Premium plus vs Premier

evelynw2

In this Google Drive Folder, I have uploaded screenshots/photos of menus for Crooners, MDR, and Vines as they were earlier in the week on the Caribbean Princess (folders labeled "old") and then the "new" menus that are now displayed as of yesterday through the QR codes around the ship.  They have not started charging us these new prices that I can see but I understand this is what the menus will look like.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12whWAkXXP7K8Al6zWXT09134H-8PwZdr?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

30 minutes ago, prmssk said:

In this Google Drive Folder, I have uploaded screenshots/photos of menus for Crooners, MDR, and Vines as they were earlier in the week on the Caribbean Princess (folders labeled "old") and then the "new" menus that are now displayed as of yesterday through the QR codes around the ship.  They have not started charging us these new prices that I can see but I understand this is what the menus will look like.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12whWAkXXP7K8Al6zWXT09134H-8PwZdr?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for posting these.

38 minutes ago, prmssk said:

In this Google Drive Folder, I have uploaded screenshots/photos of menus for Crooners, MDR, and Vines

Great stuff.  And if this is indeed the fleetwide pricing for the future, the skeptics who feared that the wine prices would skip right past the Plus plan were dead on.  The worst fears are now realized. It won't be difficult to incur $20+ on average charges per day if you are predominantly a wine drinker which will push people into the Premier plan. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

doesn’t seem like much of the prices (if any) have changed on the cocktails then?

On 6/20/2022 at 4:35 PM, smilesonfaces said:

No one knows yet if it is worth it or not. It is not introduced until after 25/6.

it includes 2 speciality dinners for 2 worth $120,  photographs you may not actually want, the chance to maybe win a prize and drinks over $18 even though at present there are very few on the menu. Only time will tell if it is worth it or not. 

I have the Premier package and my confirmation shows Premier beverage, Wi-Fi, and crew appreciation? Nothing about 2 dinners, we get 2 as platinum but are on a 15 day cruise so 2 others would be nice. Is this an error or should I contact our TA who booked this for us.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I have the Premier package and my confirmation shows Premier beverage, Wi-Fi, and crew appreciation? Nothing about 2 dinners, we get 2 as platinum but are on a 15 day cruise so 2 others would be nice. Is this an error or should I contact our TA who booked this for us.

Thanks

It sounds like you have the Plus Package. You would have to pay quite a bit more if you wanted the Premier Package

2 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks

The Plus Beverage package used to be called the Premier beverage package and so many of us have invoices that call it that.  So unless you paid the extra $25 per day per person on top of the Princess Plus fare to upgrade to the Princess Premier fare in the last few weeks, you just have the Plus Beverage package and no specialty dining as part of the fare.

3 hours ago, memoak said:

It sounds like you have the Plus Package. You would have to pay quite a bit more if you wanted the Premier Package

We don't drink much  as long as I have one maybe two in a day plus a few specialty coffees and water on tours I'm all set. My husband doesn't drink but loves his soda.

46 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

We don't drink much  as long as I have one maybe two in a day plus a few specialty coffees and water on tours I'm all set. My husband doesn't drink but loves his soda.

If you only drink 1 or 2 a day and your husband doesnt drink why would you want to pay extra for the beverage package, surely it would have been cheaper just to pay for your drinks.

1 hour ago, Cash123 said:

If you only drink 1 or 2 a day and your husband doesnt drink why would you want to pay extra for the beverage package, surely it would have been cheaper just to pay for your drinks.

I drink several specialty coffees a day and it came with the crew appreciation and WiFi as a prom package.

On 6/25/2022 at 7:37 PM, Texter2 said:

Thanks, just found it today. Have not met a NZ Marlborough I didn’t like! 

If you haven’t already, seek out and try some South African Sauvignon Blancs, especially Mulderbosch. Excellent quality in the style of NZ without the price creep. 

13 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

If you haven’t already, seek out and try some South African Sauvignon Blancs, especially Mulderbosch. Excellent quality in the style of NZ without the price creep. 

Many thanks! I will look for them. The Kirkland SB was great. 

On 6/22/2022 at 12:14 PM, tonit964 said:

They came up with the Premier package for a reason and obviously to benefit them. I think the the Plus package will be very bare bones come this Saturday and as some have already suggested, you will no longer be able to pay just the difference in drink prices. It'll be all or nothing.

Celebrity had tried that in the past but then went to paying just the upcharge on the classic package.  Time will tell but I don’t think it is all that likely that Princess will go down that road.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, memoak said:

That should be up to $18 not over   The plus package gives you drinks up to $12. It seems like the upgraded drink package is only trsll useful for those who need to have super premium liquor like Woodford Reserve or Chopin. Or those who want a wider range of wines by the glass

My husband was drinking Woodford Reserve on the Majestic in May and we only had the regular Plus program.  I guess he did well.