Murano

sunfish8

5 minutes ago, sunfish8 said:

Hi do they still offer discounts for dining in the specialty restaurants the first night? Also, does murano still

have chateaubriand for 2?

thank you

Discounts are usually available but sometimes they sell out quickly on the first night.  This is dependent on the cruise.  

Yes, they still do have chateaubriand for 2.  Our favorite main course at Murano.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

In case it matters, I have also been able to order chateaubriand for one. 

Same here as I have gotten that dish for one.  I order dishes that they prepare table side for the "show".  Lobster, chateaubriand, and the crepes balon rouge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Just commenting on Chateaubriand. I had it for one last week. It was NOT prepared tableside so if that’s a part of the appeal, you may be disappointed.  This may be a staffing thing. 

I hope it was outstanding.  I suspect it may be a staffing issue was I recall the piece of meat was carved in front of us and the dishes were prepared table side.  I would still order it even if no longer prepared table side.  Where was  the Murano Lobster prepared?

9 hours ago, keesar said:

Where was  the Murano Lobster prepared?

It will served table side, but ask your waiter about the quality before you order.  The warm water lobster is hit or miss, can be very stringy and almost inedible

From what I remember ( we haven't cruised since Covid ) they cook the Chateaubriand in the kitchen then carve and plate the balance tableside.

The lobster is cooked and plated tableside -- never asked if it was warm water lobster or cold water lobster --- but , it was delicious.

Now, about discounts---- Forget the first night-- it's always booked.

I mentioned a few times on CC that very often you can get a discount at times during the cruise when the restaurant is not fully booked. There is competition between the restaurants and targets to be met.

Also, as soon as you board, go to the restaurant(s )of your choice and try to book for later in the cruise. When the Maitre'd tells you all the prime times are already booked, leave your cabin number and tell him/her to contact you if space comes available. He/She will understand a little smile , meaning ( $$ ) when space comes available. It works every time.

Some on CC expressed their displeasure and call it a " bribe ".

I call it " Thanks for your help ".

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

It will served table side, but ask your waiter about the quality before you order.  The warm water lobster is hit or miss, can be very stringy and almost inedible

On the Equinox last week the menu said cold water and the waiter said it was from Nova Scotia. 

Edited by MBP1

33 minutes ago, MBP1 said:

On the Equinox last week the menu said cold water and the waiter said it was from Nova Scotia. 

That's correct, for an extra $29 you can have a lobster from Nova Scotia.  

The Murano Lobster is Warm Water Tail as menu caption below :-

286630123_Screenshot2022-06-13at14_51_11.thumb.png.ec0e3451ef077bcb545db3efe56878ea.png

Edited by mickey89

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen and ordered from that menu so many times, and I am sorry I’ve never noticed or maybe just didn’t pay enough attention to the differences on the menu.  I’ve always ordered the cooked table side, but next time I will try the Nova Scotia lobster. I’m an Alaskan king crab leg lover, and don’t know enough about lobster. 
thanks for including the copy of the menu. 

• Like 1

I’ve did flambéed lobster many times on Silly and Equinox. Cooked table side and was absolutely fabulous.Murano’s rocks. We ended up with a great table side chef. Came back a second night for same meal. He said I gave you more lobster. What’s not to love.

had us come for for a $20 lunch fillet and lobster tail. I was over the top with lobster… who says that? Was totally incredible.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

We pretty much made Murano our MDR last cruise, excellent food and spectacular service every time.

There was nothing wrong with the 'warm water' lobster tail either.

When you add sweet cream, butter, bacon, garlic and some brandy when cooking, it better taste good. Even a warm water tail.

• Like 1