Find shareholder benefit?

bluesplayer

If you faxed it, not your TA, you should receive a confirmation email.  Did you give them your email?  It's still early.  Give them a few more days or weeks.  

• Thanks 1

I emailed a request for shareholder OBC on 6/3/22.  When I didn't get a response, I resent the request on 6/14/22.  I still have not received any response.  On previous requests, HAL was prompt with granting the credit.  Other people on this site have reported recent quick turnaround.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all who answered!!  Of course I did NOT send my email  (sheesh)   Will re-fax with email added.  Much thanks for all your information and responses.     On it!!

You need minimum 100 shares for the benefit.  The credit amount depends on how long your cruise is.  

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer  US $250.   Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days  US $100.  Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less  US $ 50

NORTH AMERICA BRANDS.  Check the web site for outside North America

The credit also is essentially per booking number. So if you are doing a b2b, if HAL considered it a "collectors" and gave you one booking number for both segments, you get the benefit by the total days. If you have two booking numbers, it is for each segment separately.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WriterOnDeck said:

The credit also is essentially per booking number. So if you are doing a b2b, if HAL considered it a "collectors" and gave you one booking number for both segments, you get the benefit by the total days. If you have two booking numbers, it is for each segment separately.

I’ve had two booking numbers and gotten the $250 instead of the $200 for the 14 days.  That said sometimes it’s a struggle for them to to understand what I’m plainly explaining.  Other times it’s no problem.

• Thanks 1

I just submitted mine for our July AK cruise tour - it took 2.5 weeks - I was sent an updated itinerary and the onboard credit was added.  I won't complain as they gave me more than I thought we were entitled to!

Edited by kickboxrca
hit enter by mistake
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, bluesplayer said:

I faxed in my shareholder benefit Monday.  I booked through the big box travel agent.  Any way to find out if this has been posted?  I have not heard anything.  Much thanks for any advice.

Have you tried logging into your big box Travel account and pulling up that reservation to check now and then? I’ve found that the dollar amount always appears immediately in my confirmations as soon as HAL issues it, as additional onboard credit. But it will just be the $$, not identified as “shareholder benefit.” The big box TA won’t notify you.

That said, I do usually send my request to HAL by email (not fax) and get a reply confirming from HAL also by email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roz said:

@bluesplayer, I'm sorry my response upset you.  I was just trying to help.

Hi Roz..  the big Sheesh was for me!! I should have known better to include an email.  I was scolding myself!!  I did re-fax the information. I appreciate your response and all the help from this forum.  Totally my fault for not explaining that better.  Thank you for telling me to do so!!!  Much appreciated..  Laura

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Have you tried logging into your big box Travel account and pulling up that reservation to check now and then? I’ve found that the dollar amount always appears immediately in my confirmations as soon as HAL issues it, as additional onboard credit. But it will just be the $$, not identified as “shareholder benefit.” The big box TA won’t notify you.

That said, I do usually send my request to HAL by email (not fax) and get a reply confirming from HAL also by email.

Thank you!!  Nothing there yet but still only one week.  Will keep checking there.  

On 6/24/2022 at 10:42 AM, bluesplayer said:

I faxed in my shareholder benefit Monday.  I booked through the big box travel agent.  Any way to find out if this has been posted?  I have not heard anything.  Much thanks for any advice.

My cruise is next week and I faxed and emailed my information a month ago. It didn’t show up. Yesterday, I called the World Reservation number listed for Holland America on the Shareholder information PDF 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

The phone number is: 1 (800) 522-3399

I waited on hold for about 20 mins and reached an agent who was able to manually add my OBC to my booking. I received a confirmation of the $100 OBC in my email about 10 minutes later. 

I would give them a call and have it added. 

Edited by SLOTheta
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SLOTheta said:

My cruise is next week and I faxed and emailed my information a month ago. It didn’t show up. Yesterday, I called the World Reservation number listed for Holland America on the Shareholder information PDF 50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

The phone number is: 1 (800) 522-3399

I waited on hold for about 20 mins and reached an agent who was able to manually add my OBC to my booking. I received a confirmation of the $100 OBC in my email about 10 minutes later. 

I would give them a call and have it added. 

This is what is super annoying.  Some people get it the same day, others wait forever.  Kind of a problem when the cruise is coming up quickly like yours.  It should be first come, first serve.  Glad you were able to get it applied in time.

13 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

This is what is super annoying.  Some people get it the same day, others wait forever.  Kind of a problem when the cruise is coming up quickly like yours.  It should be first come, first serve.  Glad you were able to get it applied in time.

I agree. I’ve had no issue the last 4 cruises, all came back fairly fast. But, this is our first after Covid. 

I already used part of it by pre-buying unlimited laundry! 

• Like 1

We faxed our request for the credit on 6/16 and always ask for confirmation, I got no response so on 6/21 I e-mailed to see if they got it, they responded the same day that they had received my request and said that they are receiving a large volume of e-mails and they are working hard to make sure every request is handled accurately and efficiently.  Tomorrow will be 10 days.  I’ve never waited so long for confirmation. 

10 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

We faxed our request for the credit on 6/16 and always ask for confirmation, I got no response so on 6/21 I e-mailed to see if they got it, they responded the same day that they had received my request and said that they are receiving a large volume of e-mails and they are working hard to make sure every request is handled accurately and efficiently.  Tomorrow will be 10 days.  I’ve never waited so long for confirmation. 

Ok but why do some get it the same day or the next?  When you say this (hal not you)you lose all credibility with me.

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Ok but why do some get it the same day or the next?  When you say this (hal not you)you lose all credibility with me.

I think it is a staffing issue.  If they add staff to this department they can clear out the paperwork.  If they have to move staff to another department it may take awhile.  In March when we faxed it came through to   HAL as a blank, somehow they managed to track my phone # and call me the next day to tell us to refax.  They are doing their best, I won’t be critical.

2 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I think it is a staffing issue.  If they add staff to this department they can clear out the paperwork.  If they have to move staff to another department it may take awhile.  In March when we faxed it came through to   HAL as a blank, somehow they managed to track my phone # and call me the next day to tell us to refax.  They are doing their best, I won’t be critical.

But they aren’t doing their best.  To me doing their best is to deal with paperwork as it comes in, oldest to newest.  The way it seems now it that they throw it up in the air and whatever lands on top is dealt with first.  I can totally get behind first come, first serve.  If you want to wait until whenever that fine.

17 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

But they aren’t doing their best.  To me doing their best is to deal with paperwork as it comes in, oldest to newest.  The way it seems now it that they throw it up in the air and whatever lands on top is dealt with first.  I can totally get behind first come, first serve.  If you want to wait until whenever that fine.

FYI Just to clarify:  The Shareholder Benefit for Carnival Corp states:  “Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date”.   

I've been waiting just over two weeks so far. Not worried yet, but I'm also not doing it last minute so if there is a logical pile I assume I'm near the bottom of it.

I can't even imagine how miserable it must be right now working in customer service for a cruise line.

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

FYI Just to clarify:  The Shareholder Benefit for Carnival Corp states:  “Applications to receive these benefits should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date”.   

I rarely take last second cruises as I’m still working.  I don’t think you are understanding what I’m trying to say.  I have zero problems with them being busy.  I get that.  What I have issue with is that some people have their credits posted within minutes or hours.  Some wait weeks.  Why not do them in the order received? That would be “normal”.  One person on this thread sent their information a month ago and had to phone because they are very close to their cruise.  Suppose someone is going in a year.  Why do the person who just sent theirs in first when their cruise may be far off?

1 hour ago, whee-sailing said:

I've been waiting just over two weeks so far. Not worried yet, but I'm also not doing it last minute so if there is a logical pile I assume I'm near the bottom of it.

I can't even imagine how miserable it must be right now working in customer service for a cruise line.

There are worse jobs.  I can tell you I’d rather work at a cruise line then in a hospital as a dr or nurse.  Also I can’t imagine the restaurant industry being wonderful.  Many, many industries have been hit very hard.

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There are worse jobs.  I can tell you I’d rather work at a cruise line then in a hospital as a dr or nurse.  Also I can’t imagine the restaurant industry being wonderful.  Many, many industries have been hit very hard.

My acknowledging that cruise line CSRs are having a tough time right now doesn't mean I think other people in other jobs can't also be having a tough time.