Laundry machine open on embarkation day?

reposado

We have always had access to the Laundry rooms everyday of a cruise. Hours are 7:30 to 10:00 as I recall. Soap and machines are now FREE but if you use a dryer sheet when drying clothes, bring enough with you to last through your cruise.  On O Class ships, laundry room on each deck, on R Class only on deck 7 as I recall. I think there were 3 washers and dryers in the laundry rooms. If you are in a Concierge Level room or above, you receive 3 bags of wash and folded laundry, 20 pieces per bag and a pair of socks is 1 piece

Laundry should not be an issue because there are always guests doing B2B’s so they access the laundries during embark/debark days. O keeps them operational all the time minus a repair.

good luck,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

We were on the Marina in October, having just finished a land tour the day prior to the cruise.  So we had lots of laundry to do, and we did in fact do it on embarkation day.

Tom & Judy

That's an upgrade!  When we were first cruising with Renaissance and then with Oceania when it started up, we were always on an "R" ship.  And my recollection was 3 washers and dryers, although it might have been four.  This is more than 20 years ago so I guess it's okay for my not being sure ...

But there was only one laundry room on the "R" ships whereas the "O" ships (and I assume the new Vista ships) have laundry rooms on several passenger decks.

Not to mention the more recent bonuses for Concierge and above passengers for the three bags of laundry.  There is a time limit with these, but it's do-able.

We were surprised on our first Renaissance cruise in 1999 when another passenger hit the laundry rooms upon boarding.  I don't recall if they'd been doing land travel prior to the cruise, but most likely they were.

Mura

• 2 months later...

Absolutely it is open. Sailed on Regatta last month and did notice one improvement - the required laundry soap dispenses automatically in the washing machine so no more messy pouring detergent from wall soap dispenser to machine.  

38 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Absolutely it is open. Sailed on Regatta last month and did notice one improvement - the required laundry soap dispenses automatically in the washing machine so no more messy pouring detergent from wall soap dispenser to machine.  

They always dispensed  to the machine  you had to push the button that was connected to the machine  you were using on Regatta & Insignia (only R ships we have sailed )

Maybe you are thinking of the O class ships where you had to fill the dispenser from the wall soap dispenser

There are usually people already on board who did a back-to-back.  The Laundry Room is something all should experience.  Be sure to know and obey the rules as there are always watchful eyes to sternly steer you back to the path of doing it correctly.  😉

6 hours ago, Andy_P said:

...The Laundry Room is something all should experience...

That's an understatement!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the count down timers on the washers and dryers can be highly in accurate. I always set a timer on my phone, come back and instead of 2 or 3 minutes remaining the machine may say 10 or 15 minutes.  

28 minutes ago, bradpole said:

That's an understatement!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the count down timers on the washers and dryers can be highly in accurate. I always set a timer on my phone, come back and instead of 2 or 3 minutes remaining the machine may say 10 or 15 minutes.  

But at least you come back close to the time

One person left their stuff in the  washer   it was almost done when I started my wash

I had dried my load of wash & the washer still had not been emptied

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

But at least you come back close to the time

One person left their stuff in the  washer   it was almost done when I started my wash

I had dried my load of wash & the washer still had not been emptied

I've seen that, that annoys me me to no end!  Especially on the R ships with such a limited number of machines!

• Like 1