The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 21st, 2022

richwmn

16 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all for the kind wishes, they are deeply appreciated!   We’ll be off shortly.  
@ger_77  wow on the fish!  good luck to your husband, DH takes his BP meds in the morning, so perhaps you could ask re timing?   
Happy birthday to Craig!  And good wishes to all undergoing tests and procedures! 

Love the strange flavours of crisps aka chips in the UK,  I had ordered these for DH

B201B28C-0CA2-4F7C-BFAC-9FCF1153C081.jpeg

There are lots of different flavoured crisps and types of crisps in the UK.

Beefy,cheese and onion,ready salted,prawn cocktail,salt and vinegar,chicken and barbecue are the most popular flavours.

Prayers 🙏 your husband's melanoma op was successful.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I think I'll be myself today; it's too hard trying to be anyone else.  Junk food has always had a little space in our pantry.  Yay for everyone who has dogs and who train them to act appropriately around people.   I've got a weird sense of humour, so immediately laughed at today's quote.  Would anyone like to offer me a teaspoon full of today's wine; I think that's all I could afford!

Wow, I've been away for 4 days and have a lot of catching up to do!  We spent a wonderful time with our friends at their cottage at the lake where, along with their 2 daughters and sons-in-laws, they treated us like royalty.  We ate, we drank, we fished, and we floated.  We had an assortment of marine conveyances from which to choose:  kayak, canoe, rowboat, motorboat, motorized raft, pontoon boat, and catamaran.  We ultimately went out on the motorized raft (all 8 of us sitting in lawn chairs - what a hoot!) and 4 of us went fishing with the motorboat.   Here's our catch of the day - 15 walleye (pickerel) after only a couple of hours on the lake.

1621295444_Catchoftheday.JPG.7f2835fb7058e27902285b7ee4c1abc2.JPG

I was hoping to be able to post a bit from the lake, but they don't have wi-fi, and the cell phone service is such that you have to hike up the hill and stand with your arm outstretched in order to get a signal.  In an emergency, they would drive up the hill, but I didn't need to post that badly.  I was able to post on FB a couple of times, but that was about all the service I could get.  Whenever I tried CC, I enjoyed seeing the blue circle of death until it timed out.

Here's the gorgeous sunset we were treated to on our first night - now bear in mind this photo is unretouched, I simply pointed my iPhone and clicked it.  There are no filters to enhance colour or anything.  It was absolutely spectacular.

1136231502_FirstNight.jpg.d7664a26bb5573bd8a2a2d5221247128.jpg

I see @marshhawkhas had a bad time with her latest vaccination - sorry to hear that; I hope you're better today.

@bennybearif memory serves me correctly, today is your DH's surgery; please wish him well for me and know I'll be praying for a good outcome.

@Sharon in AZplease wish Craig a very Happy Birthday and Happy Retirement as well.

I'm sure I've missed some - if anyone has had a birthday, anniversary, or other celebration, please know I'd be happy to celebrate with you.  For those who have had hardship, I'm sorry, and know you've all been in my heart.

Yesterday when DH woke up his calves and ankles were very swollen, so on the way home I called our PCP and was able to get him in for a late afternoon appointment.  He's now on a diuretic and informs me he counted and was up 17 times during the night.  LOL  The doctor didn't think it was a DVT, likely a combination the heat and his blood pressure meds, but has ordered an ultrasound, and blood test, so we'll see how those turn out.  It's always something, isn't it?

Today we're back to the real world, so it's time to get the laundry started and check to see what's needed from the grocery store.  I like today's menu suggestion, but I think we'll be having something simple like smokies done on the barbecue and a nice crisp green salad that we'll be able to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

The sunset from our last night at the lake.

Catamaran.JPG.21bb0e9ad0f128d50384f9e686b156f9.JPG

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the people of Ukraine and all who are helping them.  We'll clink the glasses together to salute all on the celebration list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when needed and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Nice selection of photos Gerry and of yourselves too.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AMRDS said:

White Squirrels of Olney  There is a small town in Southern Illinois that has a lot of white squirrels.  

Welcome to the Daily!  We're glad you found us.  Thank you for that very interesting article about the white squirrels in Olney, Illinois.  I'm from Missouri so that's our neighbor.  I would love to see an albino squirrel up close and personal.  Fascinating!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Overhead FredThere are hundreds (thousands?) of white squirrels in Exeter Ontario.  They think they are a mutation of the common grey squirrel.

Very interesting they have so many of these squirrel oddities in Exeter, Ontario.  Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Welcome to the Daily!  We're glad you found us.  Thank you for that very interesting article about the white squirrels in Olney, Illinois.  I'm from Missouri so that's our neighbor.  I would love to see an albino squirrel up close and personal.  Fascinating!

Thanks, it's nice to be here!  I've been lurking for quite a while.  A friend told me about CC when we booked our first cruise over a year ago, so I've been browsing and learning.  I really appreciate all the info and advice from the experienced cruisers, and it's been nice "getting to know" some of the folks here.  HAL was kind of a random thing for us--we're going with a group and someone else made the decision--but from everything I've seen it will be a good fit.  

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Oh boy. I have trays that have each individual item in them.. if I were home I'd sehd a picture..

Joy, you are much more organized than I’ll ever be. My junk drawer has compartments but they are all packed with various items. 😉

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AMRDS said:

Thanks, it's nice to be here!  I've been lurking for quite a while.  A friend told me about CC when we booked our first cruise over a year ago, so I've been browsing and learning.  I really appreciate all the info and advice from the experienced cruisers, and it's been nice "getting to know" some of the folks here.  HAL was kind of a random thing for us--we're going with a group and someone else made the decision--but from everything I've seen it will be a good fit.  

Sending you a big welcome @AMRDS from the UK.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1