Bermuda - Travel Authorization - Carnival Guidance

cellfree

I just read that when traveling to Bermuda you need to request “travel authorization” that costs $40. How long does this take to be processed? Or is it immediate once you complete the form and pay the $40. If it is required because of covid protocols I don’t want to complete it/pay $40 until closer to cruising in case there is a possibility it is no longer required.

I got the Bermuda Travel Authority for the Pride TA cruise in April.  I started the process about a month ahead of time, but I could have waited till a week before the cruise.  Fill out the application, pay the $40, and upload proof of vaccination.  Then wait till the required testing has been done and upload the proof of negative covid test.  Once that was done, the final approval came within 2 days for me. Some people on my cruise were getting down to the last minute and didn’t have approvals, so they called the Bermuda government on a toll-free number from the US and ultimately got approvals.  So no, it’s not instant approval.  

1 hour ago, Out of Iowa said:

This hassle and expense would be enough to cause me to enjoy my first-ever day on the ship while in a port.

Unfortunately everyone on the ship must have the Bermuda Travel authorization whether they’re getting off the ship in Bermuda. or not.  When I went on the Pride TA in April each person needed to show their approval from Bermuda in order to check in at the terminal.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I got the Bermuda Travel Authority for the Pride TA cruise in April.  I started the process about a month ahead of time, but I could have waited till a week before the cruise.  Fill out the application, pay the $40, and upload proof of vaccination.  Then wait till the required testing has been done and upload the proof of negative covid test.  Once that was done, the final approval came within 2 days for me. Some people on my cruise were getting down to the last minute and didn’t have approvals, so they called the Bermuda government on a toll-free number from the US and ultimately got approvals.  So no, it’s not instant approval.  

If you eventually have to “wait til the required testing has been done and upload the proof of negative covid test” which is not done until two or three days prior to cruise, how can the “final approval come within 2 days?”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

If you eventually have to “wait til the required testing has been done and upload the proof of negative covid test” which is not done until two or three days prior to cruise, how can the “final approval come within 2 days?”

You don’t have to upload your proof of a negative test. You will receive a provision approval sometime after you send in your application and $40. The cruise line will check your proof of negative test at embarkation.  The procedure has changed since April. Read the link below and check back 30 days before your sailing as it may change again.  

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You don’t have to upload your proof of a negative test. You will receive a provision approval sometime after you send in your application and $40. The cruise line will check your proof of negative test at embarkation.  The procedure has changed since April. Read the link below and check back 30 days before your sailing as it may change again.  

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Perfect, ty. 

On 7/23/2022 at 8:31 AM, Cruising411 said:

I received my approved authorization the next day after I submitted my application. I was so surprised.

I'm still waiting on mine.  I cruise in August.  Maybe they're doing people who cruise sooner.  I have checked spam email, but no approval yet.

18 hours ago, moposh said:

I'm still waiting on mine.  I cruise in August.  Maybe they're doing people who cruise sooner.  I have checked spam email, but no approval yet.

Same here. Submitted the required info on July 16th and have not heard back. Cruising on Aug 15th. I will call the toll-free number on Aug 8th if I have not heard back by then.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 6:08 PM, Crusin Karen said:

I am technically challenged.  Have no clue how to upload proof of vaccination.  Can I get away with showing this when I board ship?

Don't feel badly.  I am technically challenged too.  I plan on applying for the authorisation form on my laptop, as opposed to my phone.  So, to get ready, I took a picture of our passports and of our covid vaccine cards and moved pictures to my desktop.  Hopefully, it's an easy process to upload them to the application.  I'm totally stressed about this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Don't feel badly.  I am technically challenged too.  I plan on applying for the authorisation form on my laptop, as opposed to my phone.  So, to get ready, I took a picture of our passports and of our covid vaccine cards and moved pictures to my desktop.  Hopefully, it's an easy process to upload them to the application.  I'm totally stressed about this.

On 9/6/2022 at 6:08 PM, Crusin Karen said:

I am technically challenged.  Have no clue how to upload proof of vaccination.  Can I get away with showing this when I board ship?

For the Bermuda TA, you have to upload a photo of your vax card when you submit the application. Like most computer tasks, it sounds more difficult than it is. Take a photo of your card and put it on your computer, or use your phone/laptop/tablet camera to take a pic. On a desktop/laptop you can more the picture to your home screen. When the application asks for the photo of the card, click on upload. The computer's menu will give you a list what is on your home screen/desktop. Just choose the photo you want to upload. Instructions can be slightly different depending on your device.

Just about anyone could help you with that; it is a very common thing to do on devices. Someone at your local library could show you if you don't know anyone to ask.

• Like 1