Do you have breakfast at the restaurant or windjammer

We always like the free breakfasts at Johnny Rockets (on ships that have that). Not sure if they are even still doing that but will find out on our next cruise! If not, then we prefer the MDR to avoid the mob in the WJ.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Ok thanks. How would they know if this person qualified for this then and suggest it?

I think the OP mentioned Grandeur of the Seas, which doesn't have CK, so the recommendation itself doesn't seem appropriate for their specific question, but is a good response for other ship classes.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I'm early riser and the MDR usually opens at 8AM while the WJ opens at 7AM.  Also, on my last 3 voyagers, the MDR is not like it was prior to the pandemic.  No baskets being presented with pastries, donuts, etc., for you to select.  I had had to ask what was available.  Plus, in the WJ I get to see the omelets/eggs made to order rather than wait to be delivered by waiter and sometimes it seems that the omelets/eggs have been standing.

that is true, but I like to be waited on.

1 minute ago, SilkySal said:

We always like the free breakfasts at Johnny Rockets (on ships that have that). Not sure if they are even still doing that but will find out on our next cruise! If not, then we prefer the MDR to avoid the mob in the WJ.

Solarium Bistro on O and Q class have a less hectic mini WJ breakfast.

• Like 3

Just now, JOHN 57 said:

that is true, but problems finding a seat, and I like to be waited on.

Nah, I'm an Early Bird when never Busy. Hard part is always SOLO and end up leaving my Jacket on my Chair to get my Food... Now my Daughter, she likes Main Dining and to be waited on

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nah, I'm an Early Bird when never Busy. Hard part is always SOLO and end up leaving my Jacket on my Chair to get my Food... Now my Daughter, she likes Main Dining and to be waited on

we each are different

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nah, I'm an Early Bird when never Busy.

Yep. Definitely some benefits if you wake up early. Naturally I understand why many prefer to sleep in a bit. Different strokes...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

sitting together is always nice, but my wife is a late riser, and I am hungry.

I find this to be true too.  I get up & need COFFEE and at least a little nosh so I tend to schlep to WJ.  Additionally I feel like I can go to WJ in my yoga pants & a tee shirt in the morning.  If I/we were to go to MDR or, when available, CK, I’d have to take a shower & get dressed beyond my yoga pants/tee shirt.  Asking too much of me before coffee.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, poocher said:

I find this to be true too.  I get up & need COFFEE and at least a little nosh so I tend to schlep to WJ.  Additionally I feel like I can go to WJ in my yoga pants & a tee shirt in the morning.  If I/we were to go to MDR or, when available, CK, I’d have to take a shower & get dressed beyond my yoga pants/tee shirt.  Asking too much of me before coffee.

I can understand that, but room service brings me morning coffee.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

if you want lots of Bacon then the Jammer is you place... and if you bare hand it then they will give you the whole tray 😄

two orders of bacon for me