Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Ken the cruiser

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For us as some of you know, we have been on one 21 day B3B in Aug, a 16 day B2B in Nov, a 21 day B2B in Dec and a 14 day B2B in Feb along with our 18 day PC cruise on the CB in May. On all of those B?Bs, we had to pass an antigen test the day prior to transition day and if we failed, we would be put off the ship and into quarantine for 5-10 days, depending on the severity. So we developed our strategy because we love cruising and did not want flunk that antigen test. They was our “air of motivation”.

Then after awhile, it just became a preventative habit. But I have to say, it’s been nice not getting bronchitis, norovirus, the dreaded ship cough and all of those other fun illnesses, besides COVID, that still lurk around on a cruise ship. 😁

That indeed is a lot of cruising and I can understand not wanting to risk losing it.  I am aware they were doing a lot of testing for B2B'ers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

When I read it, the text mentioned 270 since primary course OR since booster.  We have had the two primary, plus one booster and we expire - according to Europe - in early SEP.  We do plan on a 4th shot.  We are well-passed expired from the second primary!

If you have had the primary course, plus a booster, there is no time limit.

Millions of us here in Europe have gone over the 270 day ruling for the booster,  with no issues .

As long as you can show you have had a booster, no matter when, you are OK.

Edited by wowzz
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It was, but it would be nice next time if the Blue Mosque renovations have either been completed or they choose a different mosque to visit. 

Our tour gave us the option as to visiting or not. Nice to have the choice. 

41 minutes ago, konatyme said:

Ken the Cruiser. your Istanbul tour sounded great. Did you have enough time in the bazaar to do a little shopping or was it a very brief stop? Thanks!

Can't answer for Ken's trip, but we had 90 minutes in the bazaar,  which was 75 minutes too much.

We went to a bar in a side street for an hour and enjoyed a couple of drinks! 

Personally,  I think the bazaar is vastly overrated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am sure it is quite random.  I have read most/all of @Ken the cruiser's protocols.  I never wear a mask and no Covid here.  (Vaccinated with Pfixer 3x, but last one was early Dec).  Even so, we will be doing a 4th shot in August so we are good for the Europe 270 day rule.

The 270-day rule only applies to the time since your last dose of the initial vaccine series - two shots for Moderna and Pfizer and one shot with J&J.) According to the Princess protocols, there isn't a requirement for a second booster. Highlighting added by me.

image.thumb.png.3189203cb29256a79c70f5c322644258.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, kml246 said:

The 270-day rule only applies to the time since your last dose of the initial vaccine series - two shots for Moderna and Pfizer and one shot with J&J.) According to the Princess protocols, there isn't a requirement for a second booster. Highlighting added by me.

Exactly- no need for a second booster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kml246 said:

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Exactly- no need for a second booster. 

I had not seen latest PCL language... I mostly got tired of all the changes and it really only matters closer to our travel date.  I suppose I got lazy with things relaxing in general.  I just hope no new significant wave comes to put clamps back on.  We are back to living like 2019 now.

Thanks to you both for setting me straight.  A quick read of some EU text and another info source had me thinking you had to do a new course after 270 days.  Seems like a bit of a toothless thing if vaccine is important.  We are told immunity wanes over time.  And, yes, I know the vaccine does not provide immunity; rather it is supposed to help keep a course of Covid-19 down to a low impact in terms of reducing hospitalization.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, konatyme said:

Ken the Cruiser. your Istanbul tour sounded great. Did you have enough time in the bazaar to do a little shopping or was it a very brief stop? Thanks!

Yes. We were scheduled to have 60 minutes. But because of the extra time getting into St Sophia, it was reduced to 40 minutes. We personally got as far as the entrance for me to take a few pictures, but then we went back to the meeting place and found a shady spot to sit.

But listening to comments from others, they had plenty of time to shop. From what I also heard, it’s quite the maze in there with side streets and off shoots from those. So if you went down one or two, make sure you remember the way you came and go back that same way, otherwise you may get lost and not make it back to the meeting point in time.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Esprit said:

We passed under the 1915 Canakkale bridge opened in March 2022 at 1 am

AAC413B1-0F69-497C-8E88-D6AF3B6F158E.jpeg

This bridge is currently the longest suspension bridge in the world.

A possible trivia question for those that enjoy quizzes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phabric said:

Was lunch included in the excursion?  What was on the menu?

Yes. If I remember, we had a couple tasty vegetable-based starters followed by a cheese plate with other garnishments. The main course was veal stew with potatoes and carrots followed by a custard with a raspberry sauce. For drinks you could have bottled water and/or pick from an assortment of sodas.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

The whole DTI just seems a bit of a farce. Either have a formal night, and everyone knows where they stand, or have a casual night. DTI is neither here nor there.

The impression does not have to be a positive one.

One can certainly dress in a way to leave a negative impression

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yes. If I remember, we had a couple tasty vegetable-based starters followed by a cheese plate with other garnishments. The main course was veal stew with potatoes and carrots followed by a custard with a raspberry sauce. For drinks you could have bottled water and/or pick from an assortment of sodas.

that sounds very nice 🙂

• Like 1

At 10:10 this morning I did a speed test and it definitely appears everyone is up and moving around on the ship as we’re still at sea. But even at these slow speeds we can still get our email, surf the web and post this message with a photo to CC. Now, I’m not sure if those watching or posting videos on social medial are having the same sort of experience. But one never knows …

C26D7838-EE03-4AD7-BF92-432F98E5D1A5.jpeg.35fd05871ec3d5b3a1a571b13a290bf8.jpeg

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That indeed is a lot of cruising and I can understand not wanting to risk losing it.  I am aware they were doing a lot of testing for B2B'ers.

That’s what’s so “stress relieving” about this 21 day Regal cruise we’re on. There is no B2B antigen testing requirement, to include for those B2B passengers heading on from Athens to Barcelona. That, of course, on top of the requirement not to have to test anymore prior to flying back to the US after our cruise! 😁

Now from what I’m reading, Celebrity is still requiring B2B passengers to test the day prior to transition day. However, from what I’m also reading, they’re giving folks the option, in most cases, to stay onboard in quarantine for the next cruise, until they test negative, rather than disembarking and quarantining in a hotel in possibly some strange port. Hopefully, their B2B testing requirement goes by the wayside as well since our next cruise is a Celebrity B2B.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Looks like we’re approaching Mykonos. The sea looks a little choppy and this is a tender port! 

AC4E5996-08A4-4E73-9E60-65ADA6626E38.thumb.jpeg.3b1353f1d83ead5c60b6d9510dcbd152.jpeg

And on top of that our excursion includes a boat ride over to Delos, the birth place of Apollo. That should be a fun ride too!! 😂

5E690B55-09B1-4FF3-B94A-7408FF7D159C.thumb.jpeg.eb91de0c13d826609f87fd9a2e245b5b.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here’s some reading material to ponder. More later as we’re heading to the theater. 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/cancelled-cruises-mediterranean-on-regal-july-2022.pdf

The cancelled cruises from 30 July are because the ship has been chartered for LGBTQ+ guests.

It will include independent security and crew currently onboard who have sensitivities or religious reasons can be excused from particular duties!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Esprit said:

The cancelled cruises from 30 July are because the ship has been chartered for LGBTQ+ guests.

It will include independent security and crew currently onboard who have sensitivities or religious reasons can be excused from particular duties!

If we might ask, where did you hear or read about the specifics?

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The sea looks a little choppy and this is a tender port! 

That is not normally the case.

We docked there in June, although it took about 30 minutes to get the lines secure, due to the strong offshore winds at the time. 

3 hours ago, Esprit said:

In addition Princess are looking for people to take part in a new U.K. daytime TV programme to be filmed on the Regal between August and October. They are providing the accommodation and expenses. This is not the U.K. version of the Real Love Boat.