LOST LUGGAGE HELP

lienf

We sailed on the Seashore May 7th. As always we put our luggage outside our YC cabin door on the last night of the cruise. The departure morning we were down to the luggage pick up area in the terminal around 8. Unfortunately my suitcase was not there. It was definitely not in the YC area and we looked as much as we could in the other areas but there are still thousands of bags to look through. I spoke to 3 or 4 Celebrity and shore personal who unfortunately couldn’t seem to help. I did fill out a lost luggage form there but after a few hours we had to leave to catch a flight. 

I phoned customer service on Monday morning and was given a link to fill out a detailed lost luggage report. I received back a number which said it is being looked into. I have made several other follow up calls and have been told it takes time. This isn’t like lost airline luggage which could be anywhere in the country, it went from our cabin door supposedly to the terminal. 

Has anyone ever had this specific issue and what was the outcome? 

Neil

Lost luggage issues does take time for a company to resolve.  Be patient.  I have not had that problem with a cruise line, but, I have when I have flown.  It can take awhile to determine where the bag is. But, when it did arrive, it was at 3:00 A. M. when I was awakened by a phone call informing me that the bag was sitting on my porch.  

Just file with your travel insurance.

More than likely someone took it.

If after a few hours of everyone getting off your bag should have been there .

In YC they are taken to interior and put on a cart. Hard to lose it.

I would say it's gone. But insurance is great! Make sure you include the cost of the suit case as well.

23 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just file with your travel insurance.

More than likely someone took it.

If after a few hours of everyone getting off your bag should have been there .

In YC they are taken to interior and put on a cart. Hard to lose it.

I would say it's gone. But insurance is great! Make sure you include the cost of the suit case as well.

I agree my bag should have been there, but customer service says it takes time. I have done many flights over the years and around 20 cruises and a bag has never been lost. When flying I have had a few misplaced but they have shown up in a day or two. 

I’ll wait another 2 weeks and then will file an insurance claim. I agree it is gone but I do wonder where. 

We always tie a brightly colored bunch of yarn, at least twenty strands, around the luggage handle.  The bunch of yarn really stands out and cannot be confused with a similar piece of luggage.   Do that and take pictures of your luggage.   

I do think that the only explanation of my missing suitcase is that someone took it, hopefully by mistake. If someone did take it they would have noticed immediately that it was not theirs because one of the wheels was broken. My next suitcase will definitely look different than others. 

Update. I just received a phone call and an email from MSC that my luggage has been found. They didn’t say how or where, but I am just happy to be able to get it back. Unfortunately I have to pay to have it shipped and I will take that up with them when I get it back. It is however worth it to have everything returned. I kept being told it takes time, and I guess that was true. Their process did work. 👍

Edited by lienf

2 minutes ago, lienf said:

Update. I just received a phone call and an email from MSC that my luggage has been found. They didn’t say how or where, but I am just happy to be able to get it back. Unfortunately I have to pay to have it shipped and I will take that up with them when I get it back. It is however worth it to have everything returned. I kept being told it takes time, and I guess that was true. Their process did work. 👍

Glad your bag was found.  Disappointed that you are to pay shipping.  They lost it, not you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Glad your bag was found.  Disappointed that you are to pay shipping.  They lost it, not you.

Agree.  Shipping costs ought to be paid by the cruise line.  After all, when a piece of my luggage decides to increase its frequent flier miles more than its owner, the airline covers whatever charges there may be.  

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Agree.  Shipping costs ought to be paid by the cruise line.  After all, when a piece of my luggage decides to increase its frequent flier miles more than its owner, the airline covers whatever charges there may be.  

Unfortunately the only two options I had in the email were, pay to have it returned or have MSC keep it. I’ll go after them when I get the suitcase back. Even though it was over $200 to have it shipped, I’m happy to have it back. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lienf said:

I’ll go after them when I get the suitcase back. Even though it was over $200 to have it shipped, I’m happy to have it back.

Very understandable that you are happy to having it back.  I hope that you will seek reimbursement for the shipping expenses.  (If you do, please let us know what that attempt may be.)  If you have travel insurance, that may help you.