Travel Pouch

duquephart

56 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Does Viking still send/supply a nice travel pouch with luggage tags?

Did not get them last July or November.  Papers are emailed and you have to print them yourself.  Only thing you get are luggage tags (the red ones and the room number tags) and a sticker to wear at the airport if you did Viking Air.

I'm hoping to get a couple more tags. We have extra baggage allowance this time so are bringing an empty carry-on for any loot when returning. We always have more coming back than going and packing can be an issue.

3 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Did not get them last July or November.  Papers are emailed and you have to print them yourself.  Only thing you get are luggage tags (the red ones and the room number tags) and a sticker to wear at the airport if you did Viking Air.

Hi Lorna.

I think the nice travel pouches disappeared with COVID.  (Cost cutting).  Still get luggage tags.  In fact, we get 2 each for every cruise, and even 4 for Back to Back.  Since we only use one apiece per cruise, we must have about 10 of the luggage tags sitting around 🙂

Still have the old travel pouches though - they are great for carrying certain items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Hi Lorna.

I think the nice travel pouches disappeared with COVID.  (Cost cutting).  Still get luggage tags.  In fact, we get 2 each for every cruise, and even 4 for Back to Back.  Since we only use one apiece per cruise, we must have about 10 of the luggage tags sitting around 🙂

Still have the old travel pouches though - they are great for carrying certain items.

I really miss those travel pouches!!!  They are great to help keep things organized.  I sure don't need anymore luggage tags but we did not get any extras with our 4 segment b2b cruises this winter.  Remember way back when Viking was new and we also got "thank you" gifts after the cruise?

I guess we should just be happy that  Viking has been able to stay in business and continue to provide a great journey!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deec said:

I really miss those travel pouches!!!  They are great to help keep things organized.  I sure don't need anymore luggage tags but we did not get any extras with our 4 segment b2b cruises this winter.  Remember way back when Viking was new and we also got "thank you" gifts after the cruise?

I guess we should just be happy that  Viking has been able to stay in business and continue to provide a great journey!!!

We are acquiring a collection of pouches flying business class.  Delta’s are supplied by Tumi.

9 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

We are acquiring a collection of pouches flying business class.  Delta’s are supplied by Tumi.

I think with Iceland Air Saga Premium (or whatever they call it) you get a set of earplugs.

41 minutes ago, deec said:

Remember way back when Viking was new and we also got "thank you" gifts after the cruise?

They were great.  Power plug adapter, tote bags, packing cubes and something else that I can't remember.  Got to pick out something each time you went on a cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

We leave in 5 days and no tags yet. We got a nice "Man knows little" pouch on one cruise and really like it for passports and such.

From the posts (on the site that can’t be named) cheering the arrival of tags, you may want to get in touch with Viking (or your TA if you booked that way). Most folks seem to be posting that the tags arrived 2-3 weeks precruise.

Most have reported no bags but someone the other day posted a picture that they had gotten a pouch.  

4 minutes ago, jasardeax said:

Pouches were very handy. 
I think we have 2 more somewhere. 
Aquavit glasses, had 8, gave away four. 
Viking blankets. We have given away at least 4 over the years. 

Nevermore. 

7D307945-4FD0-49C2-86C3-527494BE72DA.jpeg

3D75A46F-7815-401E-B11B-246DD1182C18.jpeg

F0594ECB-1FC2-4199-A79E-FDD25D08D172.jpeg

A green one. That makes three versions.

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

Viking says our tags were sent "to your TA" on 5/10. Unfortunately, we've had a half dozen or so and there's no telling who it is today.

It’s whoever you booked the cruise you’re going on. 

22 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

It’s whoever you booked the cruise you’re going on. 

Not that easy. People have retired and/or been retired. Offices have closed, agencies have been sold, etc. Tags were sent to an office that no longer exists. All manner of situations.

5 hours ago, duquephart said:

Not that easy. People have retired and/or been retired. Offices have closed, agencies have been sold, etc. Tags were sent to an office that no longer exists. All manner of situations.

The good thing is that  nothing in the envelope is required to get on the ship.

The bright red luggage tags would be nice to have but are not needed.

The personalized luggage tags can be replaced at the airport or at check-in.

The Viking transfer sticker is nice but you shouldn't have trouble finding the Viking reps without the sticker.

NEXT TIME, tell the TA to mark your booking to have documents sent directly to you -- and don't let your TA tell you that it can't be done.

• Like 1

Considering that Viking is a hospitality industry product of high standard & cost point, I wish they would bring these back. I have the green & brown. The pouches set the beginning tone of what is to come aboard the ship, a tactile pre-cruise gift. I also dearly miss the cruise information book. Receiving the luggage tags & stickers unceremoniously in the paper mail envelope is a let down. It's all in the little details. When HAL discontinued their beautiful blue folders I had the same reaction. Do I need the cloth pouch & booklet? Of course not. Definitely first world minor things in the privilege of being able to sail aboard Viking. 

Edited by Myrtle Ave. Mayhem
  • Like 3

On 6/14/2022 at 8:13 PM, Liz Masterson said:

PRO TIP:

The Viking felt bags sometimes show up on EBay and/or Etsy second hand. 

I’ve bought several and used them to “wrap” Christmas gifts related to our cruise. (Books, magnets, travel toothpaste…)

not inclined to pay for them!

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 3:02 PM, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

Considering that Viking is a hospitality industry product of high standard & cost point, I wish they would bring these back. I have the green & brown. The pouches set the beginning tone of what is to come aboard the ship, a tactile pre-cruise gift. I also dearly miss the cruise information book. Receiving the luggage tags & stickers unceremoniously in the paper mail envelope is a let down. It's all in the little details. When HAL discontinued their beautiful blue folders I had the same reaction. Do I need the cloth pouch & booklet? Of course not. Definitely first world minor things in the privilege of being able to sail aboard Viking. 

On our first trip (China 2013)) we received a nice Viking bag that held tickets, passports, etc. and a strap for over the head.  Still use it. Our felt pouches are grey, brown and green.  Grandkids love the pouches for school pens, etc.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ontario/AZ said:

On our first trip (China 2013)) we received a nice Viking bag that held tickets, passports, etc. and a strap for over the head.  Still use it. Our felt pouches are grey, brown and green.  Grandkids love the pouches for school pens, etc.  

Found another - dark blue!  It was with the extra 24 leather luggage tags.

• Haha 1