Princess gift cards

EllieinNJ

I had heard that AARP sells Princess gift cards but when I went on their site they only had cards for Carnival and some other lines and not Princess.

Then I saw someone mention a site call Raise.com so checked it out.  They sell Princess gift cards but only 5 percent off instead of 10 percent off.  Has anyone ever used this site or do you have another site that sells them?

2 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I had heard that AARP sells Princess gift cards but when I went on their site they only had cards for Carnival and some other lines and not Princess.

Then I saw someone mention a site call Raise.com so checked it out.  They sell Princess gift cards but only 5 percent off instead of 10 percent off.  Has anyone ever used this site or do you have another site that sells them?

On AARP you have to click on rewards from the menu select ALL rewards abd move down. 

• Like 2

Don't hold me to this...but I *think* the last time that I purchased gift cards through AARP (the Carnival cards) they worked for Princess (since they are a "sub-brand" of Carnival).  Not certain...I definitely purchased cards from AARP...but it *might* have been for a Carnival cruise taken with grandkids.  Dig around a bit...they might work.

2 minutes ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Just yesterday I bought two $500 gift cards on the AARP site (don't have to be a member for Princess cards) for $900. 

Never heard of raise.com

Have you taken these printed gift cards OB and turned them into OBC at GS?

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Don't hold me to this...but I *think* the last time that I purchased gift cards through AARP (the Carnival cards) they worked for Princess (since they are a "sub-brand" of Carnival).  Not certain...I definitely purchased cards from AARP...but it *might* have been for a Carnival cruise taken with grandkids.  Dig around a bit...they might work.

Princess has their own on the aarp site.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Awesome thanks.  So, then you can use them for  OBC and it just comes

off your folio?

Yes. I went down on day two and guest services applied them to our folio; we already had OBC, and they just added it right on top 🙂 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The Carnival cards are Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Cards and are not applicable to any other cruise line subsidiary under Carnival Corporation.

Edited by brisalta
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Have you taken these printed gift cards OB and turned them into OBC at GS?

No. They were delivered electronically so I sent the card numbers and PINs to my TA to use to make final payment for an upcoming sailing I was a few dollars short on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree cards are available, but you need to join the AARP rewards. not necessarily or just AARP.  

Before buying any cards, you need to review the Terms and Conditions, and, as @brisalta point out Carnival cards cannot be used on Princess.  Also be sure to determine if cards can be applied to an existing reservation or only a new one. Once you've bought them, you cannot get your money back if the card doesn't meet your needs.   

Here is the T& C for Carnival 

REDEEMING GIFT CARDS

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases and as deposit to an onboard account. Gift Cards can be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Carnival Cruise Line®, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currency onboard.

The price of each transaction paid for by the Gift Card will be debited against the balance or value on the Gift Card. If the price for a transaction is greater than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the purchaser must pay the difference. If the price for a transaction is less than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the unused portion will remain on the Gift Card until it is redeemed and the value of the Gift Card is decreased to zero, at which time the Gift Card will be deactivated.

Edited by milolii

1 minute ago, milolii said:

Agree cards are available, but you need to join the AARP rewards. not necessarily or just AARP.  

Before buying any cards, you need to review the Terms and Conditions, and, as @brisalta point out Carnival cards cannot be used on Princess.  Also be sure to determine if cards can be applied to an existing reservation or only a new one. Once you've bought them, you cannot get your money back.  

Here is the T& C for Carnival 

REDEEMING GIFT CARDS

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases and as deposit to an onboard account. Gift Cards can be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Carnival Cruise Line®, except onboard those sailings operating in a non-USD functional currency onboard.

The price of each transaction paid for by the Gift Card will be debited against the balance or value on the Gift Card. If the price for a transaction is greater than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the purchaser must pay the difference. If the price for a transaction is less than the balance or value on the Gift Card, the unused portion will remain on the Gift Card until it is redeemed and the value of the Gift Card is decreased to zero, at which time the Gift Card will be deactivated.

Why are you giving terms and conditions for Carnival Cruise Line when this is a Princess Cruise Line discussion?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Why are you giving terms and conditions for Carnival Cruise Line when this is a Princess Cruise Line discussion?

Because of this post, perhaps I wasn't clear.  I was agreeing with you.  Carnival cards work only on Carnival, not Princess.  

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

On AARP you have to click on rewards from the menu select ALL rewards abd move down. 

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

You may need to register to see them at  https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem/#sort-by=default but the Princess Gift Cards are for sale there.

One can apply the Princess Gift Card towards the payment of a fare or just add them to your Captains Circle account..

From what I see in linking to the website, one has to join up in order to see the Rewards and attempt to purchase them.  I am not sure if have to pay the annual AARP member fee (I do not particularly want to join them) in order to order rewards.

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

From what I see in linking to the website, one has to join up in order to see the Rewards and attempt to purchase them.  I am not sure if have to pay the annual AARP member fee (I do not particularly want to join them) in order to order rewards.

You might have to register for the rewards program. Not sure.

But, let me send you the T & C to see if it will work for you. Canada is a little different.

At this time, Princess® Gift Cards are only available for purchase by residents of the United States and Canada.

Please note that Princess® Classic Gift Cards cannot be mailed to Canada so Canadian residents wishing to purchase a Gift Card should select the eGift Card option.

Digital gift cards redeemed by Canadian residents can only be used towards cruise passage for bookings made in US Dollars or onboard all Princess® vessels at the passenger services desk. Princess® Gift Cards cannot be applied towards cruise passage for bookings made in Canadian Dollars.

Gift cards may be used for purchases onboard Princess® Cruise Lines, Ltd. (“Princess®”) vessels or applied as payment to a Princess® cruise booking. This card may not be redeemed for cash, unless required by law. Princess® does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Unauthorized resale prohibited. Complete terms and conditions are available at Princess.com/giftcardterms. Acceptance and/or use of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time. 

Redeeming Gift Cards 

Gift Cards are only redeemable for purchases onboard Princess® ships or applied as payment to a Princess® booking. Gift Cards may be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Princess®. If the Gift Card is redeemed on a Princess® ship where the onboard currency is not based in US Dollars, then the amount of the Gift Card will be converted to the shipboard currency at the foreign exchange rate posted at the Passenger Services Desk. 

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

No. They were delivered electronically so I sent the card numbers and PINs to my TA to use to make final payment for an upcoming sailing I was a few dollars short on. 

That’s what I did also for final payment on a cruise.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is a little confusing, but the way it works is that you have to register for AARP Rewards  in order to see and purchase the gift cards. But registering for “Rewards” is not the same thing as, and does not require joining AARP as a full-fledged, paying member. You can register for Rewards and purchase AARP  discounted gift cards without spending a dime on AARP membership. Yes, there will be plenty of pop-ups and encouragements to join AARP. But you absolutely don’t have to do that. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

It is a little confusing, but the way it works is that you have to register for AARP Rewards  in order to see and purchase the gift cards. But registering for “Rewards” is not the same thing as, and does not require joining AARP as a full-fledged, paying member. You can register for Rewards and purchase AARP  discounted gift cards without spending a dime on AARP membership. Yes, there will be plenty of pop-ups and encouragements to join AARP. But you absolutely don’t have to do that. 

All correct fir US residents. But @Steelers36 may also need to know the following info from the registration page: 
* AARP Rewards is currently only available to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You might have to register for the rewards program. Not sure.

But, let me send you the T & C to see if it will work for you. Canada is a little different.

At this time, Princess® Gift Cards are only available for purchase by residents of the United States and Canada.

Please note that Princess® Classic Gift Cards cannot be mailed to Canada so Canadian residents wishing to purchase a Gift Card should select the eGift Card option.

Digital gift cards redeemed by Canadian residents can only be used towards cruise passage for bookings made in US Dollars or onboard all Princess® vessels at the passenger services desk. Princess® Gift Cards cannot be applied towards cruise passage for bookings made in Canadian Dollars.

Gift cards may be used for purchases onboard Princess® Cruise Lines, Ltd. (“Princess®”) vessels or applied as payment to a Princess® cruise booking. This card may not be redeemed for cash, unless required by law. Princess® does not accept responsibility for cards lost, damaged or stolen, or any unauthorized use of cards. Unauthorized resale prohibited. Complete terms and conditions are available at Princess.com/giftcardterms. Acceptance and/or use of this card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which may change at any time. 

Redeeming Gift Cards 

Gift Cards are only redeemable for purchases onboard Princess® ships or applied as payment to a Princess® booking. Gift Cards may be redeemed for or on any cruise sold or operated by Princess®. If the Gift Card is redeemed on a Princess® ship where the onboard currency is not based in US Dollars, then the amount of the Gift Card will be converted to the shipboard currency at the foreign exchange rate posted at the Passenger Services Desk. 

This is the PCL T&C on cards and not AARP.  It's NP for me to buy PCL gift cards - I would only do the virtual cards anyway and I always book our cruises in USD with my US-based online TA (with super discount!!).  

As for AARP, we have a FL address now (plus my brother lives in MD), so having a US presence is not an issue for me.

I have bought many PCL gift cards before, but would have purchased another 2/3 on the "usual" Valentines or Mothers Day specials, but neither offer ran this year.  No doubt, PCL cannot afford to give away more bonus money.

I might try AARP Reward thing now if I can get one quickly as our final FP Date is approaching soon.

Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

All correct fir US residents. But @Steelers36 may also need to know the following info from the registration page: 
* AARP Rewards is currently only available to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.

Yup, but we have a FL address now and before that, I could use my brother's if necessary.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Yup, but we have a FL address now and before that, I could use my brother's if necessary.

Great on the location issue. Turnaround is usually less than 30 minutes from purchase to delivery. Although AARP told me it could take 24 hours, I have never seen more than 30 minutes. All my purchases have been during normal business hours. Not sure if that matters.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

To register the only physical location identifier you need to use is a zip/postal code but to access rewards you need a US zip code.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1