TAP Portugal through Celebrity Air

Gracie115

We booked TAP for our return next year in Amsterdam.  The Business Class rate was very good, but have read some not so great reviews about TAP and wonder if anyone here has used this airline and what your thoughts are about them.  Thanks for any help.

Where are you flying to from Amsterdam and is TAP the operator of the flight or code sharing with another airline?  FBC has us booked in BC with ITA airlines from Venice Italy in September, but it is operated by Delta to Atlanta.  With all the current problems in the flying industry I do not think any airline is getting positive reviews.

17 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Where are you flying to from Amsterdam and is TAP the operator of the flight or code sharing with another airline?  FBC has us booked in BC with ITA airlines from Venice Italy in September, but it is operated by Delta to Atlanta.  With all the current problems in the flying industry I do not think any airline is getting positive reviews.

TAP Portugal to Lisbon and then on to Miami.  Tap is the operator of both flights.

Edited by Gracie115

13 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

TAP Portugal to Lisbon and then on to Miami.  Tap is the operator of both flights.

The only time we flew TAP was pre Covid from Lisbon to Rome and it was a very nice flight in European BC.. Since we flew once with them we get all kinds of emails with TAP updates. They recently have upgraded their BC cabins on international flights. Since you got a good deal on the price and are in BC you will have a good flight.

Here is a link to TAP website with the Executive Class (BC) amenities:

Fly Executive Class - Comfort among the clouds | TAP Air Portugal (flytap.com)

49 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The only time we flew TAP was pre Covid from Lisbon to Rome and it was a very nice flight in European BC.. Since we flew once with them we get all kinds of emails with TAP updates. They recently have upgraded their BC cabins on international flights. Since you got a good deal on the price and are in BC you will have a good flight.

Here is a link to TAP website with the Executive Class (BC) amenities:

Fly Executive Class - Comfort among the clouds | TAP Air Portugal (flytap.com)

34 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

I flew TAP business class from Barcelona to US with Celebrity Air.  Nice trip. No problems.

Thank you both very much, feel much better about our decision now.

The one snag I hit, no fault of TAP, was at the gate in Lisbon.  I went through regular security, but I was pulled aside at the gate for special security screening.  They went through my carry-on piece by piece at a table set up nearby and did the security wand thing again. I boarded the flight on time, but it was a little unnerving.  Just a heads-up.  If you have “SSSS” on your boarding pass, you will be pulled aside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the before times, we flew TAP Business from/to Lisbon/Miami and enjoyed the flights.  Should be better now that they have the 330Neos on that route.  Be advised if flying from BOS/IAD/EWR(or maybe they use JFK?) that currently they are using an A321neo.  Had a friend that flew IAD to LIS and said it was fine. I personally think if I had a choice I would try to get on the wide body.  

We flew TAP economy several times in 2018/2019.  All the flights were great-hot meals on flights from BCN to LIS and LIS to LCY. Even got an ice cream bar and a beverage on the 45min hop from OPO to LIS on a prop plane!

It should be noted that since we flew them, the government purchased back the portion owned by the JetBlue founder.  Based on our YouTube video watching, it appears service may have been cut back…but as a PP said, that’s true if almost all airlines.  We have noticed their pricing which was priced each way now is discounted if you purchase roundtrip.  

Edited by Clay Clayton

1 minute ago, Clay Clayton said:

In the before times, we flew TAP Business from/to Lisbon/Miami and enjoyed the flights.  Should be better now that they have the 330Neos on that route.  Be advised if flying from BOS/IAD/EWR(or maybe they use JFK?) that currently they are using an A321neo.  Had a friend that flew IAD to LIS and said it was fine. I personally think if I had a choice I would try to get on the wide body.  

We flew TAP economy several times in 2018/2019.  All the flights were great-hot meals on flights from BCN to LIS and LIS to LCY. Even got an ice cream bar and a beverage on the 45min hop from OPO to LIS on a prop plane!

Thanks for the info.  

We flew TAP premium economy from Toronto-Lisbon-Madeira last month.  Excellent service.   Great equipment.  

We have done both short and long hauls on TAP.  They have all been good.

One thing though.  We have heard complaints about baggage handling.  Cannot comment since we never check bags.

4 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We booked TAP for our return next year in Amsterdam.  The Business Class rate was very good, but have read some not so great reviews about TAP and wonder if anyone here has used this airline and what your thoughts are about them.

I think that there may be more comments in this thread:

• Like 1