Do you have breakfast at the restaurant or windjammer

2 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

I can understand that, but room service brings me morning coffee.  

And I have gone that route, but that tends to wake hubby up.  It is not a quiet process. Easier for me to just go to WJ on my own.  I hang there for an hour & then he’s ready to move.  And I have Second Breakfast!

1 minute ago, poocher said:

And I have gone that route, but that tends to wake hubby up.  It is not a quiet process. Easier for me to just go to WJ on my own.  I hang there for an hour & then he’s ready to move.  And I have Second Breakfast!

I have the same problem with my wife.

We are, or will be soon, booked on Harmony again in May, 2023.  I loved her in March but some/many things were not available at that time.  I am hoping Solarium Bistro will be back along with JR breakfast!

Just now, poocher said:

We are, or will be soon, booked on Harmony again in May, 2023.  I loved her in March but some/many things were not available at that time.  I am hoping Solarium Bistro will be back along with JR breakfast!

we selected Grandeur of the Seas, to celebrate our 39th anniversary, we sail 15 August

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

we are sailing 15 August aboard Grandeur of the Seas.  I was wondering where you have breakfast.  I have breakfast in the restaurant and prefer looking out the window at the open sea.  Restaurant opens 0730 and my wife gets up later, but I go for breakfast.  On the first day hoping for eggs benedict, lots of bacon, fruit, tomato juice, grits, and coffee.  Where would you dine for breakfast.

If you want Eggs Benedict you will want to go to the MDR.  If you were in s suite I would tell you to go to chops ;).  I find waiting for fresh eggs in the windjammer to be irksome at best.  I prefer to sit, order, sip coffee, munch a danish and enjoy polite conversation while waiting.

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

If you want Eggs Benedict you will want to go to the MDR.  If you were in s suite I would tell you to go to chops ;).  I find waiting for fresh eggs in the windjammer to be irksome at best.  I prefer to sit, order, sip coffee, munch a danish and enjoy polite conversation while waiting.

Exactly, engaging in conservation in MDR, while waiting for your order is great.  Instead of standing in line waiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOHN 57 said:

sitting together is always nice, but my wife is a late riser, and I am hungry.

That's my struggle.  My wife likes to eat breakfast together, but I get up at 5-6am and she's usually asleep until 9-10. By the time she's ready for breakfast, I'm ready for lunch. 😕

• Like 2

Just now, ramja96 said:

That's my struggle.  My wife likes to eat breakfast together, but I get up at 5-6am and she's usually asleep until 9-10. By the time she's ready for breakfast, I'm ready for lunch. 😕

that is a problem, but what can you do

• Like 1

My daughter says that after serving everyone for years on end, she wants to be served when she is on the ship. MDR for most of the meals. Makes sense to me. RCCL newbie, but I assume that a server will take your order and serve you at a table in the MDR during breakfast. 

Eggs benedict or omelet, some hash browns, and a spicy Bloody Mary.  I love cold smoked salmon and on other ships/lines I have been able to get that on the side - I hope that is the case with RCCL.

Voyager OTS to NE/Canada - Oct 23, 2022 (Just me and Mrs Fan)

Quantum OTS to Alaska - June 12, 2023 (Our 3 grown kids and spouses)

On our recent cruise, I ate breakfast in the dining room every morning but disembarkation day.  I would have preferred a couple of mornings of room service breakfast on our balcony, but the hubby likes to sleep in on those sea days.  There were eleven of us cruising together, so there were never less than three eating breakfast together.  We found it very delicious and quick.  It was so much better than having to carry our own food around from the buffet to a table.

Now my SIL preferred the buffet.  She could get her six year old fed, easily, there.

2 minutes ago, fsufancc said:

Eggs benedict or omelet, some hash browns, and a spicy Bloody Mary.  I love cold smoked salmon and on other ships/lines I have been able to get that on the side - I hope that is the case with RCCL.

I have seen bagels and lox on the MDR breakfast menu previously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fsufancc said:

My daughter says that after serving everyone for years on end, she wants to be served when she is on the ship. MDR for most of the meals. Makes sense to me. RCCL newbie, but I assume that a server will take your order and serve you at a table in the MDR during breakfast. 

yes, that is correct

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

On our recent cruise, I ate breakfast in the dining room every morning but disembarkation day.  I would have preferred a couple of mornings of room service breakfast on our balcony, but the hubby likes to sleep in on those sea days.  There were eleven of us cruising together, so there were never less than three eating breakfast together.  We found it very delicious and quick.  It was so much better than having to carry our own food around from the buffet to a table.

Now my SIL preferred the buffet.  She could get her six year old fed, easily, there.

main dining room for breakfast for me.  I have seen that for lunch, main dining room serves sandwiches.  No, cannot do that.  So windjammer for lunch.

1 minute ago, fsufancc said:

I am right there with your daughter.  The only time you will see me eating from the buffet on any cruise ship is if I'm desperate.

Yes, cruise ship breakfasts in the main dining room means a menu and servers.  I assume that you could order an alcoholic beverage, just like at dinner in the dining room.

For certain, there were omelets and hash browns.  I believe there was an eggs benedict on the menu, but don't know for certain.  The one day my husband actually had breakfast in the dining room, I recall him ordering bagel & lox.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunlover2 said:

In the past we always ate in the Windjammer, especially if the kids were with us. Now that it is just hubby and I, we plan on eating in the MDR. We have found that by the time we each get our order of eggs, fruit, juice...we never seem to sit together. We are trying this on our upcoming cruise 😊

Some ships unfortunately do not have the coastal kitchen. I know Adventure does not.

We always claim our table first with coffee and silverware and then get our food.

Having said that, we mostly eat breakfast in the MDR. We like it that it's less hectic and leisurely, not to mention safer not having to use the tongs.

The downside of the MDR is the food is usually not hot due to the delay from galley to table and renders toast, pancakes, waffles etc., not very appealing. My pet peeve: Coffee refills are often slow.

1 minute ago, 2chiefs said:

We always claim our table first with coffee and silverware and then get our food.

Having said that, we mostly eat breakfast in the MDR. We like it that it's less hectic and leisurely, not to mention safer not having to use the tongs.

The downside of the MDR is the food is usually not hot due to the delay from galley to table and renders toast, pancakes, waffles etc., not very appealing. My pet peeve: Coffee refills are often slow.

I have also noticed that coffee refills are slow

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I'm early riser and the MDR usually opens at 8AM while the WJ opens at 7AM.  Also, on my last 3 voyagers, the MDR is not like it was prior to the pandemic.  No baskets being presented with pastries, donuts, etc., for you to select.  I had had to ask what was available.  Plus, in the WJ I get to see the omelets/eggs made to order rather than wait to be delivered by waiter and sometimes it seems that the omelets/eggs have been standing.

When we were on Mariner last month, they were definitely passing the baskets around at breakfast time in the dining room.  Such delicious items in those baskets that I could have just eaten from there on a couple of mornings.

44 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

we selected Grandeur of the Seas, to celebrate our 39th anniversary, we sail 15 August

Congratulatios!

Are you in a suite? On the Grandeur, you may have the option to at at Chops for breakfast.

20220626_121720.jpg

Just now, bonsai3s said:

Congratulatios!

Are you in a suite? On the Grandeur, you may have the option to at at Chops for breakfast.

20220626_121720.jpg

no we went simple this time, 40th will be big.  Thank you.

• Like 1