Another Stock OBC question

rover16

2 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

For someone just starting out without any broker what is the simplest way to buy 100 shares of Carnival stock?

You have no account at all?  Where is your IRA?

I never got an e-mail from HAL and I had given up on my stockholder OBC request.  After a month of waiting, I checked my booking with my online TA and found that the OBC had been credited to my booking.  Neither HAL nor Big Box TA notified me.  

2 hours ago, dmcfad2 said:

I used Ameritrade. 

I also use tdameritrade.com. Easy to set up and transfer money in/out. No transaction fees. CCL stock is up 8+% today, probably because of CDC statement that came out yesterday.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheEmerson said:

Ahh, that explains it.  

Don’t wait.  HAL wants you to send the request in three weeks prior to sailing.  If you asked for e-mail confirmation and it’s been three weeks it’s time to call or e-mail to confirm that they received and acted upon it.

If you are unsure about it you can take your current proof of ownership statement with you and show it to Guest Services.  I mail mine and ask for an email confirmation. I once sent a statement that was out of date and got a reminder email from them.

19 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Don’t wait.  HAL wants you to send the request in three weeks prior to sailing.  If you asked for e-mail confirmation and it’s been three weeks it’s time to call or e-mail to confirm that they received and acted upon it.

I have already submitted for both cruises I have booked.   The first one is almost at 10 business days old since submission.   There is still plenty of time.

Sent in a e-mail request about 3weeks ago, for a cruise in October.

Yesterday, received an e-mail from HAL stating “the stock ownership form (from my bank, used the form a lot over the last few years) does NOT show that I have owned the stock for more than six months?

is this new? Now have to prove you have held the stock for over 6 months? Never seen this before!

sent an inquiry to HAL, and await their response.

confused in Florida.

On 7/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, ShipWalker said:

For someone just starting out without any broker what is the simplest way to buy 100 shares of Carnival stock?

Do it yourself. Lots of online brokerages that don't charge anything. Make an account with International Brokers. Deposit some funds. Buy the stock. Easy peasy. 

• Thanks 1

I recently purchased 100 shares of stock to earn this credit. Stock was purchased on 7/8 and credit was requested on 7/8. I just received notice that $100 credit was received even though I did not ask for confirmation. Lesson - you don't need to own the stock for a certain amount of time. Two weeks from request to confirmation. We cruise on July 29. Stock is up about 4% since purchase.

4 hours ago, NannaPop said:

That is who e-mailed me to say “must own for six months” (words to that

effect)

Someone is misinformed.  Try again.  A person can use their shareholder proxy for example.   Read the shareholder benefits form and share with that person and ask them to point out the 6 month clause 

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f