Cable lock for pool chair?

zitsky

I'll be on the Celebrity Reflection.  Not sure that matters.  I'm looking for a locking case for an iPhone 13 Pro Max.  I may just keep it in the safe but it would be nice to have it near by to listen to music.  Then lock it if both of us go into the pool or hot tub.  I found this on Amazon but it looks a little too small.  I'll keep searching but thought I'd see if anyone has found something similar.  I did a search on the forum but I got too many results that didn't seem helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/Helix-Personal-Safe-Tether-61019/dp/B000GOYCYU/ref=asc_df_B000GOYCYU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167139376298&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5100419910959832542&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021085&hvtargid=pla-332291304914&psc=1

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I'll be on the Celebrity Reflection.  Not sure that matters.  I'm looking for a locking case for an iPhone 13 Pro Max.  I may just keep it in the safe but it would be nice to have it near by to listen to music.  Then lock it if both of us go into the pool or hot tub.  I found this on Amazon but it looks a little too small.  I'll keep searching but thought I'd see if anyone has found something similar.  I did a search on the forum but I got too many results that didn't seem helpful.

https://www.amazon.com/Helix-Personal-Safe-Tether-61019/dp/B000GOYCYU/ref=asc_df_B000GOYCYU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167139376298&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5100419910959832542&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021085&hvtargid=pla-332291304914&psc=1

You may want to ask/research on the Cruise Technology forum.  It's got a ton of topics about cell phones.   Here's the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/677-cruising-technology/

• Like 1

Modern iPhones are reasonably water resistant. Not that you really want to test it. If the safe thing doesn’t work, I’d get a waterproof lanyard and bring the phone with you to the pool/tub. 

Outside the box ideas: 

- Get one of those plastic phone cases for swimming -- I'm not recommending this one -- it's just the first one I found on Amazon, but I have one, and it works great:  https://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Universal-Waterproof-Cellphone-Samsung/dp/B00LBK7OSY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1WLBCBK7FPFIU&keywords=phone+case+for+swimming&qid=1657727489&sprefix=phone%20case%20for%20swimming%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-5  

- Do you have an old ipod or old phone onto which you could load music?  Something you don't value highly? 

- Install one of those find-my-phone apps so that IF it's lost /taken, you'd be able to track it down.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Zitsky,  That IPhone Pro Max is 6.7 inches long and the safe you posted is only 6" long.  You might be able to get it in at an angle but that is a question.  Our solution on cruises is to simply turn off our phones and lock them in the cabin safe :).  But then I am old (some would say ancient) and still remember the days when we somehow managed to cruise, travel and live before we had cell phones or even the Internet!    We have come a long way when folks are mentally unable to detach themselves from a $1000 phone :).  And I am not knocking you as DW and I also do not go many places without our iPhones.   But on a ship we are still able to go without (at least for a few hours).

Hank

I'll disagree vehemently with your thoughts on phones in today's world.

Old people moan because kids have iPad or phones with them at informal restaurants. 

Really, What did mom and dad do for me in this setting? The restaurants provided crayons and paper to color and do puzzles. All in the interest of keeping the child from becoming restless.

What did people used to do while sitting out and about before? They used to have a book or a newspaper or maybe their Walkman, or going further back, their transistor radio.

Today's phone has only replaced those old and outdated technologies. In my opinion they have improved on those old technologies.

To Zits original question, I agree that the phone may not fit. However, I'm wondering about the example. Isn't that just a replacement of the towel or books people use today to save seats that people already complain about?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Outside the box ideas: 

- Get one of those plastic phone cases for swimming -- I'm not recommending this one -- it's just the first one I found on Amazon, but I have one, and it works great:  https://www.amazon.com/JOTO-Universal-Waterproof-Cellphone-Samsung/dp/B00LBK7OSY/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1WLBCBK7FPFIU&keywords=phone+case+for+swimming&qid=1657727489&sprefix=phone%20case%20for%20swimming%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-5  

- Do you have an old ipod or old phone onto which you could load music?  Something you don't value highly? 

- Install one of those find-my-phone apps so that IF it's lost /taken, you'd be able to track it down.  

Ding ding ding!!!  We have a winner.  I have an old iPod video I was going to get rid of.   I didn’t even think of that!  My partner has always been annoyed that I wasn’t using it.

Thank you for that suggestion.

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ding ding ding!!!  We have a winner.  I have an old iPod video I was going to get rid of.   I didn’t even think of that!  My partner has always been annoyed that I wasn’t using it.

Thank you for that suggestion.

Excellent!  I'm glad to have helped!  I'd still put it under a towel or in a pool tote, but -- if it walks away -- you don't have to care. 

I wouldn't get rid of it after the cruise.  Since it's proving valuable in a small way, I'd keep it for the next cruise.  And it's not something big.  It can fit at the back of your sock/underwear drawer. 

We always take a small tote bag to the pool....I've never been concerned about someone stealing something from it but then again we don't wonder away for very long if at all especially both at the same time.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We always take a small tote bag to the pool....I've never been concerned about someone stealing something from it but then again we don't wonder away for very long if at all especially both at the same time.

Thank you.  I tend to wonder away.  I’m easily distracted.  🥸

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reina del Mar said:

Be careful you are not taken for a chair hog if you wander too far. !!!!!

Really?  Really?  This is what I have to put up with on Cruise Critic?

I know I’m overweight.  But a chair HOG???

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5

On 7/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, zitsky said:

Really?  Really?  This is what I have to put up with on Cruise Critic?

I know I’m overweight.  But a chair HOG???

😂😂😂😂😂😂

A chair hog is someone who leaves possessions on a chair, then leaves. The chair is not available to others, because your possessions are ‘hogging’ it !

37 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

A chair hog is someone who leaves possessions on a chair, then leaves. The chair is not available to others, because your possessions are ‘hogging’ it !

🤣 LOL! Good one! 🤣