Too good to be true? Millennium to Alaska

wcook

Never sailed X before, but am close to booking because of a screaming bargain on a solo cruise, inside guarantee cabin from Vancouver to Seward. I probably would have booked already, but I’ve got this weird feeling I’m missing something. I just am not used to seeing a Celebrity cruise coming up hundreds cheaper than the next cheapest option. 

1) Am I missing something?

2) I’m not picky about room location, so guarantee is fine. But are there some horrible cabins I can be stuck with booking guarantee?

3) For an extra $350 over the cheapo rate I can get the always included package (basic drinks, tips and WiFi). I should book this at a minimum, correct?

4) For an extra $150 over the always included package I can upgrade to premium drinks and a $150 excursion credit. Assuming I’m ok paying at least $150 on excursions, I’d be getting the upgrade to premium drinks for free, right?

I know these might fall into the dumb question category, but I keep feeling like there’s a catch I’m missing. Great ship, great line, super cheap???? If you guys could ease my paranoia, that would be sweet. 

24 minutes ago, wcook said:

I know these might fall into the dumb question category, but I keep feeling like there’s a catch I’m missing. Great ship, great line, super cheap???? If you guys could ease my paranoia, that would be sweet. 

Cruise fare pricing is dynamic.  The only paranoia that I would have is missing out on the good deal!  

• Like 1

Answer to #3 is yes, unless you don’t drink wine, cocktails, lattes, espresso, bottled water, soda, or good juice.  If you go with just the guarantee you need to add  about $15 per day for the daily gratuity making the difference about $250 for the beverage package and basic wi-fi. 

We were just on the Eclipse to Alaska, and had an interesting conversation with a solo traveller who routinely books inside guarantee cabin because 1) cheaper! 2) rarely in the cabin other than sleeping and 3) sleeps better inside

The funny thing is he was upgraded to an oceanview room and was actually working very hard to get downgraded and have his inside room back! 😁

Q3) As jelayne points out - classic package is good value unless you only want the coffee/tea/lemonade/water from the fountain in the buffet.

Q4) correct - find an excursion and the upgraded drinks are a bonus! Note there aren't very many excursions for $150 though, so budget extra $$

Agreed with the other posters that the cost to upgrade to Elevate right now is a very good deal for anyone who plans to take Celebrity excursions (and enjoys the fuller beverage experience), especially now that the cost to upgrade to Premium from Classic on board has increased. I wonder if this will remain the case after the current promotion.

20 hours ago, wcook said:

Never sailed X before, but am close to booking because of a screaming bargain on a solo cruise, inside guarantee cabin from Vancouver to Seward. I probably would have booked already, but I’ve got this weird feeling I’m missing something. I just am not used to seeing a Celebrity cruise coming up hundreds cheaper than the next cheapest option. 

1) Am I missing something?

2) I’m not picky about room location, so guarantee is fine. But are there some horrible cabins I can be stuck with booking guarantee?

3) For an extra $350 over the cheapo rate I can get the always included package (basic drinks, tips and WiFi). I should book this at a minimum, correct?

4) For an extra $150 over the always included package I can upgrade to premium drinks and a $150 excursion credit. Assuming I’m ok paying at least $150 on excursions, I’d be getting the upgrade to premium drinks for free, right?

Book it!