Random thought and now curious

RTR 21-0

When recently selecting our seats for our flight next year I started thinking about which side we normally choose seats, whether pre-booked or seat selection the day of flight such as Southwest.  I realized we, or rather I should say I as hubby usually follows me onboard, always gravitate toward the right side of the plane (facing the front of the plane).  I can't think of no other reason other than I'm right-handed.  Even thinking about the times I've sat on the left side, I felt a little off.  So strange, but I'm wondering, what side do most of you venture toward and why?  

Port side, aisle, because boarding, and therefore disembarking, door is portside.

So I may be quicker off the plane, not necessarily because I'm in a rush to get somewhere but I'm usually in a rush to get up and walk somewhere to stretch my legs.

• Like 1

Thinking about the Op question, I  like window seats. I usually sit on right side of plane facing front. I am right handed, so my right arm has the whole arm rest . Sitting on port side, the middle seat passenger gets the arm rest , so my right arm  is in my lap.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

When recently selecting our seats for our flight next year I started thinking about which side we normally choose seats, whether pre-booked or seat selection the day of flight such as Southwest.  I realized we, or rather I should say I as hubby usually follows me onboard, always gravitate toward the right side of the plane (facing the front of the plane).  I can't think of no other reason other than I'm right-handed.  Even thinking about the times I've sat on the left side, I felt a little off.  So strange, but I'm wondering, what side do most of you venture toward and why?  

Left side if I have a window seat, but rights side if I have an aisle ... I am left-handed; I like that arm to have free movement.

• Like 1

The seating configuration of the air craft has some influence on my seating preference.  The duration of the flight may also have some influence.  Window seat?  I prefer the left side because I have some hearing loss in my left ear and can more easily hear the flight attendant or a seat mate on my right side.  Aisle seat in the middle section of a plane?  The right side.  Aisle seat on a one corridor air craft?  The right side.  

• Like 1

I like a window seat on the left side. This enables me to suck over into the window/side of the plane. It leaves my right arm free to move and do whatever. I don't need the arm rest and leave it to the person in the middle seat next to me.

• Like 1

I almost universally choose left side (or port) on a plane if I am able to choose.  And for some reason I always try to book the port side of the ship!  I'm sure that is an indicator of some deep-rooted mental issue! 😄

• Haha 2

My Brother was a Band Director and a chaperone for a High School band that was flying to Europe for some concerts.  The other chaperones and he chose window seats on the right side of the plane for the purpose of trying to observe the loading of luggage into its holds (this was before the containerized luggage containers were in wide use).  They did this to try to be certain that no instruments remained behind.  The instruments did arrive in London the same time they did.   

• Like 1