Do you have breakfast at the restaurant or windjammer

we are sailing 15 August aboard Grandeur of the Seas.  I was wondering where you have breakfast.  I have breakfast in the restaurant and prefer looking out the window at the open sea.  Restaurant opens 0730 and my wife gets up later, but I go for breakfast.  On the first day hoping for eggs benedict, lots of bacon, fruit, tomato juice, grits, and coffee.  Where would you dine for breakfast.

• Like 1

Hello,

CK is nice but the problem I have if sat at the glass topped table, there isn't sufficient friction between plate and table top to stop me having to chase my breakfast around the table.

That and the fact that I broke a crown on their armour plated toast.

Regards,

Cublet

1 minute ago, cublet said:

Hello,

CK is nice but the problem I have if sat at the glass topped table, there isn't sufficient friction between plate and table top to stop me having to chase my breakfast around the table.

That and the fact that I broke a crown on their armour plated toast.

Regards,

Cublet

Sorry, can't recall any glass top tables in CK🤔

Just now, JOHN 57 said:

never been there, I do not think Grandeur of the seas has a coastal kitchen

It doesn't 

Good to see you quoting, though👍

Edited by John&LaLa

7 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

we are sailing 15 August aboard Grandeur of the Seas.  I was wondering where you have breakfast.  I have breakfast in the restaurant and prefer looking out the window at the open sea.  Restaurant opens 0730 and my wife gets up later, but I go for breakfast.  On the first day hoping for eggs benedict, lots of bacon, fruit, tomato juice, grits, and coffee.  Where would you dine for breakfast.

In the past we always ate in the Windjammer, especially if the kids were with us. Now that it is just hubby and I, we plan on eating in the MDR. We have found that by the time we each get our order of eggs, fruit, juice...we never seem to sit together. We are trying this on our upcoming cruise 😊

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Coastal Kitchen is very nice

Some ships unfortunately do not have the coastal kitchen. I know Adventure does not.

Just now, sunlover2 said:

In the past we always ate in the Windjammer, especially if the kids were with us. Now that it is just hubby and I, we plan on eating in the MDR. We have found that by the time we each get our order of eggs, fruit, juice...we never seem to sit together. We are trying this on our upcoming cruise 😊

Some ships unfortunately do not have the coastal kitchen. I know Adventure does not.

sitting together is always nice, but my wife is a late riser, and I am hungry.

• Like 3

Just now, sunlover2 said:

Only Oasis and Quantum Class ships

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunlover2 said:

CK is only on O and Q class.

2 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

if you want lots of Bacon then the Jammer is you place... 

Always on the hunt for perfectly cooked bacon. You have to watch out for the undercooked and overcooked piles, and find that nice middle ground of firm, slightly crispy slices of pure heaven.

• Like 2

I'm early riser and the MDR usually opens at 8AM while the WJ opens at 7AM.  Also, on my last 3 voyagers, the MDR is not like it was prior to the pandemic.  No baskets being presented with pastries, donuts, etc., for you to select.  I had had to ask what was available.  Plus, in the WJ I get to see the omelets/eggs made to order rather than wait to be delivered by waiter and sometimes it seems that the omelets/eggs have been standing.