Positive Experience with RapidTestAndTrace

Wife and I took our tests this morning and it could not have gone more smoothly. Before scheduling, I asked via live chat if we could both get monitored at the same time by one proctor even though you have to schedule two separate appointments. I was told absolutely, just let the proctor know. We did and it went just as I was told.

Prior to the appointment, they sent numerous reminders via e-mail and text with a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. You don't have to download Teams if you don't want to though, simply click on "open in browser" after clicking the provided link.

We used free iHealth rapid antigen tests provided by the government (from our stockpile) but they will let you use any FDA approved test.

Our proctor (a registered nurse) was very friendly and professional. She double checked all our information and made sure to ask if we had any questions throughout the process. She also stayed online while she sent the PDF results via e-mail and had us go over the info to ensure it was all correct before ending the session.

Cost was $20 per person.

Just wanted to share my experience. I'm not trying to convince anyone to use this service. Everyone should use whatever testing method they feel comfortable with.

If you are interested, here's a link... https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent.  I think this is what we do for our August cruise.   How far in advance could you schedule your appt.?

I scheduled mine maybe 10-14 days out but it looks like you can schedule all the way into August right now. They have a preview calendar on the site you can use to check for availability before actually making an appointment.

On a related note, their first appointment time is 8am et. That was our preference but it was unavailable when I first booked. I checked back a few days later and it was available so I rescheduled our appointments from 8:15 & 8:30 to 8:00 & 8:15 using a link in the confirmation e-mail. It was all automated and very simple.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry, one more question.  Did you use cell phone or would it be better to use laptop if we 2 of us at same time?

I used my laptop. I think it's easier to use a laptop just for the large screen but a phone would definitely work as long as you have a stand or lean it on something while you use 2 hands to open the test kit and perform the test. Anything the proctor asks to see (ID, test result, etc.) needs to be held up to the camera either way so it's probably just personal preference.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this info.  We were planning on ordering tests from eMed, but this sounds like a better alternative since we already have the government tests.   I see we can schedule tests for 8/19, which is two days before boarding.  We will already be in Cape Canaveral; no laptops, but if a phone can be used, we will use a ipad for a larger screen!

Thanks again.

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ky Bill said:

Please let us know how check in went.

I have no reason to expect any issues given how many reports I have read and my personal previous experience with how little scrutiny was given to my covid test (from Walgreens) on 5/29. I can't promise I'll update after I board on Friday but if you don't hear from me you can safely assume everything went smoothly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wife and I took our tests this morning and it could not have gone more smoothly. Before scheduling, I asked via live chat if we could both get monitored at the same time by one proctor even though you have to schedule two separate appointments. I was told absolutely, just let the proctor know. We did and it went just as I was told.

Prior to the appointment, they sent numerous reminders via e-mail and text with a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. You don't have to download Teams if you don't want to though, simply click on "open in browser" after clicking the provided link.

We used free iHealth rapid antigen tests provided by the government (from our stockpile) but they will let you use any FDA approved test.

Our proctor (a registered nurse) was very friendly and professional. She double checked all our information and made sure to ask if we had any questions throughout the process. She also stayed online while she sent the PDF results via e-mail and had us go over the info to ensure it was all correct before ending the session.

Cost was $20 per person.

Just wanted to share my experience. I'm not trying to convince anyone to use this service. Everyone should use whatever testing method they feel comfortable with.

If you are interested, here's a link... https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

Can this service be used outside the country?  We will need a test done in Italy. 

Just now, jerseygirl3 said:

Can this service be used outside the country?  We will need a test done in Italy. 

I believe so as it's actually a Canadian company and they have contact info listed for Canada, USA, and Australia. Our proctor was in Ontario.

Their live chat was very helpful and quick to respond. Ask them.

Thank you for the info Mike. It is great information for our September cruise. My only question is, did you and your wife schedule the appointments for the same time?  

I had been wondering if I could use the free test kits the government sent, but reading the fine print on the box, it states that it is not FDA approved. Something to be aware of.  

Again, thank you for the info.

Eric

Great info, Mike!  I was considering OnPoint, but with all the problems reported about their proctors having communication difficulties, I think I'll go with RadpidTestAndTrace - especially being that is was proctored by an actual nurse in Canada.  

27 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I used it in the UK in May.  Just be sure your test results PDF has the correct date/time & zone for your location.  It took my proctor (and my brother's proctor) several tries before us telling them exactly what to put on the report.

21 minutes ago, Pav said:

Thank you for the info Mike. It is great information for our September cruise. My only question is, did you and your wife schedule the appointments for the same time?  

I had been wondering if I could use the free test kits the government sent, but reading the fine print on the box, it states that it is not FDA approved. Something to be aware of.  

Eric

The government tests are fine.  While they are not FDA approved, they are approved under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Do they check the expiry of the test and are they up to date on the extension dates of various tests or is this likely to be a problem?

We used a test that was past the original expiration date but not expired due to the extension with no issue. I had other test kits dated further out just in case but obviously didn't need them.

24 minutes ago, Pav said:

Eric

I scheduled two consecutive times (15 minutes apart) and even had different proctors (their name comes with the confirmation e-mail) but I just told the the 1st one we'd like to be tested together and she accommodated us no problem, just as I was told via live chat.

Are you sure you're not misunderstanding what's printed on the test kit box? I just read the back of another iHealth test kit (you may have a different type of course) and after it says not FDA approved, it says it is authorized under the EUA (emergency use authorization). I believe this is the same way vaccines were approved so quickly and I can't imagine the government sent you unapproved tests.

Edited by OCSC Mike

2 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

What is the latest you can proctor as we will need to do on a Friday and we all will be working that day and won't be home?

Check the calendar on their site.

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

after it says not FDA approved, it says it is authorized under the EUA (emergency use authorization).

Yes Mike that is exactly what mine said also, but I just (mis)interpreted the not FDA approved statement, as a no-go for the proctored test.

4 minutes ago, Pav said:

Yes Mike that is exactly what mine said also, but I just (mis)interpreted the not FDA approved statement, as a no-go for the proctored test.

That was my guess. You're good to go as far as the test kit is concerned.