year and have the drink package of course. I like alcohol but I am not a big drinker, i certainly drink more on cruises than i do on the rest of the year combined. I generally stick to the drinks i know.. beers, whiskey sour, tropical sweet drinks, brandy alexanders, etc.

Anyone have a favorite drink that they would recommend to try, even if it wouldnt be something i would normally order in a bar? Also, do you know if they have Blanton's Bourbon?

After a warm day on shore, a Miami Vice really hits the spot and for sail away I love a glass of fancy Champagne that I would never have at home.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1kycat said:

No on the Blantons. They had Bulleit, Jim Beam, Woodford Reserve, Bookers, and Whistle Pig Rye.  Stick with Woodford.

My wife loved the Mango Meltdown

<insert Peter Griffin Woah woah woah.gif>  Stick with Woodford over Whistle Pig?  🤣

Whistle Pig is only included in Premium Plus, but it's literally why I buy the package.  IMO, get piggy with it at least once on the rocks.

Edited by chillyw

Mudslide Cocktail (on the rocks not frozen) or White Russian if NCL is still upcharging for Bailey's. Godiva Chocolate Martini. Anything with chocolate 😄

Appletini is nice.

Edited by kylenyc
  • Like 2