Oceania Upcoming cruise Protocols Out Of Date

Aloha 1

Received an email yesterday with Covid protocols for our July cruises. Very puzzled that Carlos Ortega would send out, at this late date, an email referencing requirements per country that are no longer valid. It's June 24th and both Spain and Italy have essentially dropped almost all covid restrictions, yet the O memo references June 3rd restrictions which are no longer valid. Since the June 15th EU updates are clearly available. i do not understand why O would confuse passengers with false info.

• Like 1

Is the memo pertaining to entering the Country  or  requirements for boarding the ship?

Maybe O is still requiring pax to have  negative test results to board ??

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Received an email yesterday with Covid protocols for our July cruises. Very puzzled that Carlos Ortega would send out, at this late date, an email referencing requirements per country that are no longer valid. It's June 24th and both Spain and Italy have essentially dropped almost all covid restrictions, yet the O memo references June 3rd restrictions which are no longer valid. Since the June 15th EU updates are clearly available. i do not understand why O would confuse passengers with false info.

Italy has extended mask wearing on public transport until September and I believe Spain is also doing something similar.  Cruise ships are considered public transport.

https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/covid-italy-extends-mask-mandate-for-public-transport.html

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Italy has extended mask wearing on public transport until September and I believe Spain is also doing something similar.  Cruise ships are considered public transport.

https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/covid-italy-extends-mask-mandate-for-public-transport.html

Not according to the latest EU updates. Yes on land, ie; trains and buses but not other wise. Not even on planes which are public transport.

Celebrity, for example, as of today says masks optional on board for cruises embarking, visiting, or disembarking in Spain and Italy.

Edited by Aloha 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Not according to the latest EU updates. Yes on land, ie; trains and buses but not other wise. Not even on planes which are public transport.

Celebrity, for example, as of today says masks optional on board for cruises embarking, visiting, or disembarking in Spain and Italy.

Google updates on mask wearing.  Several countries including Italy and Spain have said they are not going to drop mask wearing in several areas even though EU guidelines say differently.  That's probably why Ortega is hedging his bets about mask wearing and testing.

I like Celebrity but I don't think they were enforcing rules as much as O was.  I was on Riviera in May and if you forgot to put your mask on in the Terrace, especially, you were reminded to do so.

6 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Google updates on mask wearing.  Several countries including Italy and Spain have said they are not going to drop mask wearing in several areas even though EU guidelines say differently.  That's probably why Ortega is hedging his bets about mask wearing and testing.

I like Celebrity but I don't think they were enforcing rules as much as O was.  I was on Riviera in May and if you forgot to put your mask on in the Terrace, especially, you were reminded to do so.

I have no problem wearing masks in crowds but outside?? No way.

3 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I suggest you call whoever booked you and ask about it

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

4 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thats why I cancelled my cruise  and put it off a year.... enough is enough

We left the Riviera on June 15 th in Rome after an 18 day cruise. At that time we only had to wear masks on board when in Italian ports as they do class cruise ships as public transport. We could take them off once on shore. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Protocols are constantly changing in each country.  What may be the rule today, may very well be changed again tomorrow.  You just have to keep checking each country's website and Oceania's website.  And the cruiseline may decide to have their own restrictions.  I just got off a Hurtigruten cruise where masks were required indoors even though Norway had lifted their mask mandate.

Not sure where your news is coming from people but Italy does not require masks on public transport but advises it, Spain , Portugal have stopped this as well , no longer need to be vaccinated , test, passenger locator forms etc…

im gong to Maderia in Wednesday and will only need to wear a mask in a medical facility , care home and the likes. Many of my fiends have been going to Europe for some time now and they say things are pretty much back to normal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Rosroz said:

Not sure where your news is coming from people but Italy does not require masks on public transport but advises it, Spain , Portugal have stopped this as well , no longer need to be vaccinated , test, passenger locator forms etc…

im gong to Maderia in Wednesday and will only need to wear a mask in a medical facility , care home and the likes. Many of my fiends have been going to Europe for some time now and they say things are pretty much back to normal 

How about being there.  Madrid REQUIRES passengers on public transport, which includes - metros, buses, taxis, Ubers to wear masks.   We were at one event at IFEMA (Madrid) where you either had to have vaccine proof or a negative COVID test to enter.  Outside and in hotels masks not required and Restaurants same for guests and staff.

For Portugal

Mandatory mask:
- in public transports, taxis and similar passenger transports;
- access and visits to care and nursing homes and health facilities

Edited by PaulMCO

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

+ your vax can be no older than 270 days !!!!    stupid.

Why. It doesn't really protect you after six months. If you have had boosters you should have no problem.  Its like the flu vaccine.  You need it more than once in your lifetime.