Cost of Upgrade to Premium Liquor Package Price

Vegasd4430

I tried to call the number on the website but was on hold for over 20 minutes.   What is the cost of upgrading from the classic drink package to premium? Price was not posted. See below.... Do they ever offer BOGO free or half price?

U

seThispgrade now and save

From top-shelf spirits to a wider selection of liqueurs, cognacs, and Champagnes, upgrade to our Premium or Drinks & More packages before you sail.

Call to upgrade

*Pre-cruise discounts not available on board.

Up

Upgrade contact list

CountryDial CodePhone Number
US/CanadaNA18007225941
AustraliaNA1800754500
Austria(+42)01 59 54120
Brazil (IR)(+55 11)3090 7200
Denmark(+45)80 25 25 32 52
Finland(+358)020 386 386
France(+33)04 25 11 04 38
Germany(+49)0800 7240346
Italy(+39)02 89732173
Mexico (Rest of Country)(001)800-225-0555
Mexico City(+52)55 5525-1977
New ZealandNA0800102123
Norway(+47)22 51 37 90
Spain(+34)902209207
Sweden(+46)0200 88 01 55
Switzerland(+41)0800 200904
UK(+44)0800 240 4323

grade now and save

From top-shelf spirits to a wider selection of liqueurs, cognacs, and Champagnes, upgrade to our Premium or Drinks & More packages before you sail.

C

I believe the upgrade cost still is just the difference between the package prices, that being $15/day + 20% gratuity (so $18/day).

You should be able to do that upgrade online for that price if you aren't looking for the discount, or you can wait until you are on board.  The only discounts I've ever heard of for the upgrade are as a loyalty benefit.  You do have to call for that if that applies to you.

• Thanks 1

Who even knows anymore 😂. The price change went into effect last month. A couple of weeks ago I tried changing a reservation from AI to Elevate. I was told that I couldn’t do that so I just upgraded the drink package and was charged $10/day🤷🏻‍♀️

6 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Who even knows anymore 😂. The price change went into effect last month. A couple of weeks ago I tried changing a reservation from AI to Elevate. I was told that I couldn’t do that so I just upgraded the drink package and was charged $10/day🤷🏻‍♀️

Just last week my TA changed two reservations from AI to Elevate, no problem. Go figure! 

43 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I believe the upgrade cost still is just the difference between the package prices, that being $15/day + 20% gratuity (so $18/day).

You should be able to do that upgrade online for that price if you aren't looking for the discount, or you can wait until you are on board.  The only discounts I've ever heard of for the upgrade are as a loyalty benefit.  You do have to call for that if that applies to you.

The new price of the beverage packages show on the website and  it the cost to upgrade is still said to be $10 per day ( $12 with the gratuity). Good news! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The new price of the beverage packages show on the website and  it the cost to upgrade is still said to be $10 per day ( $12 with the gratuity). Good news! 

Right on!

So I will be able to answer this for you in the next couple of weeks - our final payment is due July 16 for our October cruise and we will be looking to upgrade then - we booked under the "Always Included" rate back in Dec 2020 so currently have the 'Classic' package.  I'm gonna need some $15 martinis though as the Martini Bar on the Edge is pretty much our "local" since we are on Deck 3... 😄

The best advice I've received on this for anyone who doesn't know is that if you booked under the "Always Included" rate, you don't want to be looking at the cost for the Premium Drinks Package as advertised, that's if you didn't have any package at all (essentially you've already 'paid' for the Classic package so you're most of the way there).  It's totally bizarre that you can't upgrade at any time, but apparently only after you do your final payment does it give you the option to change from Classic to Premium for a pretty small cost like $12/day as @jelayne says.

I will let you know!

42 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

It's totally bizarre that you can't upgrade at any time, but apparently only after you do your final payment does it give you the option to change from Classic to Premium for a pretty small cost like $12/day as @jelayne says.

Okay, so you can't upgrade until after final payment.  I was wondering why I could not do so online now, but can schedule specialty dining.

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

Okay, so you can't upgrade until after final payment.  I was wondering why I could not do so online now, but can schedule specialty dining.

Yep, it's really silly TBH.  I will definitely let you guys know - I'm just waiting for a new credit card to arrive and I'm wanting to put the balance on there (reward reasons, you know the drill).  So as soon as I get it I will be making my payment and posting the experience here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

Unless Celebrity just recently changed something, we upgraded from the Classic to Premium Beverage Package on March 30 by calling the Captains Club number and our final payment for our August cruise wasn't due until May 9.

15 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Unless Celebrity just recently changed something, we upgraded from the Classic to Premium Beverage Package on March 30 by calling the Captains Club number and our final payment for our August cruise wasn't due until May 9.

We also upgraded our Wi-Fi from Basic to Premium on the same CC call as the Basic service is just not adequate for us, as I do periodically like to post to Cruise Critic while on a cruise and my DW needs to access a different multitiered website she does work on. Unfortunately, we have found that to do so we require the Premium service if there are over 1100+ passengers onboard.

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

16 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

We also upgraded our drink package prior to our final payment. Yes the wait time was awful but it was done and one less thing I had to worry about.

Yeahhhhh I tried that.  And they repriced my entire cruise and told me that it would cost me a couple of thousand dollars.  Yeah.... forget it lol.  So I took the advice of the board here and am waiting until my final payment.  Apparently it has something to do with how they 'unbundle' the Always Included components but only after final payment.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of new folks answering those phones, but she sure didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about.  If I can do it online I'd much rather vs. getting someone who isn't sure how to do what I'm asking.

Edited by WorkerBee74

Rather than clog up the busy telephone lines, why isn’t there a simple upgrade option on the My Celebrity or Captains Club Web Sites once you have signed in to your booked cruises ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Yeahhhhh I tried that.  And they repriced my entire cruise and told me that it would cost me a couple of thousand dollars.  Yeah.... forget it lol.  So I took the advice of the board here and am waiting until my final payment.  Apparently it has something to do with how they 'unbundle' the Always Included components but only after final payment.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of new folks answering those phones, but she sure didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about.  If I can do it online I'd much rather vs. getting someone who isn't sure how to do what I'm asking.

Interesting. I just logged onto our Celebrity Eclipse 18 day TP in April 2023, and I am able to update my Classic drink package on the website to Premium, although the price appears to have gone up to $16.80 pp/day (or $6 more pp/day than on our August cruise that we upgraded back in March).

BTW for some unknown reason the upgrade option is sometimes not offered online like in the case of our Aug 2022 Summit cruise. That's why we had to call the Captains Club.

836519351_BeveragePackageUpgrade.thumb.jpg.82c2d2d80c2a62e90ddd03235034d736.jpg

" i wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of new folks answering those phones, but she sure didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about. "

That is true, for sure. And usually the mistakes are NOT in the passengers favor. However, on occasion they are- I upgraded for just over $7 a day for the alcohol package and nothing at all to upgrade to the premium non-alcohol package. I think that was the same call when the agent found me a very good rate on the cruise- state discounts plus whatever the current sale was. i was expecting about $200 and she found nearly $500. It was well worth the long wait to get through. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

...the price appears to have gone up to $16.80 pp/day (or $6 more pp/day than on our August cruise that we upgraded back in March)

And that's why I wanted to upgrade the first time I called!  Maybe it's because I'm a lowly - neverCruisedCelebrityBefore guest.. haha.  Will see what happens in the coming days, hopefully it LETS me upgrade online but again I'll let you know.  If it doesn't I guess I'll go the way of @PTC DAWG and try to upgrade on board, if not, I guess I'll be stuck paying the difference and have hardly ANY cocktails.  Annoy.

@LIMPIT have you already made your final payment?

Seems like things are different for everyone, what a pain haha.

Edited by WorkerBee74
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

And that's why I wanted to upgrade the first time I called!  Maybe it's because I'm a lowly - neverCruisedCelebrityBefore guest.. haha.  Will see what happens in the coming days, hopefully it LETS me upgrade online but again I'll let you know.  If it doesn't I guess I'll go the way of @PTC DAWG and try to upgrade on board, if not, I guess I'll be stuck paying the difference and have hardly ANY cocktails.  Annoy.

@LIMPIT have you already made your final payment?

Seems like things are different for everyone, what a pain haha.

Since this is your first X cruise there is no discount (unless signed up for Captain's Club and you've been doing the Power Up Points), so I would just upgrade onboard.

Wait to upgrade when on board.  "Let's make a deal" sometimes works.  They seem to know who has the Classic Package and we are approached numerous times.  Make them an offer....

46 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

Since this is your first X cruise there is no discount (unless signed up for Captain's Club and you've been doing the Power Up Points), so I would just upgrade onboard.

So I can't upgrade to a Premium package without paying the entire full cost of a Premium package?  I did not book a cruise-only rate.... I booked under the Always Included rate so I have the Classic package already.  I'm not starting from scratch with no drink package at all, I'm upgrading from Classic to Premuium.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by WorkerBee74

21 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

So I can't upgrade to a Premium package without paying the entire full cost of a Premium package?  I did not book a cruise-only rate.... I booked under the Always Included rate so I have the Classic package already.  I'm not starting from scratch with no drink package at all, I'm upgrading from Classic to Premuium.  That doesn't make any sense to me.

You can upgrade from classic to premium- but what I think the previous poster was saying that there won’t be a Captains Club loyalty discount (usually 10%) available on that cost difference.

For example, as a Captains Club member - I usually ask customer service for the CC member discount on my upgrade and they take 10% off of the cost to do so. 

This may not be an option due to the fact it’s your first Celebrity cruise, and it’s dependent on the Captains Club perk level. But it doesn’t hurt to ask for a discount. The worst they could say is no. 😀

4 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

From the FAQ (https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/always-included) (warning - the answers are actually shifted one spot from where they should be):

How can a guest upgrade from classic beverage package to premium beverage package when they book the Always Included package?

If a guest books their cruise with Always Included package pricing and would like to upgrade their Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Beverage Package, they may do so via our Cruise Planner platform once their booking is within final payment. The upgrade charge will be $18 per person per day which includes the beverage gratuity. Guests may not purchase a beverage upgrade before final payment when they book Always Included. Alternatively, guests may also upgrade their beverage package from Classic to Premium once onboard the ship.