Bottled water for cabin

NukeTim

Any recommendations on best way / value for getting bottled water for our cabin?  We have the signature beverage package; so can we just ask for small bottles from a bar to take back? Seems like a hassle and a waste of one or two of our 15 daily beverages.  Is it better to just take it out of the room minibar?  Precruise purchased water packages seem expensive.  I saw than you cannot bring any water in a plastic container on board at any port. P.S. my wife will not drink the water out of the tap.  Suggestions?

56 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Nothing wrong with the water that comes from the tap.

I understand that the tap water is safe to drink. I think it tastes awful, and choose not to drink it.  YMMV, but not everyone finds the tap water palatable.

To OP - you and wife have 15 beverages each. If she doesn’t like the tap water, she can either use her beverage card, tell them she wants to pay for it or take the ones from the minibar (I think it’s the same price as at the bar).  

Too bad they don’t have a service I’ve used on other lines where you can have a 12 or 24 pack of water delivered to the cabin at the start of the cruise.  It was very easy.

• Like 3

We like sparkling water, so every day we got at least four from the bar. We never came close to hitting our 15 drink limit, which also includes specialty coffees. We did get quite a few sparkling waters on day one. We didn’t board until 3pm. 
Denise

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jm485 said:

I understand that the tap water is safe to drink. I think it tastes awful, and choose not to drink it.  YMMV, but not everyone finds the tap water palatable.

To OP - you and wife have 15 beverages each. If she doesn’t like the tap water, she can either use her beverage card, tell them she wants to pay for it or take the ones from the minibar (I think it’s the same price as at the bar).  

Too bad they don’t have a service I’ve used on other lines where you can have a 12 or 24 pack of water delivered to the cabin at the start of the cruise.  It was very easy.

They do have such a package you can find under your booking on the HAL website -> Cruise Activities -> Beverages tab: 

Water Packages –
12 Bottle Open Water Package - 12 16-ounce premium aluminum bottles of OPEN WATER, an electrolyte-packed purified bottled water delivered to your stateroom. $49.56

6 Bottle Acqua Panna Water Package - 6 1 Liter glass bottles of Acqua Panna, premium natural spring water delivered to your stateroom.. $28.3

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We just returned from a cruise on another line where 3 or 4 large glass containers of water (sparkling if you wanted it) were automatically refilled every time the cabin steward came by.  You could also take those containers all over the ship and refill yourselves if you wanted (no charge).  I know it isn't the case with a lot of lines, but it seems that water should not factor into an additional cost.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NukeTim said:

Any recommendations on best way / value for getting bottled water for our cabin?  We have the signature beverage package; so can we just ask for small bottles from a bar to take back? Seems like a hassle and a waste of one or two of our 15 daily beverages.  Is it better to just take it out of the room minibar?  Precruise purchased water packages seem expensive.  I saw than you cannot bring any water in a plastic container on board at any port. P.S. my wife will not drink the water out of the tap.  Suggestions?

=====

We get 1 Liter Still Water (Jan 2022 they had Aqua Panna) from the coffee bar and take it back to our room.   I will soon find out if you can use Have It All to get the water no charge.   I  do not drink alcohol nor coffee.   Using up expiring credits for Have It All.   Anyone want to trade water for beer?  just kidding.

Peter

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, NukeTim said:

We never used our 15 daily beverages on our recent cruise. I don't care for the water out of the tap either so using the package worked for us.   Each night we each got a couple of cans of water from the bar to take to our room. I probably had a couple waters during the day also. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dog said:

What drinks are included in have it all package?

As discussed in the many drink package threads, all drinks under $11. A quick search of those threads will find the drink menus, including the hard alcohols. The list is pretty comprehensive of types of booze and drinks.

12 hours ago, NukeTim said:

You can no longer get "bottled" water with the package but you can get "canned" water. I found that out on my last cruise  The large bottles of water should be in your cabin and can be ordered for replacement easily.  The other issue I had with the drink package was that I like Pellegrino water at dinner and I had to pay for that as it was not included in the package.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anything I have found about the Have It All package $50/day/ pp is vague.

are sodas in cans, for this package? 

Does can/ glass bottle water count as one of my 15 day limit? 

I  appreciate the answers as I am new to this, just booked & will be calling to add package today, as offer expires tomorrow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The first day on board you probably won't get close to your 15 drinks. Grab a couple of cans of water, and refill them from the tap. Nothing wrong with the water that comes from the tap.

Most if not all water comes in a pop top can for lack of a better word.  They can be refilled but you’ll be holding it in your hand because there is no screw top on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dog said:

Anything I have found about the Have It All package $50/day/ pp is vague.

are sodas in cans, for this package? 

Does can/ glass bottle water count as one of my 15 day limit? 

I  appreciate the answers as I am new to this, just booked & will be calling to add package today, as offer expires tomorrow.

Yes, sodas in cans are in your package. Yes, water and sodas count against your 15 drinks per day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Florida_gal_50 said:

Most if not all water comes in a pop top can for lack of a better word.  They can be refilled but you’ll be holding it in your hand because there is no screw top on it.

There were screw top bottle shaped cans on KDam in March. I used one for days, took it to gym, etc. As did my wife.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jm485 said:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

There were screw top bottle shaped cans on KDam in March. I used one for days, took it to gym, etc. As did my wife.

Those aluminium bottles of water are no longer covered by the standard package.  The latest rule is that bottled water over 12 oz is excluded.

1094450483_Screenshot2022-07-06194240.jpg.2cd90b177f21a8f81fd1aebd2e245941.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the image, it was a photo of the card in our stateroom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

They were in demand on the K in March.  I know people were looking for them.  Maybe its just a problem in the cheap seats.

38 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Those aluminium bottles of water are no longer covered by the standard package.  The latest rule is that bottled water over 12 oz is excluded.

1094450483_Screenshot2022-07-06194240.jpg.2cd90b177f21a8f81fd1aebd2e245941.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the image, it was a photo of the card in our stateroom

When was this cruise? What was the situation with 12 oz or less containers of water? Cans? Bottles (metal or plastic)? other?

Will be on Statendam in 10 days.

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

When was this cruise? What was the situation with 12 oz or less containers of water? Cans? Bottles (metal or plastic)? other?

Will be on Statendam in 10 days.

Cruise was last month.

Cans of water were available.  Pull ring to open, but not resealable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nptss said:

I like having the 1 gallon of distilled water, for $2.95, delivered to my cabin.

I hope you are kidding and not drinking it, but use it for your CPAP instead.

• Like 1