Discovery Princess - Gigi’s Pizzeria

Italy52

We ordered the Agnolotti our first lunch in Gigi's (7/3) based on reviews here. It was amazing, so cheesy and creamy and luscious, clearly spent a minute under the broiler for some nice browning. I did say that I really couldn't see/taste the veal - it seemed just cheesy/creamy. Second visit and it was the same, just delightful. The third visit the Agnolotti was totally different - the cheese on the top seemed more like parmesan than the expected mozzarella, and the filling was definitely veal. We realized we'd probably been eating, and enjoying, a different cheese Agnolotti (perhaps supply chain issues and they were missing the veal?). We'd loved the substitution so much we were disappointed in the genuine article. We didn't have time for a 4th visit to test our theory and see which Agnolotti we'd receive.

• Thanks 1

ccqueenanne:  Interesting comment about your pizzas.  When we were on the Majestic we had the pizza twice from Alfredos.  Embarkation day the pizza was great.  On another day, the pizza tasted under baked and the sauce was on the runny side. 

20 hours ago, Italy52 said:

ccqueenanne:  Interesting comment about your pizzas.  When we were on the Majestic we had the pizza twice from Alfredos.  Embarkation day the pizza was great.  On another day, the pizza tasted under baked and the sauce was on the runny side. 

We loved Alfredo's on Majestic last November, so really looked forward Gigi's on Discovery.  So disappointed.  The pizza was dry and tough, the soup was lukewarm at best.  

• Thanks 1

It wasn't open on embarkation a few weeks ago, but with 3400 people boarding right across from Gigi's, I think they were just trying to get people to head up to the buffet instead, otherwise too many people would have just stopped at Gigi's and created heavy crowding. After being able to easily get a table at Alfredo's on Majestic, I found there was often long lines at lunch, even on port days, and they only let the manager seat you, which makes things go slow all the time.  I found that the only slack time was on the Juneau port day.  I found it easier to just go to Slice and wait until they get a hot pizza right out of the oven. Instead of waiting at Gigi's, you could also just pay the $3 or whatever to have one delivered. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rj59 said:

I found it easier to just go to Slice and wait until they get a hot pizza right out of the oven. Instead of waiting at Gigi's, you could also just pay the $3 or whatever to have one delivered. 

The Pizzas from Slice, Gigi's/Alfredo's and room service are made in three different places and do not taste the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 7/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, caribill said:

The Pizzas from Slice, Gigi's/Alfredo's and room service are made in three different places and do not taste the same.

Ive always thought that room service pizza is from slice... Is that wrong?

1 hour ago, red4u2 said:

Ive always thought that room service pizza is from slice... Is that wrong?

Slice is only open for a set number of hours each day while room service is open 24 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Slice is only open for a set number of hours each day while room service is open 24 hours.

Thank you. I thought Pizza delivery was for certain hours...not 24.   

5 hours ago, red4u2 said:

I think you are right or at one time it was limited hours. I took a screen shot of the app with pizza and it doesn't show time but maybe it was within the open time.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, red4u2 said:

Room service Pizza is available from 11.00am – 11.00pm, not 24 hours.

• Like 1

We were on the Royal last month and my husband said they had a different Gluten Free pizza dough than the one we had on the Regal last year. He was so disappointed he didn‘t even finish the pizza. If anyone has recently had the Gluten Free pizza on Discovery can comment about the crust at Gigi’s we’d appreciate your review of that crust.