Pool or solarium music on Celebrity Reflection?

zitsky

My cruise is late September/early October but I hope to use the main pool or maybe the Solarium.  It's a Mediterranean cruise so maybe it will be warm enough to use the pool.  I was debating whether to leave my phone in the room safe or take it with me to the pool.  Like most people I listen to music from my phone on headphones.  I'm looking around to see if I could find a cable lock for when I go into the pool.

I am wondering if Celebrity normally plays music at the pool?  Is it pleasant, relaxing or is it rock and roll?  And is it loud?

I did a forum search but got too many different results.

There is always background music in the Solarium. It's not that loud. The pool music is usually detailed in the daily schedule. A little more lively DJ with pop/rock in the afternoon and winds down with a singer/guitar duo or something similar later in the afternoon. Mid-afternoon on a sea day it is loud at the main pool.

Solarium music is almost always “new age” — the sort of thing you hear played in a spa — no lyrics, no real tunes — low volume relaxation music

poolside music could be rock, reggae, Jimmy Buffett, almost anything lively and conducive to a party atmosphere, and sometimes it is excessively loud

5 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Solarium music is almost always “new age” — the sort of thing you hear played in a spa — no lyrics, no real tunes — low volume relaxation music

poolside music could be rock, reggae, Jimmy Buffett, almost anything lively and conducive to a party atmosphere, and sometimes it is excessively loud

OMG!!!!   Jimmy Buffett?  I'm canceling my cruise RIGHT NOW!  Ok, maybe I'll listen to his music first.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT:  Does anyone think, it being end of September, will it be hard to find a chair at the Solarium on sea days?  Because it is covered, will it be more busy than the main pool which might be too cold?

Edited by zitsky

26 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I've been listening to Jimmy Buffett for the last 15 minutes.  I want to stab myself in the eye.  

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OMG!!!!   Jimmy Buffett?  I'm canceling my cruise RIGHT NOW!  Ok, maybe I'll listen to his music first.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT:  Does anyone think, it being end of September, will it be hard to find a chair at the Solarium on sea days?  Because it is covered, will it be more busy than the main pool which might be too cold?

Likely not. We did a TA from Rome mid October with various stops in Spain and we sat by the regular pool the whole 14 days. The weather was beautiful. Not many people in the Solarium either, but who knows how yours will be. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Likely not. We did a TA from Rome mid October with various stops in Spain and we sat by the regular pool the whole 14 days. The weather was beautiful. Not many people in the Solarium either, but who knows how yours will be. 

OK thanks.  I have only done one Celebrity cruise and that was a different time of year.  So I wasn't sure what to expect.

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

OK thanks.  I have only done one Celebrity cruise and that was a different time of year.  So I wasn't sure what to expect.

Solarium on a Med cruise will be mostly empty as often to me quite warm.  The music is background music.  No lyrics and certainly not Margaritaville.  I actually cannot remember hearing it much.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Solarium on a Med cruise will be mostly empty as often to me quite warm.  The music is background music.  No lyrics and certainly not Margaritaville.  I actually cannot remember hearing it much.

Thanks.  I just can’t listen to any more Jimmy Buffett.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does anyone think, it being end of September, will it be hard to find a chair at the Solarium on sea days?  Because it is covered, will it be more busy than the main pool which might be too cold?

Not at 8am but by 11 or 12, probably.

My cruise is late September/early October but I hope to use the main pool or maybe the Solarium.  It's a Mediaterranean cruise so maybe it will be warm enough to use the pool.  I was debating whether to leave my phone in the room safe or take it with me to the pool.  Like most people I listen to music from my phone on headphones.  I'm looking around to see if I could find a cable lock for when I go into the pool.

I am wondering if Celebrity normally plays music at the pool?  Is it pleasant, relaxing or is it rock and roll?  And is it loud?

I did a forum search but got too many different results.

Never saw a cable lock at the pool.  I don't put my iPhone in the safe.  Don't worry about those things on a Celebrity cruise.  

September can still be quite warm depending on where you are. 

Solarium typically gets busy by 10-11am. 95% of the people there will have made up cots out of towels and may look like they have....'expired'....but they are just napping. The other 5% will be found shouting at each other trying to hold conversations in the hot tub. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The other 5% will be found shouting at each other trying to hold conversations in the hot tub. 

LOL.  I find the vibe strange myself at times.  My neighbor, he likes Celebrity, he calls the area "the incubator".  

Edited by PTC DAWG