Solstice lounge/bar venue question

ScottC4746

I have been looking on line and on the app and need a suggestion.

DH turns in super early and I plan to enjoy the evening on board with a show and a drink or two afterwards.  Love my old fashions and martinis.  Is there a nice quiet venue where one can sit and have a late night nightcap without being pounded into the floor by the music?  Either enjoying one or two of the above mentioned cocktails or perhaps a nice brandy or sherry.

I will be on the Solstice 7 Night Alaksa round trip 2 Sept.

Edited by ScottC4746

2 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I have been looking on line and on the app and need a suggestion.

DH turns in super early and I plan to enjoy the evening on board with a show and a drink or two afterwards.  Love my old fashions and martinis.  Is there a nice quiet venue where one can sit and have a late night nightcap without being pounded into the floor by the music?  Either enjoying one or two of the above mentioned cocktails or perhaps a nice brandy or sherry.

It would be helpful to know which ship you will be on.

-  Sorry just saw Solstice in the title.

Edited by TeeRick

• ScottC4746 changed the title to Solstice lounge/bar venue question
1 minute ago, ScottC4746 said:

Oops updated details in the OP.

We like the World Class Bar and it is usually pretty quiet.  But it only has a specialty drink menu.  The Old Fashioned is my favorite there.

• Like 1

For a quiet spot we like the Ensemble Lounge. Great little areas within the lounge with comfy couches and chairs. For a fun more active bar we like the martini bar and sit at the bar for bartender mixing entertainment or chatting with fellow guests. 

• Like 2

Personally I think the Ensemble lounge is just what you want...they usually has a trio performing more quieter music than what you will hear in the Grand Foyer. Nice place for an after dinner drink. Before dinner we like the Sky Lounge which is also quieter than ..say the Martini Bar. But after the shows... I think it may have louder dance music... the Passport bar is not as noisy as the Martini bar...but the seats are more comfortable and a bit out of the flow of traffic... so you might also consider that..and see if the DJ music in the Grand Foyer, post shows, is too loud.  Haven't tried the World Class bar..but it is located in the main flow of traffic on deck 5 and the bar stool set up doesn't seem as conducive for a relaxing drink..but others enjoy this bar... so I defer to their judgement.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Ensemble Lounge.  World Class Bar is nice but has a limited drink menu so you can only get a drink from their menu.

OP mentioned Old Fashioned as one of the go to drinks.  The WCB has the Ron Zacapa Old Fashioned on the menu and it is delicious.  

I would think Ensemble Lounge may meet your requirements.    They have lots of seating and generally in the evening have soft either classic, violin or guitar music.   

CelEnt-33657-1508935206.webp

Cellar Master may also be an option it is usually very lightly used but not sure of the noise level as it is across from Martini Bar and the main Foyer well.   But if sitting in the back you may be protected

CelPro-17327-1509032049.webp

12 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We usually go to Cafe al Bacio for a quiet after dinner drink.  Most ships have a full bar there, but not advertised.  

I love al Bacio, but when a full band is on the deck below, it get very noisy. Not as bad as against the railings, but….

den

16 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We usually go to Cafe al Bacio for a quiet after dinner drink.  Most ships have a full bar there, but not advertised.  

Wow, cool! After all the Celebrity cruises we’ve been on I have never tried Cafe al Bacio for anything other than fancy coffees, iced teas and dessert. I must fix that come November! 

23 hours ago, bye-seaya said:

For a quiet spot we like the Ensemble Lounge. Great little areas within the lounge with comfy couches and chairs. For a fun more active bar we like the martini bar and sit at the bar for bartender mixing entertainment or chatting with fellow guests. 

Totally agree about Ensemble. I haven’t been on solstice in years but if we are talking about lounge that leads into all the specialty restaurants, that’s the one. After dinner service closes, this bar is quite relaxed with a softer vibe. Live music later here is a chill vibe rather than party vibe. The other poster regarding cafe Al baccio…also a great idea. Honestly, nightlife on solstice Alaskan sailings, outside of the disco, it’s all pretty mellow. Except perhaps on the evenings on sea days. 

We were on the Solstice a few weeks ago and Ensemble Lounge had a quiet vibe and as others have mentioned times when there was live music and/or a singer.  It was a great spot. I don't recall the exact drink menu, but you can order a drink from other spots on the ship and bring it to another spot to enjoy.   We also find that the area directly around the Martini bar was lively, but they had seating areas, with an outside view, that were quieter which we enjoyed as well.  Tons of options! 

I will add my voice to the chorus suggesting Ensemble and World Class Bar.  My wife and I will often stop for an after show drink at WCB.  The Zacapa Old Fashion is wonderful.  Something to remember,  everything on the menu is near, at or even above the $15.00 cost level.  So, it tends to be used almost exclusively by people on the premium drink package making it a lot less crowded than some of the other bars.

As for Ensemble, this is our night cap spot.  The tables and booths have a bit of distance between them and they usually have one of the better lists of premium bourbon and scotch.  And the wait staff is top notch.

Edited by capecodmercury