Infinity Sails Again June 25th

cruising sister

4 hours ago, gordylad said:

Cheers a review of an ocean view cabin was posted

So glad this video was posted. Today we booked 3134 which is in the same group of cabins. The window was something I'd read about a couple of years ago so I booked 3134 (the only cabin available in this group) specifically for the window.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Hi Chuck, One of the problems I have found with Celebrity is that sometime employees on the ships take things into their own hands. It is not the norm to make reservations in Blu or Luminae. Seems like the maitre d is doing their own thing. Our cruise in Aqua/Blu last year on Millie we showed up later than our normal time. We were given the pod that buzz's and the 4 us were seating after a short wait.

After board you could go and see if the Blu maitre d is at Blu. To see how the  maitre d is handling Blu dining. I would talk to the maitre d in Blu or Luminae if your party dining together is more than 4. Just a heads up for the maitre d.

What I have found is trying to show up about the same time for dinner each night will get you the same table and servers. 

Hi, 

Thanks for the information. This is helpful. This will be my first time dining in Blu.

Chuck

20 hours ago, vivskivs said:

I am considering booking the AquaClass on Infinity but could tell what benefits it has over the Concierge class on these type ships?  Why did you select Aqua? TIA

Hi, 

I selected AquaClass over Concierge Class so that I can dine in Blu. This special restaurant is available to AquaClass passengers for breakfast and dinner each day.

Chuck

I will be interested in future updates from folks sailing on the Infinity.  We booked her for October.  I cannot handle A/C issues with cabins.  We are booked on an inside, and as long as I can get the air to 70-72 I am good, but when it creeps up above 72 I begin to feel like I'm suffocating.  I hope folks will post their experiences.  I can handle meh service if needed, but not A/C issues.

• Like 1

So pleased to hear that the A/C and other issues are resolved after the maiden voyage. Will be interesting to hear other's thoughts through the summer as we're on first week of October and trust that all will remain back on track.

On 6/28/2022 at 7:25 PM, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

I visited Bimini on the Celebrity Reflection in late Feb. 2022. This was my first visit to this port. Prior to the cruise, I booked a shore excursion that featured a boat ride. My excursion was canceled and I purchased the day pass to the Resorts World Bimini Beach Club aboard the ship for $40 (I honestly don't remember if it was available for purchase prior to the cruise). I road the tram to the Beach Club with the beautiful beach and two large pools (it was very nice). They gave us wrist bands to wear prior to boarding the tram. We could stay as long as we wanted. 

I am booked on the Celebrity Infinity for the cruise departing on Sep. 3, 2022. There is an excursion in Bimini to Paradise Beach (which apparently is a public beach near the Beach Club), but there currently is no option to purchase the day pass to the Beach Club. I purchased the excursion to Paradise Beach, but I will change my booking if the pass to the Beach Club becomes available. 

It has been a very long time since I have been to Puerto Plata (I visited this port during a cruise in 1976 when I was a child). For what it's worth, I have booked the "Explore Puerto Plata and Cable Car" excursion. This looks interesting to me. 

Chuck

We are doing the same cruise in September.

Sitting at the airport after having one of the best cruise experiences ever!  Infinity turned out to be a pleasant surprise and I hope everyone else had a good time! Going to write a proper review when I get back home.

• Like 7