Move Up

Cheshire Blue

We are 73 days out from our cruise from Southampton (Silhouette) and have received details of Move Up opportunities 

Assume this doesn't work when we have travelling companions in cabin next door ?   Although we could both apply for a move up (say to a suite) the danger would be that only one of us is successful - so leaving one couple to eat in Luminae and one in MDR.  Likewise I assume its highly unlikely we would get a move up whereby we still end up next / close to each other ?   

Am I overthinking this ? 

34 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks - so on this basis Move Up really only works if you are travelling as a couple (i.e. not with close friends / family) 

Yup.  Even if you both got a MoveUp accepted you likely would not have cabins close to each other.

I think other factors are if you have your reservations linked for dining, as well as what category stateroom you're bidding on. I haven't had MoveUp experience, but I have done RoyalUp with Royal Caribbean having two separate staterooms. We've "Royal Up'd" twice - from oceanview to balcony and also from balcony to club, and both times our rooms remained adjacent. If your reservations are connected, I think they try to keep your staterooms in close proximity. However, I wouldn't expect that would be the case if upgrading to a suite.

7 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

We are 73 days out from our cruise from Southampton (Silhouette) and have received details of Move Up opportunities 

Assume this doesn't work when we have travelling companions in cabin next door ?   Although we could both apply for a move up (say to a suite) the danger would be that only one of us is successful - so leaving one couple to eat in Luminae and one in MDR.  Likewise I assume its highly unlikely we would get a move up whereby we still end up next / close to each other ?   

Am I overthinking this ? 

You are correct, except if you are staying in  suite, you are not forced to dine in Luminae.  You can also dine in the MDR.  You would have a choice of dining together or separately.  IMO having cabins next to each other is not necessary a deal breaker.

It might be worth the risk  if you both bid the same amount (and have the same status). Suggest a strong bid to increase the odds, but no guarantee.  Also make sure your reservations are linked.

Good luck.

Another option you might look at is to watch the prices of SS and see if they drop to a range that make them attractive to book.     While you may bid now this far out Bids are not normally awarded until about 7-14 days prior to sailing and may not be awarded until 48 hours prior to departure.

• Like 1