Move Up Reversed

5waldos

Nearly a week ago,  all my bids but one on Move Up expired. Okay- this suggested that we would very possibly have successfully bid on that cabin. 

This morning I just checked to see if it had been approved and suddenly ALL the bids are back to pending. Is this a website problem or is this a common experience? I was quite surprised and now don't know what to think. 

Is this for the July cruise you mentioned in another post?  I've not heard much talk around here, about that happening this far out (both bids expiring this early and also being reversed after expiring) but I'm interested to see what stories there are.

I'm totally speculating, here, but I wonder if there weren't some cancellations that led to what you're seeing. In any case, it seems rather odd that the bids expired this far out in the first place.

Yes- it is for a 22 July cruise. And I was rather surprised initially at the expirations since the seemed to be only one of the cabins that remained pending but dozens of the others. 

Went back to the website and it really is acting strangely- allowing changes, and then asking for a credit card number which it did NOT do when I first bid. I guess that the whys and wherefores of MoveUp are not to be known by us mere mortals. What will be will be. And all those other aphorisms which might apply. 

49 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Nearly a week ago,  all my bids but one on Move Up expired. Okay- this suggested that we would very possibly have successfully bid on that cabin. 

This morning I just checked to see if it had been approved and suddenly ALL the bids are back to pending. Is this a website problem or is this a common experience? I was quite surprised and now don't know what to think. 

Both

I will keep an eye on mine.  So far, so good.  Mine all went to expired except ONE about the same time as yours.  This one category on the website is now showing as sold out.  I am on the July 24 Summit sailing.

Thank you for sharing.  It helps us all.  Edited to Add:  I gave a credit card number.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I thought when I did some move up bids late last year that I needed to give them a credit card # since if you are successful with a bid the card is charged and then you are notified.  

I assumed when initially bidding that they would simply charge the card on file. I actually tried to change the card but, couldn't find a way to change it.

I'm quite befuddled now but oh well- we will be happy (and a bit richer) with the cabin we chose although a veranda upgrade would be nice. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Not sure why- they have my credit card number on file. But what will be will be- no real expectations at this point. As long as we have a cabin onboard we will be pleased. 

Because they correctly make no assumptions about which card you wish to use for the offer.  Only the pax knows, for example, which card will have an open credit line that will handle the amount.

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Because they correctly make no assumptions about which card you wish to use for the offer.  Only the pax knows, for example, which card will have an open credit line that will handle the amount.

Can't say I wasn't somewhat surprised but there it is. What surprised me more was suddenly today being asked for number on a change I made which has not happened even a single time over the past weeks when I made adjustments. 

9 hours ago, 5waldos said:

In my experience the fist sign that your offer has been accepted is when your credit card is charged.   I have alerts set up on my credit card and when a charge is made of $10 I get a text alert and my watch vibrates.    About 10 minutes later an official e-mail arrives notifying of your upgrade.

It is not uncommon that the status change prior to official approval and can sometimes be a good indications but nothing is official until it is either awarded or your receive the Sorry message.

On 6/30/2022 at 11:36 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

I will keep an eye on mine.  So far, so good.  Mine all went to expired except ONE about the same time as yours.  This one category on the website is now showing as sold out.  I am on the July 24 Summit sailing.

Thank you for sharing.  It helps us all.  Edited to Add:  I gave a credit card number.

An update of sorts.  All mine just went to Pending again.  Only one category(the one that was the only one pending previously) now stating pending, but, offering Modify or Cancel.  ETA:  Now ALL showing pending and ability to modify or cancel.

Edited by FlorenceItaly