Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Thank you.  Unfortunately, Viking does not specific exactly which specific dates qualify for this sale.  If you go to the various sale itineraries, it appears that the early dates have the stateroom upgrade and dates after summer 2024 do not, even though they appear in the price and build list from this web site sale page.  You have to be careful.

I am looking specifically at the South America & the Chilean Fjords itinerary for our next cruise and noticed that this doesn't look like that great of a deal at all. The promo is for Dec 2023 - Jan-Feb 2024 but the price of the V1 is $1000 more than a DV1 on cruises for Nov-Dec of 2024, so the "Free Upgrade" is marketing smoke and mirrors. A DV1 in Nov will cost $100 less than the "promo" in Jan. The $1000 OBC is really the only part that makes this attractive in any way but you could be paying up to $1000 more for the room than in Nov-Dec. Prices go back up in 2025, so the sweet spot seems to be late 2024 without a promo code.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

We really enjoyed this cruise..if you can combine it with the TA even better... we did 4 cruises in a row and had splendid time...it will be even better without ALL the hassle of COVID!!!

31 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I am looking specifically at the South America & the Chilean Fjords itinerary for our next cruise and noticed that this doesn't look like that great of a deal at all. The promo is for Dec 2023 - Jan-Feb 2024 but the price of the V1 is $1000 more than a DV1 on cruises for Nov-Dec of 2024, so the "Free Upgrade" is marketing smoke and mirrors. A DV1 in Nov will cost $100 less than the "promo" in Jan. The $1000 OBC is really the only part that makes this attractive in any way but you could be paying up to $1000 more for the room than in Nov-Dec. Prices go back up in 2025, so the sweet spot seems to be late 2024 without a promo code.

Yup!  That's what I discovered.  Was looking at promo code cruises for fall 2024 - like the Antiquities one you guys took.

Here's hoping that there will be future sales.  Perhaps they are doing this to get rid of the PV and DV rooms that are not as desirable.

6 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The $1000 OBC is really the only part that makes this attractive in any way but you could be paying up to $1000 more for the room than in Nov-Dec. Prices go back up in 2025, so the sweet spot seems to be late 2024 without a promo code.

When you “price and build”, look carefully for a blue star in the row for the sail date in question. As the footnote indicates, only those sailings get the promo. So if you don’t see the Star, not only don’t you get the upgrade, you don’t get the OBC either. Whether or not we like it, Viking has every right to offer discounts for specific sailings - usually cruises happening soon. I received this same promo code in email and here you were told which sailings had the discount:

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031423_voc_mes23/itin_1.jpg
Amazon & Caribbean Adventure

Manaus to San Juan

Complimentary $1,000
Shipboard Credit Per Couple
Plus, FREE Stateroom Upgrade

Departures:
Nov & Dec 2023; Jan & Mar 2024

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031423_voc_mes23/itin_2.jpg
South America & the Chilean Fjords

Santiago to Buenos Aires

Complimentary $1,000

Departures:
Dec 2023; Jan & Feb 2024

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031423_voc_mes23/itin_3.jpg
Hawaiian Islands Sojourn

Los Angeles to Los Angeles

Complimentary $1,000

Departures:
Dec 12 & 28, 2023; Feb 14, 2024

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031423_voc_mes23/itin_4.jpg
North Pacific Passage

Tokyo to Vancouver

Complimentary $1,000

Departures:
Sep 17, 2023; Apr 23, 2024

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031423_voc_mes23/itin_5.jpg
Grand Hawaii & Polynesia

Los Angeles to Los Angeles

Complimentary $1,000

Departures:
Nov 10, 2023; Jan 13, 2024

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

• Like 1

Great deal if you could go this May or June and don’t mind a fishbowl cabin….

5 DAYS ONLY

SAVE ON EUROPEAN RIVER VOYAGES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031823_vrc_fls/hero.jpg

All-inclusive Voyages from $2,199* 
Plus, FREE International Airfare 

ASK FOR OFFER: FLS

CHECK AVAILABILITY

ENDS MAR 22, 2023

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031823_vrc_fls/itin_1.jpg
Danube Waltz

Passau to Budapest

FREE International Airfare

Departures: May & June 2023

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$2,199*

FROM

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031823_vrc_fls/itin_2.jpg
Romantic Danube

Regensburg to Budapest

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$2,199*

FROM

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031823_vrc_fls/itin_3.jpg
Rhine Getaway

Amsterdam to Basel

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$2,199*

FROM

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031823_vrc_fls/itin_4.jpg
Grand European Tour

Amsterdam to Budapest

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$3,499*

FROM

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/vrc/contentlibrary/2023_campaigns/march_2023/031823_vrc_fls/itin_5.jpg
Elegant Elbe

Berlin to Prague

DAYS

COUNTRIES

$2,799*

FROM

• Like 2

Free air and SS on select river cruises:

Offer SGM23:

Offer valid on bookings made from Mar 1 to Mar 31, 2023. Free international airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on Jul-Nov 2023 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz; Grand European Tour; Lyon & Provence; Paris to the Swiss Alps. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Mar 31, 2023; pay in full by April 30, 2023 or at 90 days prior to departure (whichever comes first).  Offer expires Mar 31, 2023. 

As a follow up to my earlier post as I know a world cruise is not for everyone but if you are considering this at all then this one is worth considering.  We chose Viking Sky because of the offer over Viking Neptune even though most wc's chose Neptune as it is the newer ship.  We booked a DV2 for the price of a V2 a $19k savings per person plus an additional savings of $1.2k on insurance per person.  One reduction in savings over earlier wc pricing was we are receiving $1k excursion credit versus $2k in previous offers.  Overall we netted a $19.2k savings per person.  Viking could still sweeten the offer at a later date but we felt this might be as good as it gets.  We are receiving all the usual wc perks such as ss, free business or first class air, gratuities paid, luggage forward, visa service and $1k shipboard credit plus an additional $1k for previous Viking patrons and $1k for for excursion credit.  There were 2 DV1 rooms available which would have been an additional savings of $4k per person but we are comfortable with our selection of DV2.  As additional tidbit we were on Viking Neptune's initial voyage originating in Istanbul and took it all the way to Fort Lauderdale where it embarked on the current wc.  It was brand new but all Viking ships are almost identical.  We have previously been on Viking Sun for two 40 plus sailing days before that ship was sold to China.  Very glad to have found this post and thank you Clay for originating it. 

•  
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tomv2950 said:

As a follow up to my earlier post as I know a world cruise is not for everyone but if you are considering this at all then this one is worth considering.  We chose Viking Sky because of the offer over Viking Neptune even though most wc's chose Neptune as it is the newer ship.  We booked a DV2 for the price of a V2 a $19k savings per person plus an additional savings of $1.2k on insurance per person.  One reduction in savings over earlier wc pricing was we are receiving $1k excursion credit versus $2k in previous offers.  Overall we netted a $19.2k savings per person.  Viking could still sweeten the offer at a later date but we felt this might be as good as it gets.  We are receiving all the usual wc perks such as ss, free business or first class air, gratuities paid, luggage forward, visa service and $1k shipboard credit plus an additional $1k for previous Viking patrons and $1k for for excursion credit.  There were 2 DV1 rooms available which would have been an additional savings of $4k per person but we are comfortable with our selection of DV2.  As additional tidbit we were on Viking Neptune's initial voyage originating in Istanbul and took it all the way to Fort Lauderdale where it embarked on the current wc.  It was brand new but all Viking ships are almost identical.  We have previously been on Viking Sun for two 40 plus sailing days before that ship was sold to China.  Very glad to have found this post and thank you Clay for originating it. 

•  

You’re most welcome, just wish we were joining you.   Someday!

• Like 1

River Sale. 3 days only or did we miss it earlier?

Free International Air

Reduced Fares

Offer Code: RM23

Expires March 31, 2023

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/cruise-destinations/europe/index.html?promoCode=RM23

Offer RM23:

Offer valid on bookings made from Mar 29 to Mar 31, 2023.

Cruise from $3,599 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Passage to Eastern Europe in category F; cruise from $3,299 per person based on select Nov 2023 departures of Cities of Light in category F; cruise from $3,199 per person based on select Jun 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium in category F; cruise from $2,499 per person based on select July 2023 departures of Châteaux, Rivers & Wine in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Mar 31, 2023; pay in full by Apr 30, 2023 or at least 90 days prior to departure (whichever comes first). Offer expires Mar 31, 2023.

Air Promo:

FREE international airfare based on

Jun-Sep 2023 departures of Passage to Eastern Europe;

Sep-Nov 2023 departures of Cities of Light;

Jun 2023 departures of Holland & Belgium.

$499 international airfare based on

Jun-Nov 2023 departures of Châteaux, Rivers & Wine.

Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer RM23. Offer expires Mar 31, 2023.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deec said:

Anything new for April?

So far crickets.  I noticed that I usually receive Viking's promo emails on Tuesdays & Thursdays.  Flash sales emails pop-up whenever the flash sales start.

• Thanks 1

we are considering joining friends on  British Isle Cruise for May 2024.  We will not be aboard Viking Ocean until January so can't get the "onboard" pricing until then and probably the V category will be sold out...hoping for a great deal to show up soon!

1 hour ago, deec said:

we are considering joining friends on  British Isle Cruise for May 2024.  We will not be aboard Viking Ocean until January so can't get the "onboard" pricing until then and probably the V category will be sold out...hoping for a great deal to show up soon!

Hate to tell you this, but British Isles is Viking’s most popular cruise. Honestly, your chances of getting a deal are slim - meanwhile, your chances of May sailings selling out by January unfortunately are good. We’re going at the end of May and ours has been sold out over a year.

• Thanks 1

$25 Deposits are back on both Ocean & River.  

Ocean doesn't have a promo code.  Click through link above to Viking's site.

River Promo Code EBD

Expires 4/30/2023

Offer EBD: Offer valid on bookings made from Apr 3 to Apr 30, 2023. Cruise from $1,999 per person based on Mar 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway in category F; cruise from $3,499 per person based on Nov 2024 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps in category F; cruise from $3,499 per person based on Mar & Nov departures of Cities of Light in category F; cruise from $3,999 per person based on Oct 2024 departures of Holland & Belgium in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Book by Apr 30, 2023; pay in full by Jun 15, 2023. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023.

Air Promo: 

FREE international airfare based on

select Mar & Nov 2024 departures of Cities of Light;

Oct 2024 departures of Holland & Belgium.

$599 international airfare based on

select Mar 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway;

Nov 2024 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps.

Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer EBD. Offer expires Apr 30, 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surprise in the mailbox!  The actual, USPS, mailbox.  Received my 1st ever Viking brochure in print!  Anyhow, there is a promo for Ocean cruises valid for April in addition to the $25 deposit.

$500 or $1000 onboard credit

Offer Code LCT23

Based my flipping through the brochure, $500 OBC offer on all European & Americas/Caribbean cruises under 20 days.  $1000 OBC offer on all European & Americas/Caribbean cruises over 20 days, and all Asia & Australia cruises.  Code appears to work all dates between now to 2025.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selion said:

Surprise in the mailbox!  The actual, USPS, mailbox.  Received my 1st ever Viking brochure in print!  Anyhow, there is a promo for Ocean cruises valid for April in addition to the $25 deposit.

Offer Code LCT23

Based my flipping through the brochure, $500 OBC offer on all European & Americas/Caribbean cruises under 20 days.  $1000 OBC offer on all European & Americas/Caribbean cruises over 20 days, and all Asia & Australia cruises.  Code appears to work all dates between now to 2025.

Congratulations. 
Expect to get 2-4 a week from now on. 

They could cut the price of their cruises by 25% if they didn’t spend so much crating and mailing booklets and brochures. Could probably reforest a good chunk of the Amazon as well. 

The same goes for Oceania. 

• Haha 1

Not sure if this qualifies as a "promo code", but I just booked the new Viking Malta, Morocco and Med cruise for Feb. 2025.  I also have a cruise booked in 2024.  Because I had a cruise booked, they were able to push my final payment to 6 months out.  It was a year+ before I requested it.  You must request it and tell them where you found out about it.  Telling them CC will work.  I find this to be a huge benefit, especially with the $25pp deposit.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Selion said:

Offer Code LCT23

Selion -

We never get Ocean brochures even though we request just them, Instead we get River & Expedition even though we ask not to.  Go figure!

surprised it is good for 2025.  Wonder how you verify that?  I may give Viking a phone call to see.  (Because if you do a price and build, they certainly don't show the OBC's in there).