Retreat suite differences

Cruzin64647

16 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

No full mini bar is not included in any suite.   RS and above they will stock with beer (I think wine) soft drinks water.

In sky suites lately if you have a drink package most times the butler will offer to stock with your choice of soda and water although it's not a stated amenity.  Anything else will be charged.

Royal suite and above you do get your choice of two liters of booze. 

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

If you have a good PRH, they may move the items in it out, and put in some items that you could gotten at a bar. e.g. beer, sodas, mixers, a glass with a shot of your favorite spirit.

On the Summit we asked that items be removed from mini-cooler.  Walked down to the Retreat Lounge and picked out things we wanted and put them in our room cooler.  Easy solution without any conversation.  On the Apex and Edge our butler let us know we could have anything in the cooler without charge.  

• Like 3

One hidden RS perk that we didn't figure out until too late is unlimited free Gelato from the area near Cafe El Baco.  I noticed that there was a note by the phone with the RS numbers and asked about it.  True, you can get all the good ice cream you want in the Oceanview but this is convenient for an afternoon treat.  One of the big deals is the great treatment you get, the window seats in Tuscan, the shore side assistance ,the Retreat team to settle any issues for you without standing in line at Guest Services.  The butler sets the table for breakfast with mats and serves the food, he doesn't just drop a tray filled with covered dishes (unless that's what you want). The entire staff tried their best to make sure we had the ultimate cruise experience. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Seems ridiculous that the minibar isn’t included.  Thought the whole idea of a suite is an upgraded experience with elevated service.  I personally don’t enjoy carrying drinks back to the cabin from the ship’s bars. 😔

It may not be tailor-made for you, but it most certainly is "an upgraded experience with elevated service" in many ways typically from the moment you enter the terminal until the moment you leave the ship, and it is even more so if you are in a "higher suite."

Just now, DCPIV said:

It may not be tailor-made for you, but it most certainly is "an upgraded experience with elevated service" in many ways typically from the moment you enter the terminal until the moment you leave the ship, and it is even more so if you are in a "higher suite."

We’ve had a suite on a 14 night cruise on X before.  

Just now, DCPIV said:

Then you know.

Happy cruising.

I’m just making the point that I believe it should be included. I wasn’t asking if it was. 

In Yacht Club, on MSC, you can order drinks to the cabin without charge. (Up until recently, minibar, with miniatures and beer, was included;  that’s been changed to a litre of alcohol of your choice, plus soft drinks and water from the minibar). 

2 hours ago, George C said:

Royal suite and above you do get your choice of two liters of booze. 

Or you can trade out one or both for wine.  We have been pleasantly surprised at what they were willing to supply in trade, too.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, pennys mum said:

My daughter and I are in a Royal Suite in two weeks. Had shoreside concierge contact us last week.

@pennys mumAssuming this is Silhouette out of Southampton? If so, would you be able to share the shoreside concierge's contact details (email or telephone number)? We are in an RS departing 30 Jul and have had no contact. Many thanks.

Edited by NewWestwardbound
Added @

2 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

One hidden RS perk that we didn't figure out until too late is unlimited free Gelato from the area near Cafe El Baco.  I noticed that there was a note by the phone with the RS numbers and asked about it.  True, you can get all the good ice cream you want in the Oceanview but this is convenient for an afternoon treat.  One of the big deals is the great treatment you get, the window seats in Tuscan, the shore side assistance ,the Retreat team to settle any issues for you without standing in line at Guest Services.  The butler sets the table for breakfast with mats and serves the food, he doesn't just drop a tray filled with covered dishes (unless that's what you want). The entire staff tried their best to make sure we had the ultimate cruise experience. 

Amen to that!  We learned this the "hard" way while in a CS on the Edge.  Ice cream and gelato shared the same counter but the latter came with a $4.50 surcharge.  Not a big deal, really, but just seemed a little nickel & dime-y given what we were paying for the suite.

1 hour ago, NewWestwardbound said:

@pennys mumAssuming this is Silhouette out of Southampton? If so, would you be able to share the shoreside concierge's contact details (email or telephone number)? We are in an RS departing 30 Jul and have had no contact. Many thanks.

Concierge is called Erin

email

conciergeerin@celebrity.com

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Or you can trade out one or both for wine.  We have been pleasantly surprised at what they were willing to supply in trade, too.

No problem, we traded our champagne for a couple of bottles of Cabernet, just talk to concierge they are very accommodating. 

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I’m just making the point that I believe it should be included. I wasn’t asking if it was. 

In Yacht Club, on MSC, you can order drinks to the cabin without charge. (Up until recently, minibar, with miniatures and beer, was included;  that’s been changed to a litre of alcohol of your choice, plus soft drinks and water from the minibar). 

Love MSc yacht club , only line we have been on that’s better than celebrity suites.

4 minutes ago, George C said:

No problem, we traded our champagne for a couple of bottles of Cabernet, just talk to concierge they are very accommodating. 

Love MSc yacht club , only line we have been on that’s better than celebrity suites.

Personally we don’t believe YC is worth the increased prices - especially with the Experience being downgraded.  Food offerings in the restaurant leave a lot to be desired (and I’m happy as long as there’s something I can eat!).   I do love the enclave set-up, though, where you never have to venture outside unless you want to (except, of course, on Fantasia-class, due to the restaurants’ locations). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

Amen to that!  We learned this the "hard" way while in a CS on the Edge.  Ice cream and gelato shared the same counter but the latter came with a $4.50 surcharge.  Not a big deal, really, but just seemed a little nickel & dime-y given what we were paying for the suite.

We used to be big Celebrity fans.  Then along came LLP, and she implemented what I called "death by a thousand cut-backs."  We first encountered her nickel and diming BS in an Aqua Class Suite when we asked to get more bottled water (unlimited bottled water had always been an amenity) and our steward explained that the new policy was we would need to pay for replacements.  From that point on, since we had the premium drink package, whenever we were leaving a bar we would ask for a bottle of Perrier or Pelligrino which we used to brush our teeth :).  Instead of giving us 15 cent/bottle water, LLP must have been delighted to know we were replacing that cheap stuff with Perrier.  After a few other cut-backs we also cut-back.....and have only been on one X cruise in the past 4 years.

So, apparently the nickel and diming goes all the way up to the most expensive suites!  The thing is we have lately been cruising on Seabourn for less cost (per passenger day) on Celebrity.  And I guess instead of booking a few X cruises in suites we should just consider more Seabourn and also try the new Explora Journeys cruise line (a new luxury line owned by the MSC family).

Hank

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, George C said:

That's what we did.  I provided a list of a handful of wines that we were willing to trade, and when we arrived aboard, they were waiting for us on the counter vs. the booze.  It was a 5+10 B2B, and that would have meant that we had 4 L of booze to go through in 15 nights.  My head hurts thinking about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Personally we don’t believe YC is worth the increased prices - especially with the Experience being downgraded.  Food offerings in the restaurant leave a lot to be desired (and I’m happy as long as there’s something I can eat!).   I do love the enclave set-up, though, where you never have to venture outside unless you want to (except, of course, on Fantasia-class, due to the restaurants’ locations). 

I am not sure I see much of what you call a "downgrade."  Yes, they now charge to restock the mini fridge with food items.  But there is a very good reason and we can all blame some YC passengers.  There were a number of folks who would empty their fridge on a regular basis to pack the items for transport home.  On the other hand, up until a couple of years ago, those in the YC had to pay for Internet.  That is now included for YC folks.    As to YC cuisine, we have never been impressed except on our last Divina cruise when we had a fantastic Maitre'd who made some amazing pasta dishes (done in the dining room with a large chaffing dish). 

Hank

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, Cruzin64647 said:

Other then unlimited specialty dinning and a mini bar is there any other perks worth the upgrade price from a sky suite to a royal suite or edge villa etc..? (Other then the beautiful cabins)? Also talking about original booking not a move up!

Ok I'm still confused on the drinks packages.

I'm in the sky suite.  My online cruise planner says the premium drink package upgrade is "sold out".  I called celebrity just now to ask about this and they said that with the retreat sky suite, I already have the premium drink package.  The website says this as well.

Your post indicates that I don't get the premium drink package perks after all?

1 hour ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Ok I'm still confused on the drinks packages.

I'm in the sky suite.  My online cruise planner says the premium drink package upgrade is "sold out".  I called celebrity just now to ask about this and they said that with the retreat sky suite, I already have the premium drink package.  The website says this as well.

Your post indicates that I don't get the premium drink package perks after all?

I believe that info was in response to a question about moving to a suite via a Move Up bid.

If you booked a Suite, not with a cruise only rate, then your have the Premium Beverage Package, Premium wi-fi, prepaid gratuities and some OBC which varies by Suite level and cruise length.

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I am not sure I see much of what you call a "downgrade."  Yes, they now charge to restock the mini fridge with food items.  But there is a very good reason and we can all blame some YC passengers.  There were a number of folks who would empty their fridge on a regular basis to pack the items for transport home.  On the other hand, up until a couple of years ago, those in the YC had to pay for Internet.  That is now included for YC folks.    As to YC cuisine, we have never been impressed except on our last Divina cruise when we had a fantastic Maitre'd who made some amazing pasta dishes (done in the dining room with a large chaffing dish). 

Hank

I am a heavy drinker in general, you get the standard premium drink package for free with yacht club similar to celebrity, but they have a top shelf package for about 18 dollars a day , package includes everything sold by the drink including some very expensive scotch and cognac, we finished several bottles of Johnny Walker Blue , plenty of XO cognac and lots of champagne.