Travelling single

iandjm

Hi all. 

Now that Celebrity bookings are cruise only and you now add on the always (no it’s not) included. Well…..
If I book a cruise for next year for two people and add on drinks tips and WiFi the supplement for the add on per person is £300pp. 
If I book as a single I pay double for the cabin and then have to pay £600 for the add on. Surely it can’t be right that I pay the same as two people for the drinks tips and and WiFi?

2 hours ago, iandjm said:

Hi all. 

Now that Celebrity bookings are cruise only and you now add on the always (no it’s not) included. Well…..
If I book a cruise for next year for two people and add on drinks tips and WiFi the supplement for the add on per person is £300pp. 
If I book as a single I pay double for the cabin and then have to pay £600 for the add on. Surely it can’t be right that I pay the same as two people for the drinks tips and and WiFi?

If you do a mock booking, use just 1 traveler and when you get to the book now/payment page, you will see the single supplement reduced from the fare, it is usually a good amount and the ones I looked at do include OBC, gratuities, wifi etc.

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

X for the Iceland and Greenland cruise, August 19 dropped the single supplement

If it is the Aug 7 cruise, the sgl sup is still showing when I do a mock booking

4 hours ago, iandjm said:

Hi all. 

Hopefully this special solo cruiser promotion applies to UK residents.

Solo deals seem to vary by sailing.  I had booked a September Equinox cruise and November Edge cruise, both solo, some months back.  The new sale prices are still higher than my current bookings.  But I did score great solo AI pricing on a February Millenium and March Beyond cruises and booked both.  Celebrity makes you work to find the deals but when you do they are sweet!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, solo cruisers get stuck paying for twice the AI stuff.  It sucks.  Celebrity could fix this but apparently they don't care to.  I don't mind paying twice the gratuities but I definitely mind paying for two drink packages and two internet packages!

Totally agree. Imagine going to a bar on land and being told because you are single you pay double for every drink.  It’s bad enough we pay for two peoples food, travel and entertainment by booking a stateroom for one.  
interesting that they only change once for all included package if you book one of the genuine single rooms so it can be done. 

It’s discrimination. 

Edited by iandjm

5 hours ago, iandjm said:

Totally agree. Imagine going to a bar on land and being told because you are single you pay double for every drink.  It’s bad enough we pay for two peoples food, travel and entertainment by booking a stateroom for one.  
interesting that they only change once for all included package if you book one of the genuine single rooms so it can be done. 

It’s discrimination. 

But the single staterooms have no storage space.  My view is that Celebrity really doesn't want single passengers.