East Plus vs Premium drink package

smplybcause

Hi everyone,

So the last time I went on MSC was before the switched the drink packages up. At the time Easy was the free one and Easy Plus covered most things and Premium covered the rest. Since they changed in the fall the packages have tweaked just a bit. So I'm looking for the differences and the biggest one I want to know is not the alcoholic side.

So when I went last summer the free package was the easy package and it didn't include any juices or water not included. I upgraded for better booze - but found out the next day that the juices they had for breakfast was VERY LIMITED. Basically I really like apple juice for breakfast so I'm trying to figured out if the bottles of apple juice (or if they've started just serving glasses) is included in Easy Plus or if I need Premium to get it.

I ask because online premium says fruit juices but it was included with easy plus last time I was on. So I want to know if they changed it to only apple juice for premium.

Thanks!!!!

1 hour ago, CruiseScrooge said:

Have you considered bringing a apple or apple juice flavored instant powder? I'm a pomegranate addict

and get my good enough fix with it.

Didn't even think this would exist! Only thing I've ever seen in powder form is maybe lemonade...and I'm not even so sure it's not just a bunch of sugar lol

7 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, fruit juices are included on Easy Plus, Premium is just some more expensive wines and spirits. I think the apple juice is poured from a carton.

Thanks! MSC was throwing me off with only listing soft drinks for easy plus now yet under premium it says soft drinks, fruit juices, mineral water, and energy drinks. And I couldn't find the chart they used to have. 

Edited by smplybcause

Winter 2021 - Onwards
Drink Package Comparison
The Bahamas 
& Caribbean Cruises

Europe, Emirates, 
Southern Caribbean & World Cruise

Drink Package:

Easy
Select drinks 
Easy Plus 
(Included in All-In offer)
All drinks up to $9
Premium Extra
All drinks 
up to $15
Easy
Select drinks 
Easy Plus
(Included in All-In offer)

All drinks up to €8
Premium Extra
All drinks 
up to €13
BEER BRANDS            
Affligem Blond        
Amstel Light        
Angry Orchard Apple Cider        
Beck's    
Blue Moon        
Bud Light        
Budweiser     
Coors Light         
Corona / Corona Light        
Desperados         
Dos Equis    
Draft Beer   
Franziskaner         
Guinness     
Heineken    
Heineken 0.0 Alcohol-free  
Michelob Ultra        
Miller Lite (bottle)      
Nastro Azzuro    
Newcastle Brown Ale    
Paulaner        
Pilsner Urquell        
Red Stripe        
Samuel Adams        
San Miguel        
Sol        
Stella Artois    
Strongbow Apple Cider        
Yuengling Lager        
WHISKEY BRANDS            
Ballantine's Finest        
Bell's        
Bushmills           
Canadian Club     
Chivas Regal 12Y         
Crown Royal    
Dewar's         
Dewar's Special Reserve 12Y           
Dewar's White Label         
Elijah Craig         
Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey         
Gentleman Jack           
Glenlivet Master Distiller's Reserve         
J&B         
Jack Daniel's Old N° 7        
Jameson Irish    
Jim Beam White Label    
Johnnie Walker Black 12Y         
Johnnie Walker Red     
Maker's Mark         
Mitcher's Rye           
Nikka Days          
Seagram's 7        
Whiskey (well)          
Woodford Reserve        
VODKA BRANDS            
Absolut    
Absolut Elix        
Belvedere        
Chopin        
Finlandia        
Grey Goose        
Houpert & Frère          
Ketel One         
Moskowskaya         
Ocean (organic vodka)           
Smirnoff     
Stolichnaya     
Tito's     
Ultimat           
Vodka (well)  
RUM BRANDS            
Appleton Estate         
Bacardi 8Y         
Bacardi Black     
Bacardi Flavored         
Bacardi Oakheart         
Bacardi Superior White     
Brugal Anejo            
Captain Morgan         
Captain Morgan Spiced         
Gosling's Black Seal         
Havana Club 3Y         
Havana Club 7Y           
Malibu Coconut         
Myer's Original     
Pirat XO Reserve           
Rum (well)    
Santa Teresa 1796         
Zacapa 23Y         
GIN            
Aviation         
Beefeater     
Bombay Saphire     
Bulldog           
Gin (well)      
Gordon's Dry    
Gordon's Premium Pink         
Hendrick's         
Plymouth           
Tanqueray N° Ten         
The Botanist           
TEQUILA             
1800 Reposado        
Cazadores Reposado          
Cuervo Gold        
Cuervo Silver        
Don Julio Reposado          
Don Julio Silver          
Herradura Reposado          
Jose Cuervo Gold        
Jose Cuervo Silver        
Patrón Añejo          
Patrón Silver        
Tequila (well)    
BRANDY, COGNAC & ARMAGNAC / GRAPPA         
Aalborg Akvavit        
Armagnac Janneau XO        
Brandy (well)
Cardinal Mendoza    
Grappa Montanaro White          
Grappa Montanaro Aged         
Hennessy VS        
Kirschwasser         
Martell VS        
Martell VSOP         
Metaxa         
Piore Williams         
Rémy Martin VSOP         
Vecchia Romagna Etichetta Nera    
LIQUORS & BITTERS             
Amaretto Disaronno       
Amaro Averna           
Amaro Ramazzotti            
Amato Montenegro       
Aperol     
Baileys Irish Cream     
Bitter Campari     
Cointreau     
Drambuie     
Fernet Branca     
Godiva Chocolate         
Grand Marnier     
Jägermeister    
Kahlúa    
Limoncello      
Malibu         
Patron XO Cafe     
Porto Sandeman Ruby     
Ricard     
Ruaviejo Licor de Hierbas         
Sambuca     
Sherry Harvey’s Bristol Cream         
Southern Comfort         
Vecchio Amaro del Capo         
Vermouth Martini (white & red)      
APERTIFS             
Campari Soda         
Crodino         
Ouzo         
Pastis 51         
Raki         
Ramazzotti Aperitivo Rosato        
Sanbitter         
COCKTAILS             
Alcohol-Free Cocktails          
Classic Cocktails          
Contemporary Classics     
Featured Cocktails           
Fresh Fruit Cocktails    
Frozen Drinks            
Mixed Drinks with Well Spirits   
Premium Cocktails & Mixed Drinks         
Protein Shakes     
Signature Cocktails           
Spritz Cocktails         
Tropical Treasures         
CHAMPAGNE & WINES             
House-Brand Wines        
Wine by the glass up to $9             
Wine by the glass up to $15             
Wine by the glass up to €8             
Wine by the glass up to €10             
SOFT DRINKS & OTHER            
Bottled Mineral Water     
Energy Drinks         
Fountain Soda / Soda by the glass          
Fresh Orange Juice         
Fruit Juices by the glass    
Iced Tea (cans)        
Soda (cans)        
PREMIUM COFFEES             
Caffè Latte     
Cappuccino     
Espresso     
Hot Chocolate     
Hot Tea     
Specialty Coffees            
Spirit Coffees         

FAQ

Edited by phissy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, StevenUS said:

Spirit Coffees? I guess coffee with liquor? Also where can I get the specialty coffees onboard (Seashore?) Just the buffet and maybe MDR? Or would bars be able to make lattes and such?

Haven't been on Seashore but pretty much all of the bars do coffee. What you call liquor we call spirits so yes coffee with alcohol (they do them very well!).

Aurea Experience

• Discounted drink package option available at the time of booking
  • Main restaurants serving gourmet meals accommodating a variety of dietary needs
  • Flexible dining time with My Choice dining in a dedicated restaurant or area
  • Extensive buffet with a wide array of cuisine
  • 20% discount on a prepaid dedicated specialty restaurant package

16 hours ago, StevenUS said:

Spirit Coffees? I guess coffee with liquor? Also where can I get the specialty coffees onboard (Seashore?) Just the buffet and maybe MDR? Or would bars be able to make lattes and such?

On MSC ships pretty much every bar serves regular espresso coffee drinks (simple espresso, machiato, cappuccino, latte, etc.) There will be a dedicated bar, usually on one of the atrium decks corner that will serve some more "exotic" coffee drinks, similar to the ones served by the 3rd party vendor aboard. As per what I have seen on other posts, on the Seashore, that place is called Brooklyn Cafe.

Hmmmmm

Just saw this on mscbook.com page:

Aurea does give the Easy drink Package.

B2B_TA_Aurea

Proposition:

Designed to offer reinvigorating, all-inclusive comfort

Available with the following accommodation types: Suite and Balcony cabins

Target:

✓ people oriented towards the current wellbeing trend
✓ customers seeking relaxation, pampering and peace of mind

Insight:

AUREA fares offer your customers an all-inclusive cruise in premium accommodation, with a healthy dose of pampering. As well as privileged access to the onboard spa, they will enjoy a series of relaxing benefits for body and soul.

What’s included:
✓ All Fantastica Experience benefits plus a variety extra privileges
✓ Easy drink Package*
✓ Free access to the exclusive sun deck to enjoy the sun in complete tranquility**
✓ Wellbeing package including: one massage of your choice from the spa menu (up to 60 minutes***), tanning booth, spa welcome cocktail, private MediSpa doctor consultation, access to Thermal Area throughout cruise****
✓ MSC gift
✓ Relaxation amenities in each cabin (including bathrobe and slippers)
✓ Priority boarding (only on embarkation day)
✓ Free choice of dining time with My Choice dining style
✓ MSC for Me Wristband
✓ One complimentary picture for each adult guest (maximum two photos per cabin), taken during the Mediterranean Night at the Main Resturants

* The drink package includes draught beers, a dedicated selection of house wines by the glass, selected spirits and cocktails, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass, bottled mineral water and classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea). The drinks can be consumed in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants. A non-alcoholic version is available for kids.
**Please note children are allowed on the exclusive sundeck
***Up to 50 minutes for cruises starting from 2020/2021
****The package is for adults only.

5 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

On MSC ships pretty much every bar serves regular espresso coffee drinks (simple espresso, machiato, cappuccino, latte, etc.) There will be a dedicated bar, usually on one of the atrium decks corner that will serve some more "exotic" coffee drinks, similar to the ones served by the 3rd party vendor aboard. As per what I have seen on other posts, on the Seashore, that place is called Brooklyn Cafe.

Would a mocha latte or any coffee with some chocolate flavor be considered a simple espresso drink or would I be out of luck for that?

17 hours ago, StevenUS said:

Would a mocha latte or any coffee with some chocolate flavor be considered a simple espresso drink or would I be out of luck for that?

That on MSC's terminology is set to be a "coffee delight" drink, so, sadly, not a regular one. Some bartenders might to serve you such a "sort of" drink with what they've available to work with, but generally those drinks are only offered, either way on places like Brooklyn Cafe on Seashore (included only on Premium Extra package and the non alcoholic one) or outside of any package on the 3rd party coffee and chocolate vendor spot. In some ships they serve those drinks both at the MDR or the buffet during breakfast time, but that is a ship by ship, perhaps sailing by saiiing sort of thing.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:17 AM, smplybcause said:

Hi everyone,

So the last time I went on MSC was before the switched the drink packages up. At the time Easy was the free one and Easy Plus covered most things and Premium covered the rest. Since they changed in the fall the packages have tweaked just a bit. So I'm looking for the differences and the biggest one I want to know is not the alcoholic side.

So when I went last summer the free package was the easy package and it didn't include any juices or water not included. I upgraded for better booze - but found out the next day that the juices they had for breakfast was VERY LIMITED. Basically I really like apple juice for breakfast so I'm trying to figured out if the bottles of apple juice (or if they've started just serving glasses) is included in Easy Plus or if I need Premium to get it.

I ask because online premium says fruit juices but it was included with easy plus last time I was on. So I want to know if they changed it to only apple juice for premium.

Thanks!!!!

Trying to figure out the MSC Drink Packages is an endless conundrum.  The real show stopper is the MSC policy that all occupants in the same cabin must take the same package.  In your case you can simply go with the Non Alcohol Package for $25.00 per day per person.  As long as both of you in the cabin subscribe for the same package.  Now if your DW or SO doesn’t need the package that means you’d be spending $50.00 per day to get your fruit juice.  Maybe charging each drink would be cheaper than getting a package?  

On 6/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, Nunagoras said:

That on MSC's terminology is set to be a "coffee delight" drink, so, sadly, not a regular one. Some bartenders might to serve you such a "sort of" drink with what they've available to work with, but generally those drinks are only offered, either way on places like Brooklyn Cafe on Seashore (included only on Premium Extra package and the non alcoholic one) or outside of any package on the 3rd party coffee and chocolate vendor spot. In some ships they serve those drinks both at the MDR or the buffet during breakfast time, but that is a ship by ship, perhaps sailing by saiiing sort of thing.

That is crazy. So I can get a latte on my drink package, but getting some chocolate in it for a mocha makes it different enough it will only be covered on the highest plan? MSC is crazy.

2 hours ago, StevenUS said:

That is crazy. So I can get a latte on my drink package, but getting some chocolate in it for a mocha makes it different enough it will only be covered on the highest plan? MSC is crazy.

That seems to be the logic, but don't panic... Sometimes they can "counteract" that logic... Either way, I also find it strange, as a strong coffee appreciator I'm really...

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 10:03 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Trying to figure out the MSC Drink Packages is an endless conundrum.  The real show stopper is the MSC policy that all occupants in the same cabin must take the same package.  In your case you can simply go with the Non Alcohol Package for $25.00 per day per person.  As long as both of you in the cabin subscribe for the same package.  Now if your DW or SO doesn’t need the package that means you’d be spending $50.00 per day to get your fruit juice.  Maybe charging each drink would be cheaper than getting a package?  

Oh I drink alcohol. And I'm solo so that's not an issue. I'm just weird that instead of coffee in the morning I'm an apple juice person and I found it crazy that it wasn't an included breakfast juice on MSC. 

52 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Oh I drink alcohol. And I'm solo so that's not an issue. I'm just weird that instead of coffee in the morning I'm an apple juice person and I found it crazy that it wasn't an included breakfast juice on MSC. 

Yes, you CAN get apple juice at breakfast in either the buffet or Main Dining room.  It is absolutely included (but you might need to ask for it).

On 6/20/2022 at 4:18 PM, StevenUS said:

Not correct; you do not need the highest plan to get a flavoring in your coffee.  Even the Easy plan allows for it.