How quick can I disembark ?

Ilovesailaway

Need to try to be off asap. I am sailing NS arriving in Port Everglades at 0700 on 12/17.

I have been able to carry off and make early flights before at FLL but this will be our first HAL cruise. 

Some of the passengers on my ship are continuing their cruse on NS after my 7 day, not sure if that means less trying to get off quickly/early and if that helps any? 

We're on the same ship and arrival time on 12/17/2022. 

Last March we had an 11AM flight home from FLL Airport. We walked off the ship, each with just one roller suitcase, whipped through immigration because the cruise line we were on used facial recognition. Walked outside, saw a number of 12 passenger vans going to the airport for $11pp. We used skycap check-in at the airport, have pre-TSA check-in and were at our gate with almost 2 hrs to waste!!

You won't have any trouble at all assuming the ship arrival is on time, which they usually always are on time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Several people have reported the first groups off at around 7:15 to 7:30. On our cruise back in March it was more like 7:40.

Your real question is how early a flight can you catch at FLL. I would say 10am is pretty safe. Maybe a little early if you are really agile with your bags, and most importantly, quickly grab a cab.

• Thanks 1

On a recent cruise, our ship was delayed getting to the port.  We weren't off the ship till 8:45.  Bit of a squeeze making our flight, especially since it took forever to get through security lines. I'd never count on an early flight.

Back in 2010,  we had a very late boarding because our ship had come back into Port Everglades late.  It had been involved in a rescue at sea.  We were in a huge line waiting to board and could see and hear lots of unhappy people disembarking. I am sure many missed flights that day.  

We always choose early disembarkation.....our experience at Port Everglades since the unpleasantness:

In October (Rotterdam), we were disembarked and in a taxi to the Amtrak station by 7:35am...and onboard the northbound Silver Star at 8:50am!

In December (Nieuw Amsterdam), we disembarked and were on the parking lot shuttle by 7:50am. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1