Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

Hi all,

Just got back from our first river cruise and loved it!  

Any idea when Viking generally has the best deals?  Last time we snagged free airfare and free beverage package.  I'm assuming deals will be surfacing around the holidays ( Nov/Dec )...but just wanted to check with the gurus here.  😁

And please...could we cut the arguing about the free airfare?  It did work out exceptionally well for us...but I do understand that some have issues.  I think a lot of it has to do with location, etc... 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, sting1st said:

Not a scam. Just provide the offer code. I’m seeing the same pricing on viking.com through the ‘price and build’ feature. 

I tried to price something with an offer code, booking online, and I couldn’t find where/when the code would be entered. Does it only work if booking over the phone?

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Anybody up for the World Cruise?  Have to leave from LA.  Wonder if all the usual perks still apply?

IMG_8055.png

IMG_8056.png

IMG_8057.png

50 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Hmmmm, appears this may be a scam.  I've been on the phone with Viking for over thirty minutes trying to confirm if this is a real promo and they are having trouble locating it.  

Will post what I find out. 

46 minutes ago, deec said:

Good Luck!!!  Great price if it true!!!  Keeping fingers crossed for you1

29 minutes ago, Selion said:

Well, WCS23 has an updated page on Viking site with 8/31 expiration date: https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/WCS23/20230224.html

6 minutes ago, Teryle said:

True Wcs23 Jan 9 is Neptune

$39999 business air upgrade

sweet deal. Wish we could be away that long. 

It's real. Now just need to decide if we are willing to move so quickly....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, May B said:

I tried to price something with an offer code, booking online, and I couldn’t find where/when the code would be entered. Does it only work if booking over the phone?

Offer codes can be used online and by phone. Go to Viking.com > Select the Cruise > Select ‘Price & Build’ > Select a Date> and right above the Date options you’ll see a box to input the offer code > Input the code & Select ‘Apply’  

Hope this helps. 

50 minutes ago, Selion said:

Well, WCS23 has an updated page on Viking site with 8/31 expiration date: https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/WCS23/20230224.html

Yep, just found it also.  Would like to be on new ship but many more stateroom categories available at the promo price on Star. 🤔

10 minutes ago, Teryle said:

YES!

21 minutes ago, luvdvc said:

I just chatted with Viking and they confirmed the usuals perks are included with the World Cruise promo WSC23.  That’s a fantastic deal!

Ok...you have me interested.  What are these "usual perks"?  

4 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

For the World Cruises… Free business class airfare. Complimentary visa service and silver spirits package. Shipboard credit and ground transfers, to name a few. 

Edited by sting1st
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sting1st said:

For the World Cruises… Free business class airfare. Complimentary visa service and silver spirits package. Shipboard credit and ground transfers, to name a few. 

Gratuities?

----------

We already have a nearly three month trip, then a total solar eclipse cruise planned during this period, ot I might jump on the deal. We have stuff planned for early 2025, as well. Maybe I'll try not to plan anything for early 2036, and hope for a deal like this to pop up in norhtern summer of 2024???

50 minutes ago, sting1st said:

The wcs23 promo code has been active since at least 3/2023 on Viking Sky (see my post #580 and #584) but at that time it was $5k more than present offer ($50k for boarding in Fort Lauderdale and $45k for boarding in LA).  Viking has been rolling this code over every month and at some point they included Neptune in the offer and dropped the price by $5k ($45k for boarding in Fort Lauderdale and $40K for boarding in LA).  I've encouraged all my friends to join us but haven"t convinced anyone yet. 

It has always included all the usual wc perks (business class air, silver spirits, gratuities, luggage forward, visa, $1k excursion credit, $1k shipboard credit plus additional $1k for past Viking guests as well as free upgrade v2 to dv1 for example).  The cruise critic wc roll calls for both Viking Neptune and Sky have been active and are a great source of information as well as Facebook posts for both.  Also the cruise critic roll call for the completed wc for Viking Neptune is extremely informational since that one was two years in the making.  It has 354 pages of posts and some are still contributing.  If considering this may be the best offer but who knows as there is still time before December. 

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, tomv2950 said:

The wcs23 promo code has been active since at least 3/2023 on Viking Sky (see my post #580 and #584) but at that time it was $5k more than present offer ($50k for boarding in Fort Lauderdale and $45k for boarding in LA).  Viking has been rolling this code over every month and at some point they included Neptune in the offer and dropped the price by $5k ($45k for boarding in Fort Lauderdale and $40K for boarding in LA).  I've encouraged all my friends to join us but haven"t convinced anyone yet. 

It has always included all the usual wc perks (business class air, silver spirits, gratuities, luggage forward, visa, $1k excursion credit, $1k shipboard credit plus additional $1k for past Viking guests as well as free upgrade v2 to dv1 for example).  The cruise critic wc roll calls for both Viking Neptune and Sky have been active and are a great source of information as well as Facebook posts for both.  Also the cruise critic roll call for the completed wc for Viking Neptune is extremely informational since that one was two years in the making.  It has 354 pages of posts and some are still contributing.  If considering this may be the best offer but who knows as there is still time before December. 

I knew there had been a previous offer but this one got below the $40k mark (for LA embarkation) and therefore caught my eye...didn't realize it was the same promo code.  One difference between it and booking early is there is an additional $1000 credit offered for the 2024-24 cruises-I seem to recall that when originally announced there was a total of $4000 credit offered rather than the $3000 offered if you book it now (with or without the promo). 

1 hour ago, farmecologist said:

1 hour ago, sting1st said:

39 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Gratuities?

----------

We already have a nearly three month trip, then a total solar eclipse cruise planned during this period, ot I might jump on the deal. We have stuff planned for early 2025, as well. Maybe I'll try not to plan anything for early 2036, and hope for a deal like this to pop up in norhtern summer of 2024???

WORLD CRUISE EXCLUSIVE:

• Business Class air1
  • Ground transfers to and from the ship; private car transfer for Owner's Suite or Explorer's Suite
  • All onboard gratuities and service fees
  • Our Silver Spirits beverage package, including virtually all drinks on board
  • Complimentary visa service2
  • Free luggage shipping services for embarkation

2024 Viking World Journeys Guests will receive:

• $1,000 per person shore excursions credit, which can be used toward optional shore excursions or overland tours
  • $1,000 per person shipboard credit, which can be used toward spa services, onboard shops & laundry
  • Additional $1,000 per person shipboard credit for all Viking Explorer Society Members
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I knew there had been a previous offer but this one got below the $40k mark (for LA embarkation) and therefore caught my eye...didn't realize it was the same promo code.  One difference between it and booking early is there is an additional $1000 credit offered for the 2024-24 cruises-I seem to recall that when originally announced there was a total of $4000 credit offered rather than the $3000 offered if you book it now (with or without the promo). 

You are correct if you had booked before Viking offered the promo code wcs23 in addition to the usual wc perks you received $2k excursion credit plus $1k shipboard credit plus an additional $1k for past Viking guests.  However even at the lowest category of v2 the fare was $60k for boarding in Fort Lauderdale and $73K for a dv1.  We gladly gave up $1k in excursion credits for a savings of $19k for a dv2 and almost an additional $1k on the insurance.  That savings is an additional $5k now and you have to double those savings for both you and yours.  Clay we thank you for that savings for starting this roll call and to our friend who made us aware of this post. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

WORLD CRUISE EXCLUSIVE:

• Business Class air1
  • Ground transfers to and from the ship; private car transfer for Owner's Suite or Explorer's Suite
  • All onboard gratuities and service fees
  • Our Silver Spirits beverage package, including virtually all drinks on board
  • Complimentary visa service2
  • Free luggage shipping services for embarkation

2024 Viking World Journeys Guests will receive:

• $1,000 per person shore excursions credit, which can be used toward optional shore excursions or overland tours
  • $1,000 per person shipboard credit, which can be used toward spa services, onboard shops & laundry
  • Additional $1,000 per person shipboard credit for all Viking Explorer Society Members

😱 Insane price!!!

• Like 1

Clay's post prompted discussion with dw.  We're on the 32 night Grand Polynesia this Nov which  overlaps with a good piece of wc.  She admits doing Polynesia decreases likelihood of taking future world cruise but doesn't know if she's mentally prepared for 120 days at sea.  Price and inclusions are enticing though.  Might call and ask if Viking would let me switch without 20% penalty.

• Like 4

Today’s email: offer MA23

Also received a catalog of just the Mississippi sailings. That is something new.

FEATURED MISSISSIPPI VOYAGES

Grand Mississippi Voyage

NEW ITINERARY

Grand Mississippi Voyage

2‌2 DA‌YS | New Orleans to St. Paul

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $2‌5 Deposit
O‌n Ju‌n–Ju‌l & Se‌p 20‌24 Departures
ASK FOR OFFER: MA23

Discover Vicksburg, site of the Civil War’s most pivotal battle, in Mississippi and delve into music history at the Memphis Rock ‘N’ Soul Museum in Tennessee.

Heart of the Delta

Heart of the Delta

1‌2 DA‌YS | New Orleans to Memphis

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $25 Deposit
On F‌eb–Ju‌n & No‌v 20‌24 Departures

Learn how to make Louisiana-style seafood gumbo at a cooking demonstration in Darrow and explore Elvis Presley’s opulent Graceland estate in Memphis.

America’s Heartland

America’s Heartland

1‌2 D‌AYS | St. Louis to Twin Cities

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $2‌5 Deposit
On A‌ug & Se‌p 20‌24 Departures

Visit Mark Twain’s childhood home with its famous white picket fence in Missouri and tour the real-life “Field of Dreams,” made famous by the classic film, in Iowa.

New Orleans and Southern Charms

New Orleans & Southern Charms

8‌ DA‌YS | New Orleans to New Orleans

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $25 Deposit
On N‌ov & D‌ec 20‌24 Departures

Savor the flavors of Cajun cuisine in Baton Rouge and enjoy a classic Southern cocktail at the Monmouth Inn in Natchez, the oldest city on the Mississippi.

America’s Great River

America’s Great River

1‌5 DA‌YS | St. Paul to New Orleans

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Stateroom Upgrade
Plus, $2‌5 Deposit
On Ju‌l 20‌24 Departures

Browse the interactive exhibits at the B.B. King Museum in Mississippi and discover the inspiring stories of iconic civil rights heroes in Tennessee.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kabeeo said:

Looking to book an Ocean Cruise for Next July/August. Is it best to wait a bit until some type of 2024 promos are issued? Thanks.

IMO most of the summer 2024 promos have already expired or are currently active. Summer is peak season and the discounts are typically for under booked itineraries, low season, repositioning cruises, short notice, or more than 1 year out. If you look at the current summer 2024 sailings (do a fake booking to see what is available, then exit), the popular ones are filling up. If you see something you want at a discount, I would not wait.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I checked the insurance for a World Cruise....yikes...no wonder it is no longer included.  We also received free medical from the ship and free laundry.  The included laundry spoiled me for furture cruises.  So thankful we did the WC when we did.